Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SILLY NAMES FOR INNOCENT KIDS-Would you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    did my work exp in a doctors surgery baby clinic... one child was called aston martin :| his brother and sister were also named after cars....

had a teacher who named her children, Holly, Fern, Bracken, and i cant remember the other but was a plant name aswell
    funny thing is my god parents name their scottie dogs after plants too......

(Original post by Liam_G)
    I think I'd rather have an interesting name than the one I have... It's so boring.
    I know someone called liam graham :O!
    but its not you.... i checked... unless you lied about your age on your profile hmmmm... and location..... lol
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    A man in the United States had twin sons and called one "Winner" and one "Loser".

The one called Winner became a junkie, Loser became a respected police officer and called affectionately by his colleagues "Lou".

If that isn't pure irony, show me what is.

The name "Christmas" isn't that bad, you can just shorten it to Chris.
    ahaha freakonomics?

I know someone called "Unique".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    When I have children I'm not going to call them anything more extreme than Charlotte or Sophie.

Traditional names FTW
    Douglas and Rosie/Margareta

ReputationRep:
    Gaylord Focker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)
    I know someone called liam graham :O!
    but its not you.... i checked... unless you lied about your age on your profile hmmmm... and location..... lol
    x
    It's such a common name. I don't like it very much :no:.

I'd like to have 't' in my name. T's are cool.

ReputationRep:
    I know a dude called manwhore....

asian parents....I feel sorry for the dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    My RE teacher's friend called her son 'don't know' because they couldn't think of a name, he was known as 'donny' :facepalm2:
    Is that serious? That's horrible!

ReputationRep:
    A cousin of mine is called Rio Rainbow. His grandad was from Jamaica and actually called Rainbow so it's a family name. Can kind of let that one go since he's such a cracking little kid :love:

At my school we had a Chardonnaynay, LaChique, Nerefiti, Sambucca (yes, I am not kidding), Whiskey and my all time favourite Vah-Gina. She liked to be called Rosie for some reason.

Surprisingly, the weirdest name I've come across with my Brownies is Ellis. It was quite sweet in a way

ReputationRep:
    I once met someone called Puzzle Blue (hippie parents)...

I was almost called a rather awful name myself - Salome (pronounced Salomi) - I probably would have been called 'salami' my whole life so I'm quite glad my parents went with the more sane Naomi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    lmao!

I thought Fanny went out in the 1800s :facepalm2:
    When I was younger I had a French e-pal called "Fanny Guy"

ReputationRep:
    I have chosen names for my children:
    Jacob David (Jake)
    Zecharia Micah (Zac/Zec)
    Eve Aleksandra-Saphira (Eve/Evie)

I guess with some weird names you can shorten them to make normal names, like I know a girl with some really weird name but she just shortens it to Imy

Edit: I hate my name. Its awful; Harriet. I shorten it to Harri/Harry/Hattie/Hatty.. still hate it.

ReputationRep:
    At least it can be shortened to Chris :dontknow:
    I wouldn't give a kid a purposefully stupid name but there's no accounting for what other people think, all the guys names I like sound like dog names, according to someone on here.

ReputationRep:
    I would not name my kid something silly.

ReputationRep:
    Having read these answers, I have arrived at the incontrovertible conclusion that these people should have been sterilised.

ReputationRep:
    I wish my mum hadn't given me my annoying, Welsh name. Every year when we get our Christmas cards I get called something different ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    Kid in a magazine I read was called DKNY, which was pronounced like "bikini" but with a D. Her sister was called Joop and her brother some equally hideous moniker. Poor little sods. I used to work in a lab where we did all the swabs for the prem babies, and the names that used to come out of there, beggers belief really.

ReputationRep:
    I read once a mum named her twins Gin and Tonic.

But it went to court because it was so stupid and they changed it to something normal.

ReputationRep:
    Ooo also there was a Bacardi Anne Coke popped up when I was at the lab too!
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadarn)
    Someone in Nuneaton changed their name to Megatron......works in Sainsburys too

now cant afford to change back
    I once met a Megatron too. Many years ago (back in about 2003 I think) my hubby and I (then fiance) were at a rock nightclub in Leeds (Bar Phono - sadly it has since shut down) and we got talking to this guy outside the club at the end of the night once everybody had piled out of the club.

Anyhow I asked his name and he said Megatron. I was so pissed out of my tree I didn't realise what he had said, but my husband was like "what? Megatron? you're kidding right?" So the guy produces a bank card out of his wallet and sure enough his name was Megatron (some normal middle name and some normal surname tacked on the end there).
    He said his mother was Japanese and she chose his name.

lol funny times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadarn)
    Someone in Nuneaton changed their name to Megatron......works in Sainsburys too

now cant afford to change back

:rofl: All of my mum's family live in Nuneaton and I go there quite a bit, haven't come across any Megatron though.. :sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.