From "hench" to more athletic Watch

Evan_K
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
Thanks, but i had a pretty bad week with my cut, long story. Im back onit though

First things first, be careful when you slot arms into your workout routine. Cos if u do bis and tris one day, theres not much else you can do the next day except legs. I suggest to do arms near the end of your workout schedule whatever it is.

For bi's i would recommend
do 3 sets od Dumbell curls on a really light weight to get a good pump in your arm. Dont do them really quick like most people do, do it in a slow and controlled way. I usually do the 12kg dumbells for 20 reps a set.

Now your arms should be pumped, and ready for whatever you throw at them.

6 sets of straight bar preacher curls (hold the bar at shoulder width)
but do a challenging weight where you can only get about 4 reps out yourself on each set, and a spotter has to help you with the other 2 reps.
So thats 6 reps on each set.
NOTE:do not lower the weight after each set unless you absolutely have to. If anything take long rests if need be, but try and do all 6 sets with the same weights, but by set 5 you may need to lower it, but NOT MORE THEN 20%.

Make sure you go all the way down in your motion, and the negatives should be pretty slow.

BY now you should be pretty tired.

Do standing close grip ez bar curls.
6 sets of 6 reps again.
use good form and do it the same way as above (challenging weight an all)

To end do 3 sets of hammer curls (if you can)

NOTE:ITS NOT THE ROUTINE THATS GONNA MAKE YOU GROW, BUT THE INTENSITY AT WHICH YOU DO IT. THE FOOD YOU EAT THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

put it this way the above routine would probably take me about 45-50mins to do. But you gotta be willing to push yourself above and beyond on every set, that would be the key to make any muscle grow, thats being stubborn and not growing.

I feel your pain mate, i had 12" arms when i started, and after the 1st two years they hardly grew at all. But when i was 19 and really started traing hard they went from about 15" to 18" in the space of 6months, where i was traing really hard and my diet was on point.

Goodluck

BTW. Whenever you finish a workout, ask yourself one thing, could i have trained harder? Are there times when i could have got out another rep or 2? And then the next time you go keep on saying this to yourself, it worked with me MAde me realise just how hard i could actually train.
Wow, cheers mate, extremely helpful post! Great advice on always training as hard as possible too.

I tried this workout today and can really feel it in my arms now, I wasn't able to get the hammer curls in though lol. And yeah genetics can be a *****, though on the bright side I still maintain a lot of muscle definition even after a dirty bulk.
B-Man.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
Well the purpose of this thread is to motivate myself to stick to a workout program, i have been slacking way too much, but i am once again motivated for gym.

I'm tired of reading all the can i lose or tone without gym blah blah threads.

So this is me proving you can get into good shape with mininmal gym.

The pics attached are of me TODAY

For the next 8 weeks, i will be training in gym 4 times a week (1.5 hours weights + 0.5 hours extreme cardio)

but i will try my hardest to stick to a low calorie diet, with ZERO cheat days

carbs at approx 150grams
protein 200g
fat 25g

(i am not going to make this too complicated)

but i believe just the diet alone should help me have a really good 6 pack in 8 weeks.

I will try to upload new pics every few days.

If anyone else wants to join in feel free and we can all help each other and make this the ultimate 6 pack thread.

EDIT: JUST TOOK 2 MORE PICS TODAY (DAY 3) MAINLY TO PROVE IM NOT A TROLL, HARDLY ANY DIFFERENCE YET PROGRESS WISE
Woah! Your initial picture is exactly the type of physique I am aiming for. Can you tell me your diet and workout routine, will give rep
wikey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by B-Man.)
Woah! Your initial picture is exactly the type of physique I am aiming for. Can you tell me your diet and workout routine, will give rep
first of all dont really care about the rep :rolleyes:

it would take ages to write up:

but ill just summarize it for you,

in terms of your workouts, just stick to compound movements in the 6-8 rep range.
by compound i mean.....stuff like barbell bench press (dont do dumbells)
only use dumbells for flyes.
for back, do barbell rows, t bar rows, lat pull down etc
fot tris...skull crushers, straight bar cable push downs, dips etc..

but train as hard as you can, you should be doing about 2 forced reps per set

diet wise:
have at least 200g of oats a day (before)
and mix 50grams in with a shake after gym

try an have 200 - 250 grams of protein a day, with at least 150grams coming from food not shakes.

but overall try an keep calories high, but not to high, so that your getting really fat...

if you write up a workout routine and diet following these guide lines, ill check it out for you and tell you how you could improve it, or if i think its good enough.
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Evan_K)
Wow, cheers mate, extremely helpful post! Great advice on always training as hard as possible too.

I tried this workout today and can really feel it in my arms now, I wasn't able to get the hammer curls in though lol. And yeah genetics can be a *****, though on the bright side I still maintain a lot of muscle definition even after a dirty bulk.
what size are your arms at now?
DDS
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mate, you have got the perfect build. ( no homo)
rolldeep786
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
Well the purpose of this thread is to motivate myself to stick to a workout program, i have been slacking way too much, but i am once again motivated for gym.

For the next 8 weeks, i will be training in gym 4 times a week (1.5 hours weights + 0.5 hours extreme cardio)

carbs at approx 150grams
protein 200g
fat 25g

but i believe just the diet alone should help me have a really good 6 pack in 8 weeks.

If anyone else wants to join in feel free and we can all help each other and make this the ultimate 6 pack thread.

EDIT: JUST TOOK 2 MORE PICS TODAY (DAY 3) MAINLY TO PROVE IM NOT A TROLL, HARDLY ANY DIFFERENCE YET PROGRESS WISE
Bruv, i need to eat what you're eating, you're effing massive! (no homo) how the hell do you get an intake in 200g of protein? what do you eat?
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by DDS)
Mate, you have got the perfect build. ( no homo)
Haha i wish mate, dont know if your taking the mick :confused:

(Original post by rolldeep786)
Bruv, i need to eat what you're eating, you're effing massive! (no homo) how the hell do you get an intake in 200g of protein? what do you eat?
usually tuna or chicken, and its not that hard really.

steaks are nice and soy burgers....
wikey
Rep:
?
update: So now after pretty much gaining all the weight back that i lost, im back onit and more determined then ever.
Kinda had a bad week, of going out, not going gym much, and eating unhealthy.

But the worse part is, other factors.

Since i started training, i always found it easy to eat right, and train really hard. The hard part was dealing with stress.
Like this week, i was really confused about alot of things, and it just got the better of me.
Most of its like things i could have done better, or more correctly things i should have done.

Anyhow it always gets the better of me, and when im feeling down, i never feel like going gym or eating healthy.

Anyone else like this, or got any tips on how to not let it affect my training??

doubt anyone will reply, but its worth a shot.... (if u say sumthn good will give +rep :rolleyes:
B-Man.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
update: So now after pretty much gaining all the weight back that i lost, im back onit and more determined then ever.

Since i started training, i always found it easy to eat right, and train really hard. The hard part was dealing with stress.
Like this week, i was really confused about alot of things, and it just got the better of me.
Most of its like things i could have done better, or more correctly things i should have done.

Anyhow it always gets the better of me, and when im feeling down, i never feel like going gym or eating healthy.

Anyone else like this, or got any tips on how to not let it affect my training??

doubt anyone will reply, but its worth a shot.... (if u say sumthn good will give +rep :rolleyes:
I don't know the seriousness of what is stressing you out, so I am not sure what advice to give here. However, here are a couple of things that I normally do to relieve myself of stress. Just trying to blank out all my thoughts whilst taking long breaths, and listening to a certain song can help relax me as long as the problem isn't too serious. A better way is to have friends around me (as long as they are unaware of the problem). Friends can help you forget about problems, mainly because they tell you about theirs and whatever other things are going on in your friend’s circles. Perhaps invite some friends around to train with you. This last one is going to sound bad, but looking at or just thinking of people far worse off than me can help put things in perspective. I'm not that starving kid in the third world, watching my father's limbs getting chopped off while he screams in agony and my mother getting raped by 10 soldiers all because my family couldn’t afford to pay for protection this month. How are you going to sit there at home stressing and feeling sorry for yourself when you don’t even know what pain is? Your life is ****ing great in comparison to what it could have been.
malaikah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)

I don't care about the rep
Anyway, it all works psychologically for me. I tend to imagine how guilty I'd feel the next day if I hadn't worked out, and considering I've got exams coming up and am worried about those, I don't think I could stand more worry or guilt!
The other thing that works well is telling people about what you're doing (I hate failing when others are aware of what I'm *meant* to be doing), I literally tell my cousin to ask me whether I've worked out and yell at me really, really badly if I don't...
wikey
Rep:
?
so now i sorted all my crap out, im going hardcore again. I'm still going for having a 6pack by july 1st , should be easy. I reckon 5 weeks now hardcore, all i really need to lose is a little bit, a few pounds of fat at most.

Going to make sure i do my 4 days a week of gym no matter what.

Time to start watching pumping iron again, to give myself extra motivation.
Wedge Chef
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
them there steroids...

You on that joocy time brah?
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wedge Chef)
them there steroids...

You on that joocy time brah?
ur obviously a rookie if you think im on stedz
'bob'
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)

carbs at approx 150grams
protein 200g
fat 25g

EDIT 2: PIC 5 AND PIC 6 ARE ROUGHLY DAY 11 OR DAY 12, BUT AFTER THAT, I KINDA MESSED UP ON GYM AND DIET FOR ABOUT A WEEK (LONG STORY BRAH). i WAS SLOWLY GETTING BETTER....BUT ILL TRY AND UP SOME MORE IN 2 WEEKS WHICH SHOW ALOT MORE DIFFERENCE
lol 8 weeks eh? Consistency's a ***** ain't she hehe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads