Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    it seems that everyone thinks that it is one of these 3 things?
    1)you go to another place like heaven/hell or something like that
    2) you are re-born as another animal or maybe even something on another planet
    3) you are just dead and there will be nothing- just like before you were born
    what else could it be other than these 3 things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatebrownbread)
    it seems that everyone thinks that it is one of these 3 things?
    1)you go to another place like heaven/hell or something like that
    2) you are re-born as another animal or maybe even something on another planet
    3) you are just dead and there will be nothing- just like before you were born
    what else could it be other than these 3 things?
    Probably people also say you soul still lives on planet earth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1990)
    I don't thrust my beliefs on you, you shouldn't do the same to me
    they are not, they are just stating their view. problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsinghdahiya257)
    Blackness/Darkness is the absence of light.

And I guess the reason why humans know nothing about post-death experiences, is simple because no-one really has come back to report about it (They are dead).

If light can be absent, then it exsits.

If there is literally nothing, then nothing exists. See what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    It's already been said dozens of times, but I basically just reckon it's like it was before you were born. Can you remember that? Precisely. It's impossible for us to comprehend but it makes the most sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    your jus pointless! You wont understsand it. Only intelligent people understand it and see the signs of it.
    Well, first, let's start with the 'only intelligent people understand it' part. Judging on your spelling and grammar, you wouldn't 'see the signs of it', so maybe you aren't understanding or maybe you are deluded.

(By the way:

your = You're
    jus = just
    understsand = understand
    and the exclamation mark isn't necessary)

Also, I'd like to point out that I do happen to be reasonably intelligent, so I'm sure I could, as you put it, 'understand it and see the signs of it'. I just don't see why people are so obsessed with thinking 'there must be a point to life'. Why?

Finally, this thread is entitled 'What do you think happens after death?', and I gave my opinion, that there doesn't have to be a point to life. We might just all die, get buried and that's the end of it. Now, you (and anybody else, including me), have no way of knowing whether I'm right or wrong, so you shouldn't try to say I'm wrong in the first place. However, then using your opinion as fact, and evidence to try and prove my point wrong is just completely wrong.

There are thousands of different theories as to what happens after death, and only one is right. Just because you believe something, doesn't make it true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I totally believe this.
    Shame there's no reason to believe it.

ReputationRep:
    your jus pointless! You wont understsand it. Only intelligent people understand it and see the signs of it.
    Evidence that only intelligent people understand it? I can think of many intelligent people who don't follow your particular organised religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexx53)
    Well, first, let's start with the 'only intelligent people understand it' part. Judging on your spelling and grammar, you wouldn't 'see the signs of it', so maybe you aren't understanding or maybe you are deluded.

(By the way:

your = You're
    jus = just
    understsand = understand
    and the exclamation mark isn't necessary)

Also, I'd like to point out that I do happen to be reasonably intelligent, so I'm sure I could, as you put it, 'understand it and see the signs of it'. I just don't see why people are so obsessed with thinking 'there must be a point to life'. Why?

Finally, this thread is entitled 'What do you think happens after death?', and I gave my opinion, that there doesn't have to be a point to life. We might just all die, get buried and that's the end of it. Now, you (and anybody else, including me), have no way of knowing whether I'm right or wrong, so you shouldn't try to say I'm wrong in the first place. However, then using your opinion as fact, and evidence to try and prove my point wrong is just completely wrong.

There are thousands of different theories as to what happens after death, and only one is right. Just because you believe something, doesn't make it true.
    ur a joker! looool!

Are you telling me that everyone who has their theory, doesn't believe that their own theory is right? This is ludicrous! Obviously whoever has a strong opinion will believe they are right (duh). So, obviously if I believe my theory is right, it means that I believe yours is wrong.

And who gives a damn about spelling and grammar on the Internet? You got my point. Thats all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    Shame there's no reason to believe it.
    I'm glad I have a faith .

ReputationRep:
    lol :rofl:
    Ever heard of

He who laughs last, laughs best?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to have their own theories about this, none of my friends like my theory, which is basically you just die and nothing happens!
    Whats your theory?
    I'd like there to be something after death.....but the reality is we all decay and join the circle of life....

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of

He who laughs last, laughs best?
    lol yes, so tell me when you'll be laughing last?

ReputationRep:
    lol yes, so tell me when you'll be laughing last?
    When youll be crying for having ignored the warnings of llpokermuffinll

ReputationRep:
    When youll be crying for having ignored the warnings of llpokermuffinll
    lol you're such a troll

ReputationRep:
    I think that we relive the lives of an ancestor but we're not physically them in the future, I mean a past ancestor like in the Assassin's Creed games. We remain as ghosts assigned to watch over our future ancestors or we are reincarnated into another human life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booksnob)
    I've always, always just known that that's it. There's no afterlife.
    This wouldn't be TSR unless members were treating their own opinion as fact.

ReputationRep:
    I don't thrust my beliefs on you, you shouldn't do the same to me
    Your thread title was "What do you think happens after death?".

Don't go bashing the religious people after asking what they think??

ReputationRep:
    The evidence we have suggests... the body decays, you are your body and so I assume once you die you no longer exist except as soil. Personally I have no reason to believe in any kind of afterlife and so am going to try to be as useful as possible once I die, full body donations and then I want the leftovers cremated and scattered over some bonzai tree, coz it will be poetic nd shiz

ReputationRep:
    You go to hell and play tic tac toe with hitler

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.