Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Abandona los prejuicios, Escriba.

Believe me I've tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali167)
    Wow, the ignorance in your manner of talk makes me chuckle. You probably saw this one 'arab' woman in your local shopping mall and managed to generalise the whole race. Your pathetic frame of mind makes me sick. Give your ideas some sort of research and thought next time.

Thanks, regards

I've been living in SA for eight years now. I think I know what I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I have Arab blood. I don't give dirty looks at other women. But I don't live in an Arab country either. I do come across some Arab women giving me scary looks but it's probably just how they were brought up/their culture.

ReputationRep:
    Some arabic women are hot. They just need to take their hijab off first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agolati)
    Escriba = jealous that arab women look good
    Actually Escriba doesn't get jealous over such trivial things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    The niqab and kohl intensifies the evils. :erm:

OP: I have also been subject to stares from Arab ladies. It is mostly out of curiosity but every once in a while a Medusa appears.
    :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    I hate to generalise BUT...

In my experience they give the dirtiest looks when they don't even know you! You walk past them in a mall they look you up and down, you walk into a wedding hall and they've got these sneers plastered all over their faces as well as make-up. I'm pretty certain this has NOTHING to do with colour because it's a whole variety of Arabs who I've seen do this and it's annoying not to mention quite rude. Anyone else had similar experiences? Do you think it's just a cultural thing to give a woman you don't know the daggers so to speak?
    The women you see do that are most probably wearing a hijab. No further comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    Probably because they are jealous of you :dontknow: I think it's not just Arabs but also other cultures who do it to each other because they are comparing themselves to you and when they see you maybe looking better or something, they judge you/talk about you so they can feel better. Pretty sad really but you are better off ignoring them and take it as a compliment as that feeling they get when they look at you is inferiority.

Best answer so far.

ReputationRep:
    Best answer so far.
    LOL, it's not the best answer because it assumes that girls are jealous of you for being better looking than them by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma3arf)
    LOL, it's not the best answer because it assumes that girls are jealous of you for being better looking than them by any chance?
    Usually when people give you dirty looks and look at you up and down and start talking about you when you have done nothing wrong ..it's jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    I noticed the majority of people disagreeing with the OP either haven't lived in the middle east or are men or are arabs from the middle east themselves. Pretty much most women who've lived in the middle east know what she's talking about. TBH if you're arab but your nationality is british or you've grown up here you're obviously not what people are talking about. I think people are talking about the general culture of women in arab countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    Usually when people give you dirty looks and look at you up and down and start talking about you when you have done nothing wrong ..it's jealousy.
    I was joking, hence the ( )

But yeah I know, and it's not 'Arab women' only, not even specific cultures, it's just women, most of them anyway, so saying that Arab women give pretty girls dirty looks because they're so jealous and what not is not exactly fair IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rassam)
    The women you see do that are most probably wearing a hijab. No further comments.
    well obviously - in Saudi Arabia they all wear hijab, it's the law.

ReputationRep:
    Best answer so far.

Because it inflates your ego?

ReputationRep:
    Culture? Anyway I don't know much arab people so can't really say but I know that different race have different personalities (although not everyone are the same but you get a majority acting the same way)

ReputationRep:
    The truth is... any foreigner who visits/stays in another totally different country to theirs(as in a country who's cultures and ethics differ completely) will get bad looks from the natives. The problem with the Saudi's is that they find it hard to hide their feelings/face expressions in regards to this.
    In comparison, when Westerners go to Japan, some natives do feel disgusted towards them however the Japanese are professionals at masking their real feelings to the foreigner and will always seem to act polite and friendly because this is how they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maljebo)
    Saudi Arabian arabs are generally some of the scummiest and ill mannered arabs, they are stuck up for no reason. There is an Iraqi saying which is perfect for them.

"Laa khilqa wa la akhlaaq"
    "No looks and no manners"
    Loool, Iraqi sayings

ReputationRep:
    My friend who wears a Hijab always seems to get dirty looks from other Hijabis she might pass on the street.
    Obviously not exclusive to Arabs, but not sure what the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbondummy)
    My friend who wears a Hijab always seems to get dirty looks from other Hijabis she might pass on the street.
    Obviously not exclusive to Arabs, but not sure what the problem is.
    ahah every arab (looking) chick gets that, it's more of a ''one of us, one of us gooble gobble gooble gobble!'' kind of look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    well obviously - in Saudi Arabia they all wear hijab, it's the law.
    LOL forgot about that! but my point remains...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.