Turn on thread page Beta

Caraniel's Splendid Spring Anime Preview 2011 watch

ReputationRep:
    wow, you guys are so dedicated. especially compared to someone like me, whose most recent anime was ore no imouto

ReputationRep:
    great first ep of Ano Hana :cry2: looks like its gona be a really good show :yep: tis my kind of series

Menma :puppyeyes: :emog:

ReputationRep:
    So far I've properly sampled the first episode of X Men (kinda dropped it, although I had intended to pick it up...) and the first two episodes of Ao Exorcist, which I really enjoy. I've sampled half of the first episode of C: and found that to be rather enjoyable, so will probably go back for more. Now I just need to sample Ano Hana and Deadman Wonderland.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've actually turned into some kind of real anime freak this spring :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    that better mean you're watching more than hatdance.:hmmm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by vin)
    that better mean you're watching more than hatdance.:hmmm:
    Crunchyroll just awarded me an achievement :puppyeyes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Last series I'll be picking up will be Hyouge Mono. That's it for me now, 15 series will do me until next season. :yes:
    :lies:

With my final assignment of the year due in tomorrow, still unfinished, I've decided to go back and pick up Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai again. I couldn't help but be intrigued by its 'so bad, its bad - in a good way' feeling... Hopefully it'll provide some form of entertainment, if not then having something terrible on the go should help me rate my other series more accurately. :p:

ReputationRep:
    watched the first couple eps of Hanasaku Iroha, tis pretty good :giggle: another show which im gona enjoy methinks

bondage bit at the start of 3rd ep :nooo: :rofl: omg hot yuri action :sexface: :toofunny: aw the ending to that ep

(Original post by Juno)
    :hahaha:

lol @ the file sizes of C: The Money..., 566 mb from gg, 500 mb from Doki and 39mb from Funanimation :facepalm2: gona go with Doki since i quite like their translations even though its half a gb a file , theyre taking on more and more projects every season which is good to see :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I need to get my thoughts in order for the various shows, so for now I'll mention my favourites so far.

Deadman wonderland started out as my favourite of the season, but as it's continued more and more I hear of lots of things being skipped, and while I had made a slight guess, it wasn't until after reading a review which included segments of the manga that I became aware of events preceding the story. Also while it had never been realistic, the last episode I watched was a bit too out there, starting with a girl fighting an old man out of nowhere :nyoron:

Maria holic alive I initially wasn't all that impressed with, but since the first episode or two it has really grown on me, with OPs that get stuck in my head and numerous funny things :teehee:

The surprise of the season so far has been Tiger and Bunny. After seeing the title, and then the preview image, I ignored it thinking it was some kind of mecha show thingy. While the show as a whole is quite enjoyable, the likeable loser main character really pushes the show forward helping to ensure that despite his partners behaviour at times, this isn't an angsty show. It's become the one show this season I always have time to watch :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to know in your opinion what is the best anime from 2008 up to today. Please include any genre or themes present in the anime for example whether its a supernatural anime or mecha etc
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Alext dan)
    I would like to know in your opinion what is the best anime from 2008 up to today. Please include any genre or themes present in the anime for example whether its a supernatural anime or mecha etc
    Shiki; Anime-Planet lists it as 'Mystery, Horror, Vampires, Gore, Psychological', which pretty much says it all. :yes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Junjou Romantica. It's yaoi.

ReputationRep:
    Shall second AJ's recommendation of Shiki and add, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Aoi Bungaku, Durarara!! & Kara no Kyoukai.

ReputationRep:
    Forgive me, I can't narrow it down - the purpose of each anime I've been considering is too different. So three anime.

Casshern Sins - post-apocalyptic, action, slow-paced, philosophical
    Welcome to the Space Show! - family friendly, adventure, film format
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - adventure, drama and WHO AM I KIDDING OF COURSE IT'S BROTHERHOOD. Sorry Casshern. >.<

- Pips
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pippin4242)
    Forgive me, I can't narrow it down - the purpose of each anime I've been considering is too different. So three anime.

Casshern Sins - post-apocalyptic, action, slow-paced, philosophical
    Welcome to the Space Show! - family friendly, adventure, film format
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - adventure, drama and WHO AM I KIDDING OF COURSE IT'S BROTHERHOOD. Sorry Casshern. &gt;.&lt;

- Pips
    Hatdance? :poke:

ReputationRep:
    Hatdance?

I've heard that word earlier today, and I'm assuming it doesn't pertain to FMA - but if it does, don't spoiler me! >.<;;; I'm only ten episodes in. ^^;

- Pips
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hatdance?

I've heard that word earlier today, and I'm assuming it doesn't pertain to FMA - but if it does, don't spoiler me! &gt;.&lt;;;; I'm only ten episodes in. ^^;

- Pips
    Hatdance is an anime in its own right, and it is the best of the spring season.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, see, I'm going to go with the reaction of the people earlier - and the fact that it wasn't in AJ's absurdly extensive 'first episodes' season folder - and say nooooooo it isn't.

[/iswelltrained]

- Pips
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah, see, I'm going to go with the reaction of the people earlier - and the fact that it wasn't in AJ's absurdly extensive 'first episodes' season folder - and say nooooooo it isn't.

[/iswelltrained]

- Pips
    AJ has bad taste in anime :sadnod:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hatdance?
    http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/se...hi-hatsukoi-tv

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.