Girls - What body shape are you? How do you know? Watch

Annie94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chaofan88)
Well, at 5'5 you're actually one inch above the national average height for women! The solution to your predicament is clear...wear decorated elastic bands I always feel blessed when my busty friend complains about how most clothes don't fit her properly because most designers tailor their clothes towards more stick-like figures. Finding trousers is pain though because my legs are almost 1.25 metres long :/
I know the feeling...My friend is always complaining that because of her body most shirts make her look just plain slutty! :closedeyes:
Finding trousers might be a pain but they sure look amazing on our thin, miles long legs :dance:
natashapt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would be an "athletic" or boyish shape as as I have tiny waist/hips but then have large DD boobs for my frame which then makes me top heavy, I'm a size 6 bottoms but size 10 tops What am I eh...
nenjv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I find the styling advice based on shape pretty unhelpful... at 41-31-42 and 5'7", technically I'm an hourglass, but they make out like this is the easiest shape in the world to dress?

All I know is I can usually never find jeans that fit on the thighs without bagging out at the waist. Losing weight makes no difference, cause it goes from my waist, regrettably not from my large thighs. All I can do is punch extra holes in my belt!

Also, where I can often get away with a size 12 in t-shirts and dresses, only in my wildest (and hungriest) dreams would I even try on anything under a 16 in trousers.

So isn't this more like a pear shape? Do my measurements betray me?

I'd take these generalizations as very rough guidelines. Really only you know what you feel comfortable wearing, and that's got nothing to do with how your figure can be labelled

Oh, and one last thing: whoever says bootcut jeans would flatter me and my "hourglass" shape has clearly never seen me in bootcut jeans. I like my skinnies, thank you.

Peace 'n' sunshine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.35%
No - but I will (77)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.02%

Watched Threads