Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favorite Movie Ending Scene Watch

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt The Graduate. The really distorted sounding 'ELAINE!' and then her really shrieky 'BEEEEEN!' and 'NOT FER ME!', and then the little skuffle, and then their changing expressions on the bus, I just watch it over and over.

ReputationRep:
    A bit eccentric but I love the ending of the 1960s version of 'The Time Machine'. It ends with one of the characters saying "He has all the time in the world".

But otherwise, 'Inception' has an immense ending. Apparently you can hear the little top spin and tip over at the end of the credits. Don't quote me on that though! :teehee:

'The Others' has a brilliant finish (I won't say what it is or it may ruin it for you), if you haven't watched that, watch it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Age_of_Innocence)
    Quite liked the ending of JSA (Joint Security Area) with the photo of all the characters. Just really simple but
    poignant.
    I need to watch that...maybe spoilers next time?

Both Oldboy and Memories of Murder, too.

ReputationRep:
    Shawshank Redemption - the whole ending from Red leaving prison onwards is just beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail's ending was superb.

ReputationRep:
    Splice.

ReputationRep:
    Romeo and Juliet <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    Inception
    are you kidding me!??!
    You were satisfied with that ending!?

ReputationRep:
    Blade Runner (OK, so it's not quite the final scene, but it is the scene that provides closure to the film and it's the ending in that regard)

Three actors sum up pretty much the totality of human existence in one scene. It simply doesn't get better than that.

ReputationRep:
    The departed because it was so ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    Ending to The Truman Show was pretty awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    The Departed.

lol u meen infernal affairs rite ; ))

ReputationRep:

In English..

ReputationRep:
    Scarface. An absoulte classic.

"Say hello to my little friend!"

ReputationRep:
    One of my favourite endings is Inception. Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQPy88-E2zo

ReputationRep:
    The Third Man. Possibly one of the best long-shots ever committed to film.

I also love the bug-**** insane ending of 2001. Not as hard to understand as people would have you think, but still...giant space baby.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, Blade Runner aside, The Long Good Friday's ending is pretty legendary:

Doesn't even say a word but it's all the better for it.

ReputationRep:
    Bourne Ultimatum is a pretty good shout. Watching that in the cinema I was so elated by the end, I felt like cheering.

Crash deserves a mention.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by changoo)
      Whats your favorite ending scene in any movie?
      Mine is the ending scene from Deer Hunter, which is a classic masterwork by Michael Cimino.
      lost in translation; not an obvious choice and not the only one, but liked it...

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.