Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Christian Music? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Emu (Australian Christian label), Stuart Townend, Keith and Kristyn Getty are all amazing, not to mention the legend that is Colin Buchanan

ReputationRep:
    I like Hillsong, Aaron Shust, Casting Crowns, Skillet, MercyMe. They all got really great music.

Open the eyes of my heart lord, i want to see you

ReputationRep:
    The nearest I can stand to get to "Christian rock" is to listen to Black Oak Arkansas. As far as I am concerned, the rest is tripe.

ReputationRep:
    Hillsong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    Is Christian rock, rap, pop etc simply not taken from the "worldly" - that is, influenced by "Satan".

Could many of you be in danger of hypocrisy and falling under the influence of "Satan" in "Christian" music??

P.S. I am not Christian, but it does amuse me how many "Christians" are so of the world.
    Before watching this video I didn't think much of it but now I sorta do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLCQZPBgN_M The part at 05:56 made me realize what I was doing was quite stupid if I wanted a relationship with God.

I haven't cut out all non-Christian music but I've cut out music that makes me feel sad, depressed, angry, etc.

I'm sure it's different for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    New Relient K album in 6 weeks!! Don't know if it's been mentioned on the thread already... those guys are my faves. Absolutely cannot wait to see them live one day (if they break up before then :unimpressed:)

ReputationRep:
    Matishyahu and Yeezus - New Slaves

ReputationRep:
    Relient K is awesome! And Hillsong by far has to be my favourite!! But it will be really nice to start listening to some of the other things suggested on here, because I love to hear new Christian music!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful Eulogy are pretty good! They're under the Humble Beast Records label, not sure if many people will know them but the stuff they do is great!

I don't listen to a lot of Christian bands, the only time I do is when I'm relaxing and then I contemplate the lyrics. I personally prefer to keep service worship to hymns (that isn't to say I'm condemning bands in worship music) because I think hymns allow me to focus more on the words but obviously it's each to their own
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Any Gungor fans here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Listen to some real music

ReputationRep:
    Hillsong and Kari Jobe<33

Love came down is one of my ultimate favourites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapnHooch)
    I was in charge of the music behind a play signifying Jesus's forty days and nights in the desert. Little did the priest know I had organised a medley of Slayer songs...
    LOL :teehee: I bet that went down well...

ReputationRep:
    SIKH MUSIC!

Inb4 conversion attempt accusations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    Tim Hughes is all you need
    Agreed, and Jesus culture.

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENtL_...Nnloc&index=11

so many....

ReputationRep:

Genuine Christian metal (and even more surprisingly, not BAD metal :dontknow:)

ReputationRep:
    Indescribable by Kierra Shard and I know who I am by Sinach

At my church, whenever this song gets played everyone gets up to dance and sing :')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot1yFKTUn4E

ReputationRep:
    Come on, its got to be Leonard Cohen.- "Hallelujah", or Leonard Cohen "suzanne"
    (perhaps its a Catholic-Jewish thing)

ReputationRep:
    Rend Collective Experiment ftw.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 23, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.