Best Goalkeeper in the World - Poll Watch

Poll: Who is the best goalkeeper in the world?
Iker Casillas (78)
22.03%
Julio Cesar (7)
1.98%
Petr Cech (31)
8.76%
Gianluigi Buffon (31)
8.76%
Kawin Thamsatchanan :D (4)
1.13%
Manuel Neuer (42)
11.86%
Rene Adler (0)
0%
Edwin Van Der Sar (74)
20.9%
Wojciech Szczesny (13)
3.67%
Victor Valdes (8)
2.26%
Jose Manuel Reina (33)
9.32%
Igor Akinfeev (3)
0.85%
Fernando Muslera (2)
0.56%
Hugo Lloris (3)
0.85%
Joe Hart (15)
4.24%
Other - specify on this thread (10)
2.82%
Radekal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Louis.)
That's because you voted for him :fyi:
:facepalm:
skeanos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Louis.)
That's because you voted for him :fyi:
LOL... I fail so bad
Dutchman81
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Buffon is number one and has been for the last ten years. I guess all the best players play only in the Champions League and the English Premier League!
AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First is Pepe Reina in my opinion.

He's won the golden glove in 3 out of his 5 seasons at Liverpool, even during times they've been poor he's still got them a result. His distribution is also the best out of all those in the poll and he has set up Torres for goals a number of times when Torres was at Liverpool.

No bias as I support Cardiff City.
muffingg
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't say he is quite the best now but he will surely get there soon. These two performances below are surely 2 of the best goalkeeping performances in a match by any goalkeeper. The one against Porto was 3 years ago. Since then he has been playing at this level.

Radekal
Rep:
?
bump
cunningstunt87
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I voted Casillas as he's been the best keeper I have ever seen. Julio Caesar is a close second though!
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oscar Ustari is pretty good.

So is Marco Amelia.
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cech? Scheczney? Lots of Others? WTF a lot of that list are good keepers, but not top top keepers. Cech hasn't been a top keeper for about 4 years, well since his head thing. Schezney can't say either way, so how people are rating him as number 1 is hilariously arsenal-fan-esque. I voted VDS, but only because I don't watch most of them play very often. Casillas put in a great performance in one of the el classic's where he had a lot to deal with. Cesar I don't particularly rate, but just imo. Valdes I think has been known to make errors. And Neuer and Stekelenberg, I haven't even see play except CL.
jinx!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Casillas is an obvious option... Neuer is really impressive as is Maarten Stekelenburg. In the Premier League it's probably a toss up between Van der Saar or Cech.
Vintage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rorydaredking)
Cech? Scheczney? Lots of Others? WTF a lot of that list are good keepers, but not top top keepers. Cech hasn't been a top keeper for about 4 years, well since his head thing. Schezney can't say either way, so how people are rating him as number 1 is hilariously arsenal-fan-esque. I voted VDS, but only because I don't watch most of them play very often. Casillas put in a great performance in one of the el classic's where he had a lot to deal with. Cesar I don't particularly rate, but just imo. Valdes I think has been known to make errors. And Neuer and Stekelenberg, I haven't even see play except CL.
Cech has never been a good keeper imo.

Buffon is still up there just has had a very long term injury so has fell down the list by a few places.

How Van Der Sar has more votes than him is a joke.
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vintage)

Buffon is still up there just has had a very long term injury so has fell down the list by a few places.

He has made one mistake all season. Hasn't conceded away in the CL. Thats a record to be proud of.
Radekal
Rep:
?
bump
Radekal
Rep:
?
bump
Juventina
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For me it's the one and only Gigi buffon
High As A Kite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Barthez, obv
Radekal
Rep:
?
bump
TheArsenal
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I voted Neuer, it was a tough one , him or Casillas but Neuer has really impressed me..no i didn't just watch the Champions league i watch every german league game on ESPN
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jinx!)
Casillas is an obvious option... Neuer is really impressive as is Maarten Stekelenburg. In the Premier League it's probably a toss up between Van der Saar or Cech.
What, how is Cech better than Reina? In the six years Reina has been in the Premier League he has won the Golden Glove three times, it's not the greatest measurement but it's a good indication.

(Original post by Vintage)

After the Euro's (2004) and before his head injury he was arguably one of the best goalkeepers in the world, definitely the best in the Premier League imo.

And VDS has so many votes mainly due to the large amount of Mancs on this forum and the fact that he retired this season.
rugbyladosc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Enough said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed