Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's been pretty good. But I hope next year is better.

ReputationRep:
    Met some amazing people this year, started a great college course, another year gone since my stepdad was kicked out the house.

But also my. mother. has set her priorities all wrong and other events have happened which I won't simply say in front of the people of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Fast. Reallll fast.

ReputationRep:
    Easily the hardest year academically in my entire life. Never been so stressed or cried about school work. Eurgh UCAS kills me...............

ReputationRep:
    I had a lot of fun, but there has been a lot of incidents and heartache as well with family, friends, university and relationships. I hope 2011 is a lot better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    One of the best years of my life Left college (which I hated), started uni (which I love), met some amazing people, learnt to drive, went on the best holiday of my life.

Has been a great year
    Same on all accounts!

An unbelievable year which has more than lived up to expectations. So much better after a rather uneventful 2009!

ReputationRep:
    Been a pretty good year for me: climbed two of the biggest mountains in the UK in the same day; ran 2 marathons and 1 half marathon; got a well paid part time job (which I was made redundant from but it looks good on my CV and helped me to clear some personal debts at the time) and started Law School. I also learnt a lot this year about myself and personal development.

ReputationRep:
    Not too great; I've put my head down and tried to be a nicer gut, but it turns out people don't want to stay friends if you go all nerdy Things at home have been stressful too.

HOWEVER, my academics have improved greatly and I went to Leeds Festival

ReputationRep:
    Wonderful =) The year I found myself again. I'm counting on 2011 to be better still.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I had a mixed year. Plenty of good tings balanced out with plenty of bad and horrible tings.

ReputationRep:
    Not amazing, not terrible...average

ReputationRep:
    Crap.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed. The first half was quite bad.

ReputationRep:
    DAMN FAST! And quite different from last year. Ahh.. Last year was the best year in my life so far. But I had both good and bad experiences this year; and difficult challenges. Perhaps things I had to face.

ReputationRep:
    My mum was diagnosed with cancer in March. It was inoperable then, and it was still inoperable last time they did a scan in November (next scan in January, hopefully will have a good start to 2011!)

The police have taken me to hospital multiple times because they were 'concerned for my safety', and they've taken me home a few times besides those. They've always been lovely to me, but it's not fun. On one of said occasions I missed an exam, so had to do that in August.

So on the whole it's been a bit rubbish.

But I turned 21, I had a great family holiday to France, I got a First in the 2nd year uni results, I had lots of fun times with my friends, I went to the police skidpan in London, I had a lovely Christmas and hopefully will have a great NYE. So there were good times as well!

It's gone so quickly though, this year's over so fast.

ReputationRep:
    It's been okay for me. An improvement from 2009, but definitely still a long way to go from when I was peaking in 2007 and 2008.

ReputationRep:
    worst year of my life so far :'( :'(
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    Exams----->:work:--->Results day----->:emo:
    This sums it up nicely. On a gap year now

ReputationRep:
    What a throughly depressing thread. As for the year...useful...taught me many lessons.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that a fair few really bad things have happened this year but I've taken the positives out of them. Which sounds terribly self-helpish and like a primary school assembly but it would be a fair assessment of 2010.

But does 2011 phase me?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.