The Student Room Group

Did you think the Come Fly with Me racial impersonations were racist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenEyedGal
No I think any stance against Political Correctness is a good one. I am sick of the R word and any ethnic minority who is offended by impersonations or stereotype are only offended because of their own inferiority complex.

See this is the problem with closed minded individuals like yourself. Ethnics do not waste time calling ofcom about discrimination on tv. They face enough of it in real life to be bothered about a sketch. Ethnic minorities will complain if they have lost their jobs, been falsely arrested, gang culture etc. Usually its white people who use the racism or racist card.
Reply 81
People who are easily offended in todays modern age shouldnt have a connection with the world, no TV / Internet / Phones / Newspapers because theirs always a bunch of whiny ***** that always find something offensive. Switch off and go live in a cave.

Clarkson in a burqa is not offensive
Come fly with me is not offensive, if you find tv offensive stop watching you prick.
I love Come Fly With Me :h:

How can anyone find it racist? :s-smilie:
Original post by Shake 'n Bake
See this is the problem with closed minded individuals like yourself. Ethnics do not waste time calling ofcom about discrimination on tv. They face enough of it in real life to be bothered about a sketch. Ethnic minorities will complain if they have lost their jobs, been falsely arrested, gang culture etc. Usually its white people who use the racism or racist card.

I agree with this, and one thing which I have observed is you find people who are very 'pc' about these non-issues, sometimes have bigoted attitudes themselves on bigger issues. I think it's more about white people wanting to have an excuse to throw the racism card at other races.
Personally, I think that society is just overeacting and taking this 'racism' issue in this program way too seriously.
Anyone who found this show entertaining is a ****ing idiot.

If you don't think two 'comedians' taping their eyes into slants, dressing up as Japanese girls and singing a song that goes 'YING LING YANG CHONG' is racist you are a ****ing moron.

**** EVERYTHING.
well that was a bit unnecessary. I love this show - was in stitches when Ian the immigration officer picked up the phone and went "Brown, how brown?" hahahahaha
Reply 87
Original post by bex285
I thought it was hilarious.

Me too! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending