The foods you were surprised you loved Watch

Beardbrah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Megaross)
I
Never refused to try something though, to me thats just ****ing retarded, whats life without new experience.
wanted to rep but fresh out! But yeah, couldn't agree more
I don't understand any of the foods in this thread - I've always loved em, and absolutely nothing comes to mind that I was put-off from and then discovered love for
Contrad!ction.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TotoMimo)
I recall being totally against even the THOUGHT of eating Black Pudding because I knew what it was as a kid. Then, my dad got it from the chippy one night (I got sausage) and in my haste, took a chomp out of his dinner straight out of the paper. I was shocked at how delicious it was, and then furious at myself for having abstained from the incredible concoction for so goddamned long...

...battered black pudding? From a chippy?

WHY DO MY CHIPPIES NOT DO THIS? :coma:
Jennie027
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cauliflower Cheese!
I don't like cauliflower so naturally assumed I'd dislike cauliflower cheese, but I tried it a few months ago and actually like it
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I uses to despise fries and fizzy drinks. Now, I love them.
Aijin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Red onions. Hated them then accidentally ate them on a pizza and in a salad. Now don't mind them.
mau5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bacon, Maple, Cheddar doughnut.

imy7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
avacado!
NickW-Moores
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Stuffing
RinniieX
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
humous/humus what ever. it looks like whisked sick. whisked dog sick to be precise. but oh my days it is beautiful! with carrot sticks or crisps or celery!

same with egg. didnt touch egg for about 10 years. had one. fell in love!
RinniieX
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jennie027)
Cauliflower Cheese!
I don't like cauliflower so naturally assumed I'd dislike cauliflower cheese, but I tried it a few months ago and actually like it
food of goddddds!
Willez
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sea cucumbers are amazing. They look like a nasty blob of black jelly-like stuff that was once alive... but mmmmm.
Riku
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Shop-bought pies and pastries
Burrito
McDonalds Milkshake
Porridge
Pretty much a,ll fruit, but especially raisins, grapes and sultanas
Saliency
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Scrambled eggs for me. Now I can't get enough of it... :coma:
rawrr_charlotte
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Vegemite
Jennie027
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RinniieX)
food of goddddds!
yummy!
Jessticles
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not a single food, but a dish - I presumed I'd hate pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. I CAN understand sweet with savoury sometimes, especially tangy fruits with rich meats, but this just seemed like a combination in hell.

It is beyond delicious, but I have to have the bacon very crispy. Not something I do/could eat regularly, but it's lovely very occasionally as a treat.
paperclip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jessticles)
It's not a single food, but a dish - I presumed I'd hate pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. I CAN understand sweet with savoury sometimes, especially tangy fruits with rich meats, but this just seemed like a combination in hell.

It is beyond delicious, but I have to have the bacon very crispy. Not something I do/could eat regularly, but it's lovely very occasionally as a treat.
I've never had it, cause i'm a vegetable, but i used to think like this about other combinations that are quite opposite, like jalapeños and pineapple on pizza (or other sweet/spicy combinations) but it is shockingly good! Thinking about it though, it's not that odd; a lot of everyday savoury products have a sweetness to them, beans being a good example.
char2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
rare cooked steak, never thought I would eat it since it hardly looks cooked at all, but omg, i could eat it everyday!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.12%
No - but I will (38)
6.95%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.58%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise