SILLY NAMES FOR INNOCENT KIDS-Would you? Watch

x-pixie-lottie-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
did my work exp in a doctors surgery baby clinic... one child was called aston martin :| his brother and sister were also named after cars....

had a teacher who named her children, Holly, Fern, Bracken, and i cant remember the other but was a plant name aswell
funny thing is my god parents name their scottie dogs after plants too......

(Original post by Liam_G)
I think I'd rather have an interesting name than the one I have... It's so boring.
I know someone called liam graham :O!
but its not you.... i checked... unless you lied about your age on your profile hmmmm... and location..... lol
x
theths
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by milkytea)
A man in the United States had twin sons and called one "Winner" and one "Loser".

The one called Winner became a junkie, Loser became a respected police officer and called affectionately by his colleagues "Lou".

If that isn't pure irony, show me what is.

The name "Christmas" isn't that bad, you can just shorten it to Chris.
ahaha freakonomics?

I know someone called "Unique".
awais590
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by snowyowl)
When I have children I'm not going to call them anything more extreme than Charlotte or Sophie.

Traditional names FTW
Douglas and Rosie/Margareta
Lewroll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gaylord Focker
Liam_G
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)
I know someone called liam graham :O!
but its not you.... i checked... unless you lied about your age on your profile hmmmm... and location..... lol
x
It's such a common name. I don't like it very much :no:.

I'd like to have 't' in my name. T's are cool.
infernalcradle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know a dude called manwhore....

asian parents....I feel sorry for the dude
oHellno
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by awais590)
My RE teacher's friend called her son 'don't know' because they couldn't think of a name, he was known as 'donny' :facepalm2:
Is that serious? That's horrible!
Laurah5498
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A cousin of mine is called Rio Rainbow. His grandad was from Jamaica and actually called Rainbow so it's a family name. Can kind of let that one go since he's such a cracking little kid :love:

At my school we had a Chardonnaynay, LaChique, Nerefiti, Sambucca (yes, I am not kidding), Whiskey and my all time favourite Vah-Gina. She liked to be called Rosie for some reason.

Surprisingly, the weirdest name I've come across with my Brownies is Ellis. It was quite sweet in a way
mimimimi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I once met someone called Puzzle Blue (hippie parents)...

I was almost called a rather awful name myself - Salome (pronounced Salomi) - I probably would have been called 'salami' my whole life so I'm quite glad my parents went with the more sane Naomi.
lightburns
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xnatalie01x)
lmao!

I thought Fanny went out in the 1800s :facepalm2:
When I was younger I had a French e-pal called "Fanny Guy"
HEJ92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have chosen names for my children:
Jacob David (Jake)
Zecharia Micah (Zac/Zec)
Eve Aleksandra-Saphira (Eve/Evie)

I guess with some weird names you can shorten them to make normal names, like I know a girl with some really weird name but she just shortens it to Imy

Edit: I hate my name. Its awful; Harriet. I shorten it to Harri/Harry/Hattie/Hatty.. still hate it.
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At least it can be shortened to Chris :dontknow:
I wouldn't give a kid a purposefully stupid name but there's no accounting for what other people think, all the guys names I like sound like dog names, according to someone on here.
perhaps
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would not name my kid something silly.
rylit91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Having read these answers, I have arrived at the incontrovertible conclusion that these people should have been sterilised.
psychocustard
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wish my mum hadn't given me my annoying, Welsh name. Every year when we get our Christmas cards I get called something different ¬_¬
Lazaroo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Kid in a magazine I read was called DKNY, which was pronounced like "bikini" but with a D. Her sister was called Joop and her brother some equally hideous moniker. Poor little sods. I used to work in a lab where we did all the swabs for the prem babies, and the names that used to come out of there, beggers belief really.
chemical_bex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I read once a mum named her twins Gin and Tonic.

But it went to court because it was so stupid and they changed it to something normal.
Lazaroo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ooo also there was a Bacardi Anne Coke popped up when I was at the lab too!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cadarn)
Someone in Nuneaton changed their name to Megatron......works in Sainsburys too

now cant afford to change back
I once met a Megatron too. Many years ago (back in about 2003 I think) my hubby and I (then fiance) were at a rock nightclub in Leeds (Bar Phono - sadly it has since shut down) and we got talking to this guy outside the club at the end of the night once everybody had piled out of the club.

Anyhow I asked his name and he said Megatron. I was so pissed out of my tree I didn't realise what he had said, but my husband was like "what? Megatron? you're kidding right?" So the guy produces a bank card out of his wallet and sure enough his name was Megatron (some normal middle name and some normal surname tacked on the end there).
He said his mother was Japanese and she chose his name.

lol funny times.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cadarn)
Someone in Nuneaton changed their name to Megatron......works in Sainsburys too

now cant afford to change back

:rofl: All of my mum's family live in Nuneaton and I go there quite a bit, haven't come across any Megatron though.. :sad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.28%
They might tell the bully (26)
9.96%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.09%
It might lead to more bullying (95)
36.4%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.27%

Watched Threads