Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 2011 going to be a good year for music Watch

ReputationRep:
    New albums from both Opeth and Karnivool. Oh and Radiohead.

So yes, I'd say that alone will make it an awesome year...

ReputationRep:
    New Rise Against album, new In Flames album, tons of new hardstyle being announced by various labels, me and some friends going to Defqon.1 in the Netherlands in the summer...yep, it's gonna be good.

(Original post by Manitude)
    Alestorm and Amon Amarth are releasing albums in the next few months.
    Fen's new album is out in a few days.
    Ensiferum are doing 'something' this year, probably a 2012 release.
    Forefather are going into the studio soonish, if they're as quick as they were last time then we'd be looking at a late 2012 or early 2013 release.
    There's a new Burzum album too, which I may check out.
    Possibly a new Winterfylleth album this year too.

Should be a good year, yeah.
    WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS WONDERFUL DEVELOPMENT?!?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sendaii)
    New Rise Against album, new In Flames album, tons of new hardstyle being announced by various labels, me and some friends going to Defqon.1 in the Netherlands in the summer...yep, it's gonna be good.

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS WONDERFUL DEVELOPMENT?!?
    I don't know, but you should really "like" them on facebook, that's where I get most of my updates from them.
    They finished recording a few weeks ago - now they're just mixing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemming69)
    ahhh nice to see your keeping up with kate can't wait for this alleged new material...
    Hallo Yes, I've just been listening to the Sensual World for the last three weeks. I can't wait either. I've still got two of her other albums to discover (HOL and The Dreaming).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    The Vaccines, Radiohead, Metronomy, Egyptian Hip Hop (maybe), Los Campesinos! considering how fast they come up with albums, Rolo Tomassi...
    I'm feeling hungry. Don't forget The Strokes. I adore Egyptian Hip Hop and am seeing Metronomy in April. Vaccines are decent and am so excited for King of Limbs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.