Turn on thread page Beta

Big club supporters watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I've been supporting Liverpool as long as I can remember and don't ever plan on changing :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    What if the club you "support" (because they play good football) suddenly stop playing good football? Would you change to "supporting" another team?
    No. I don't support them because they play good football, I support them because I have always supported them.
    Good football is the reason I began to support them in the first place. I just find that to be more relevant of a reason than simply "their home stadium is nearby".

(Although admittedly, I'm not the sort of hardcore supporter that you described.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluenose14)
    I don't follow?

Put Merseyside, not Liverpool! we are the pride of Merseyside after all!

I still think dzeko will come good for you when he gets used to the league. He looked awesome in germany. Just enjoy the fact that you're a club that's going places though. Youll probably attract some world class manager when the fans get fed up of Mancini.
    Oh I don't actually support Man City they just annoy me incredibly.

ReputationRep:
    Well my father supported Man United, because back in Ghana in the late 70's/80's (when he was doing his degree) they didn't show many teams but Liverpool and United were featured regularly, and he chose United.
    And that's been passed onto me and my brother.

We still support our actual local club (Accra Hearts of Oak in Ghana) and whenever we go back there, providing the season is still on, we'll watch a match or two, except my dad he's not from Accra and supports HOA's rivals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)

The main word is 'support'. I am literally supporting West Ham because i am regularly giving them money. If you don't do that you aren't a supporter, just someone who likes watching them on TV.
    Chump. Financing spoiled millionaire players and chairmen who have been raising ticket prices way higher then inflation is nothing to brag about.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen many posts that dont mention Man-U, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonstudent1)
    Chump. Financing spoiled millionaire players and chairmen who have been raising ticket prices way higher then inflation is nothing to brag about.
    What the **** are you on about? I'm talking in the literal sense of the word, to SUPPORT a club in the same way you'd 'support your family' with money. You don't support a club if you don't go to any games, you're merely a fan. Now do one you nonce :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzzle)

We still support our actual local club (Accra Hearts of Oak in Ghana) .
    African Clubs have some cracking names!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get into football until the 2002 World Cup (I was about 7). I had no idea that my city even had a team so followed my brother in becoming a fan of Man United. I don't know why he began supporting them, don't really care either. I wish I did find out about my local team first (I could go to more games for one) but I can't change now.

"Real" fans do have a point about so called gloryhunting but when they are continuously on their high horses about it, it does get annoying.

EDIT: I prefer the idea of going to games as being the hallmark of a "proper" fan rather than the old "sticking with them through thick and thin" one. The latter just seems like an excuse for fans of less consistent clubs to make themselves feel better. If your team has been riding high ever since you've supported them (like in my case) then you can't claim to have been through thick and thin with them but on the other hand, a proper fan would be glad that they haven't had to go through that and that their club has been successful for that long. Whereas, whether you support Barcelona or Barnsley, you can always make the effort to go to their matches (something which I admittedly don't do).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukr-nffc)
    African Clubs have some cracking names!
    True say!

Although I dont condone recent new clubs "Berekum Chelea" and "Berekum Arsenals"
    :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzzle)
    True say!

Although I dont condone recent new clubs "Berekum Chelea" and "Berekum Arsenals"
    :dry:
    True - i was talking more about clubs like Lancashire Steel, Extension Gunners FC, Power FC etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Doesn't everyone support their Da's club, anyway?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know for sure, but is this since abramovich has taken over? They have won relatively little and have relatively poor away support. United, Liverpool and Arsenal are all far bigger in my opinion.
    not sure but you may be right. 4th largest in europe, arsenal come first with 27 million supporters estimated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukr-nffc)
    True - i was talking more about clubs like Lancashire Steel, Extension Gunners FC, Power FC etc
    Oh true say, I love the ones which name themselves after a traditional African name or phrase or something, those seem to have American Football influences lol but they are all entertaining, nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    I hate all kopites regardless of where they come from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forsaken_earth)
    not sure but you may be right. 4th largest in europe, arsenal come first with 27 million supporters estimated
    source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    source?

i even googled it for your lazy bum
    http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co....e.asp?a=520342

this is a year old however

ReputationRep:
    I don't know for sure, but is this since abramovich has taken over? They have won relatively little and have relatively poor away support. United, Liverpool and Arsenal are all far bigger in my opinion.
    Chelsea has won as many trophies as Spurs and Everton, so frankly is as big as those clubs now.

ReputationRep:
    You should support the team your dad supports and if he doesn't follow football the round closest to your first home.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.