What does everyone think of the iPad 2? Watch

LiberiFatali
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I suppose if you really want one it's not impossible. Different models keep appearing in stock on JL, Currys, Argos and even Tesco randomly, just need to keep checking. Also if you are quick, Apple stores are actually getting them in, at 9pm every evening different stores sometimes get in a few models which you can reserve for collection the next day.
Young Spade
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I liked the idea and concept and LOVED my first gen iPad but I ended up selling it because, quite frankly, shipping anything now a days without support for flash is just stupid.

I browsed more (and at the same speed) on my Galaxy S phone than my iPad, and that just wasn't good.
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Young Spade)
I liked the idea and concept and LOVED my first gen iPad but I ended up selling it because, quite frankly, shipping anything now a days without support for flash is just stupid.
That's a major flaw in the iPad but Apple owners are the most forgiving bunch I've ever come across. This is the sole reason I don't own one right now.
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
More useful then a menstrual pad.
Yawn11
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pointless, if you have a laptop or pc, or a smartphone.

Useless, no flash? Pfft.
Thinker03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's the best tablet in the market, but nowhere near replacing your laptop.
Elainie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think if you already own a first gen iPad, upgrading is a bit pointless unless you desperately desire the camera function (for video conferencing etc...).

That said, the iPad itself is useful for some, and others may find it useless. For me it's handy just to slip in my bag to take to college and do a bit of work and notes on during studying. It doesn't replace all laptop use but it is more lightweight and portable to work with during everyday college life, instead of having to bring my heavier larger laptop everyday back and forth.
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by silent ninja)
That's a major flaw in the iPad but Apple owners are the most forgiving bunch I've ever come across. This is the sole reason I don't own one right now.
Yea.. I loved it when I first got it though and I took it with me everywhere I went, however I just couldn't understand how so many people could be happy missing out on flash.

When I got my Nexus 1 (2.3) and Captivate (2.2) I realized how essential flash is (the phones are fast enough to match the iPad in web browsing).
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Elainie)
I think if you already own a first gen iPad, upgrading is a bit pointless unless you desperately desire the camera function (for video conferencing etc...).

That said, the iPad itself is useful for some, and others may find it useless. For me it's handy just to slip in my bag to take to college and do a bit of work and notes on during studying. It doesn't replace all laptop use but it is more lightweight and portable to work with during everyday college life, instead of having to bring my heavier larger laptop everyday back and forth.
That's exactly why I got mine. I had a netbook at the time and I used it instead of the netbook to take notes in class and just surf the web during down-time.

I loved the fact that it was so light and had such a long battery; it was faster than the netbook in most areas.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yea.. I loved it when I first got it though and I took it with me everywhere I went, however I just couldn't understand how so many people could be happy missing out on flash.

When I got my Nexus 1 (2.3) and Captivate (2.2) I realized how essential flash is (the phones are fast enough to match the iPad in web browsing).
I used an iPod touch in the place of a computer for 8 months last year when I accidentally snapped my laptop in half (Being a poor student I couldn't afford a replacement), and can't say I ever ran into any problems with the lack of flash. I even leave FlashFrozen running on my Mac a lot of the time to help with battery/performance and only really need to take it off for YouTube. While I certainly can't see why Apple continue to refuse to implement Flash, I can honestly say I wouldn't miss it if it left the internet tomorrow =P
laughylolly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Was in the apple store the other day looking at it. Someone in my family has the first generation Ipad so I'm pretty familiar with it. The Ipad 2 is nice and light, thin but not so thin that you feel like it could snap. The camera is alright, nothing fantastic but is a nice feature. Otherwise I didn't really notice much difference between the two. It can be a bit of a gimmick but I've found it to be very useful for somethings where a laptop or netbook would be just too clunky.
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
I used an iPod touch in the place of a computer for 8 months last year when I accidentally snapped my laptop in half (Being a poor student I couldn't afford a replacement), and can't say I ever ran into any problems with the lack of flash. I even leave FlashFrozen running on my Mac a lot of the time to help with battery/performance and only really need to take it off for YouTube. While I certainly can't see why Apple continue to refuse to implement Flash, I can honestly say I wouldn't miss it if it left the internet tomorrow =P
Yea I can see what you mean; it didn't completely ruin the experience that I didn't have flash however it did tick me off that this 500 dollar tablet of awesome couldn't let me view websites that my netbook and smartphone could with no problem.

Oh and thanks for mentioning the application, I just got it and am using it now. (Got my macbook on Friday so i'm new to everything
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

You might be interested in the Samsung tablets. They look sexy.
Billa Bong
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
not much tbh...still think its an oversized version of iphone without the phone :rolleyes:
Dan1903
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't need one, but that doesn't mean I don't want one.
Ultimately an utterly pointless device, but still an attractive package. However, I think assuming the android market gets more apps, I would rather have an android tablet so that I am not limited to what apple thinks is right.
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Flawed and needs to be updated, I'm personally waiting for I pad 3 release date confirmed for Dec '11
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
Flawed and needs to be updated, I'm personally waiting for I pad 3 release date confirmed for Dec '11
Confirmed release date? Where on earth did you get that idea?
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by silent ninja)
You might be interested in the Samsung tablets. They look sexy.
Oh I know all about them and every other tablet coming out, I'm somewhat a nerd. A big one. However, I don't really have the time nor the need to own a tablet right now, one of the major reasons for me selling the iPad.

If I'm at a coffee shop or something for a long time, I'll bring the Mac. If I'm only going there with friends or out somewhere to relax, I'll just use my phone. I don't really have a good window to use a tablet right now >_<
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Confirmed release date? Where on earth did you get that idea?
Joking - implying that apple pushes out their updates too soon, just months after the initial product but it's weird that it almost sounds believable that it would happen
gold.s19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't really like the flat back and curve corners, even though I admit it was easier to pick up and feels a bit lighter and thinner.
Screen and everything feels a bit more responsive compare to the first-gen.
Web browsing was definitely great, even without the res. bump, it still rivals iPhone retina display somewhat, unless you put your eyes on the screen to look for pixels, *which some of you do*, it is still a great screen.
Am I buying one? I definitely want one, as a toy :ahee:
But I really can't see myself having any work done on it, too distracting to say the least.
Not yet sold on the iPad 2 yet dear Steve.
The cameras were good for taking videos, but still photos(!?) look at something else. I find it silly to hold up a tab to just take a photo :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.56%
Leave (375)
20.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed