Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really annoying ****ing people, like that sad sack of **** that advertises on that Envirohphone advert now, fat, ugly, pathetic, needs to sell **** old phones to supplement income, needs to do ****ty adverts to supplement it too, you can see their target market with that mother****er on the screen, real beady eyes too like he has had a fucing bee sting in the face or an allergic reaction to the shell fish he shouldn't have ate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-Qu...eature=related

Also those women too with their fake tan and their ****ing bad use of makeup and perfume, holy **** are you trying to make me vomit love? tanning beds aren't going to get those preamture wrinkles out either, you sad excuse for a human, quit coming on every ****ing holiday package I buy whether it's to brazil or the ****ing canaries, also, when you're in those exotic places, you somehow find the one place on the entire ****ing spanish island that sells the Sun or HEAT magazine, I can't find an off license that sells drink I can ****ing recognize, and your accent ''oh loook, jade goodies got cannnnnnsuuuuurrrr!'' **** UP AND DIE AND STOP SMOKING EVERY 5 mins, I AM A SMOKER AND I FIND IT ****ING ANNOYING! You just want to be like jordan, well you ****ing got it, you're stupid ugly, annoying, always turn up when it is the last thing I want and need to sack your make-up artist.

Anyway, apart from those 2 types of people, brits can be alright.

ReputationRep:
    Public Swimming baths - lots of them.

Unheard of in most parts of the world... I hear they don't have them in America outside the very large cities/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Fair nuff. But those companies, although they're British in name do they not have creative bases of operation etc. as to avoid taxation? What actually makes them British? Ok, they might have started here... but now what.

What do you expect them to do? Solely operate in Britain and only recruit HM subjects from the UK? Companies such as GlaxoSmithKline and BAE Systems are doing ground breaking research into their respective fields, it is not just a 'front' for selling products.

You could quote the same for any country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick.w)
    personal experiance yes. i have mixed family in ameirca and across the uk.
    also u just have look at the media and see the difference really.
    but yea i take it ur white lol.
    I dunno man, I've lived in both inner city Baton Rouge and rural South Louisiana. I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

And no, I'm not. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    Wasn't being entirely serious...

was more just to annoy lefties and people who are ashamed to be British. Which, one the whole, one ought never to pass up an opportunity to do.
    Ought never to pass up the opportunity to be ashamed of being British?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Ought never to pass up the opportunity to be ashamed of being British?
    One ought never to pass up an oppurtunity to irrate self-hating lefty-liberals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    One ought to pass up an oppurtunity to irrate self-hating lefty-liberals
    Phew, agreed!

ReputationRep:
    From a French perspective :

- Sense of humour
    - Music
    - Business sense
    - Tea
    - "Gentleman" behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    Youve lived in Texas since you were 3 im guessing i think he means places like alabama missisippi around there.
    No. I lived in Louisiana most of my life.

ReputationRep:
    OK, well a good number of the world's major multi-nationals are British-based, and not just banks/financial services firms. Firms like Vodafone, BP, Shell (OK part Dutch), Unilever (part Dutch too), Glaxo SmithKline, etc.

Culturally, we are amongst the world's most influential countries, since we have lots of top singers, actors, writers, etc., and the BBC is arguably the most respected broadcaster in the world.

ReputationRep:
    For the doubters of the UK countryside:

But yeah, we sell guns and **** and engines for planes (that explode:ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    x
    Soooo nice

Link to the pics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    Soooo nice

Link to the pics?
    I took those off the Daily Mail site, but this is the dude: http://www.markdentonphotographic.co.uk/

There's a load of others on there.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You're an unutterable fool. As I was reading that, I knew you'd be working class, which, I'll have you know, I am also. I come from one of the most ' undesirable', shall we say, areas in Essex. You've put words in my mouth and fabricated an argument I never made; what I said is exactly true.
    Haha. Did you or did you not say it isn't 'natural' for rich and poor people to mix?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    Haha. Did you or did you not say it isn't 'natural' for rich and poor people to mix?
    It's not natural for rich people to mix with poor people, thus making it natural for the existence of class.

ReputationRep:
    It's not natural for rich people to mix with poor people, thus making it natural for the existence of class.
    So I didn't fabricate your argument. As that is exactly what I said you said and argued against. Fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    So I didn't fabricate your argument. As that is exactly what I said you said and argued against. Fool.
    It's been so long I can't remember what I accused you of fabricating; remind me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Sorry, but:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Well? As far as I understand the best thing we have going for us is the city of London, but since those guys are experts in dodging tax (usually in a legal manner ofc) I just don't understand what we have to offer the world in general.
    London is one of the financial capitals of the world.

We have a world leading pharmaceutical industry.

The cutting edge research done by our universities is internationaly reknowned.

AND MUCH MUCH MORE FOOL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.