Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a couple of teenagers asked you to buy them alcohol would you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    lol yes.
    my friend was too scraed to byt it herself..i didnt buy it for her bymyself it would make me feel used so she came in with me and i went to the till..
    What is this i dont even

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I keep the change though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    What is this i dont even
    I brought alcohol for my friend.she stood next to me cos she was to scared to buy it byherself )

ReputationRep:
    No, its happened to me a few times, and it was with kids as young as 12.
    I tell them it's pass their bed time and that they need to pack off.

ReputationRep:
    My sister bought me some before but it doesn't really count if you're related...
    I doubt I'd be their first choice, being 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    I brought alcohol for my friend.she stood next to me cos she was to scared to buy it byherself )
    Was she too scared to bring it herself or buy it herself?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't unless it was for good friends of mine. Saying that, I'm not even 18 yet...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have this trouble, people don't think I'm 18 lol

ReputationRep:
    Why are 16-17 year olds standing outside shops?
    Surely they have friends who are of age who could buy it?

17 year olds can get hold of booze easy peasy - a lot of clubs let underage people in, a lot of shops sell booze without asking for ID, and nearly everyone has friends who'll buy it for them. Getting hold of alchohol isn't an issue unless you're like 14/15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    Was she too scared to bring it herself or buy it herself?
    she was too scared to buy it herself.she got rejected from a few stores because she was underage so i brought it from a different store for her&myself

ReputationRep:
    If they paid me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovewords)
    No no, That's naughties!! :zomg:

You should take their money but use it to buy them something more suitable... like starburst sweets.

and THEEEN go off on a rant about how 'back in my day these were called opal fruits'.

You oldie..
    Lol :P

Personally I would if I knew the chances of getting caught were low and i gained money.

To be fair quite a big reason for this is that before I was 18 getting alcohol was a ***** so I kinda know what they mean

ReputationRep:
    I would (and do) if it's my sister or someone I knew...my sister has my ID when I'm abroad anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I'd charge them £5, but yeah, I would

ReputationRep:
    Eww OP grooms children with the sedative that is alcohol. Massive paedo.

ReputationRep:
    Some kids asked me for cigarettes when I worked in a shop, and once when my boss was standing outside having a smoke, some 15yo asked him to go in and buy him alcohol - because apparently he won't get served in there lol :rolleyes: You'd almost feel sorry for him!

But no, I wouldn't buy any. If I had a brother/sister and I thought they were mature and drank it at home, then I'd buy it for them if they were 16 or 17 but not otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    No, because usually it would slow me down for where I'm going unless I am heading in the shop. I only would if they got their shanks out on me, and maybe let me keep the change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dharp)
    I was going into a newsagents and a couple of teenagers (im guessing about 16-17) asked me to buy them some alcohol, They didn't ask for anything too hard ( just some fosters) so i obliged. Just wondering if anyone else has done this? or could i get into big trouble for this?
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    No.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.