Arsenal v Man Utd 01/05 2.05 KO, Sky Sports 1. Watch

MoMatrix
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
Van Persie clearly did so you'd expect the assistant linesman to do so.
I think it was very difficult to spot as the trajectory and pace on the ball didn't change much.Absolute stonewall penalty though.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by neillya1)
I didn't at first, but after seeing it from the linesman's angle, there's absolutely no reason he couldn't have spotted it.
No (was there?) arsenal players commented on it, so i doubt the linesman could have seen it.

It was a handball, yes. But i'm just saying.. it wasn't such an obvious one, the ball hardly moved at all and such, clearly, else the whole team would have shouted about it.
SaltyPiratePony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Louis.)
Vidic :love:
so you condone cheating? brilliant.
TheLouisVuittonDon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Refs are going to make sure United don't have to get a result against Chelsea.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We'll do what we want

We'll do what we waaaaaaannt

We're Man Utd we'll do what we want!
neillya1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
No (was there?) arsenal players commented on it, so i doubt the linesman could have seen it.

It was a handball, yes. But i'm just saying.. it wasn't such an obvious one, the ball hardly moved at all and such, clearly, else the whole team would have shouted about it.
RvP went mental at the linesman..... So he obviously saw it.

It's a linesman's job to spot things like that, this one just isn't very good at it today.
Ar5enal Fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

No, looking straight on maybe you couldn't see it, but look at the linesmans angle from the side. How did he fail to notice it? Seems like the referees are too afraid to ever give anything against Vidic.
SaltyPiratePony
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
why is rooney disputing the freekick/yellow card? clearly a push.
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SaltyPiratePony)
so you condone cheating? brilliant.
I'm stating my admiration for the best central defender in the league
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
RvP went mental at the linesman..... So he obviously saw it.

It's a linesman's job to spot things like that, this one just isn't very good at it today.
(Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
No, looking straight on maybe you couldn't see it, but look at the linesmans angle from the side. How did he fail to notice it? Seems like the referees are too afraid to ever give anything against Vidic.
And many Arsenal players were behind it and were looking at the ball and had a better position than the linesman. They didn't see it, one player shouted about it. In an example where the handball is more obvious half the team shouts about it.

All i'm saying is no use trying to 'oh well i guess the linesman doesn't want to give anything against vidic' when 90% of your team, quite a few of which had as good as view as him, on field did nothing.
francistheswole
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
arsenal are playing great, but it's obvious man u are holding back

c'mon arsenal!!
Entangled
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
Predo.

You missed the small detail where Vidic can rape and murder and blind eyes are turned.
voodoomagic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
World Cup esque handball from Vidic, que sera sera.

So far pretty predictable so far. Arsenal good play until the edge of the area and then pretty fruitless. Man utd looking more dangerous on the few times they've attacked.
Makaveli_The_Don
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What an interception by Foy :rofl2:
SaltyPiratePony
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Louis.)
I'm stating my admiration for the best central defender in the league
probably because he pretty much does everything and gets away with it, thats not the best defender, thats a fraud.
neillya1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And many Arsenal players were behind it and were looking at the ball and had a better position than the linesman. They didn't see it, one player shouted about it. In an example where the handball is more obvious half the team shouts about it.

All i'm saying is no use trying to 'oh well i guess the linesman doesn't want to give anything against vidic' when 90% of your team, quite a few of which had as good as view as him, on field did nothing.
....the players didn't have a better view of it.

The linesman had the best few.... he was right in line with it. When you see the replays from his angle, it was very, very obvious.
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

The linesman had the best few.... he was right in line with it. When you see the replays from his angle, it was very, very obvious.
No it wasn't.
neillya1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MoMatrix)
No it wasn't.
Watch the replays from the linesmans view. Not the normal TV replays. It was.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

The players were in the same area, the same box, looking at the ball (because that's what you do in football) thus, it clearly wasn't obvious else that would have all shouted about it like they do in games where it IS more obvious.

Struggling to see how players less than 2 metres away can't see it.. yet you expect a linesman a good few metres away to make a full (game changing) decision on it.
JK.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SaltyPiratePony)
why is rooney disputing the freekick/yellow card? clearly a push.
He clearly told Foy to **** off and kicked the ball away, too. What does Foy do? **** all. :sigh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.32%
No - but I will (38)
6.82%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (263)
47.22%

Watched Threads