Why do girls always expect the guy to do all the talking on a date? Watch

Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cicerao)
Maybe you're just boring as ****.
He is boring yet he is the one talking all the time and they say nothing?
Wow, you need to think a bit more before posting your *****y replies.
ALZ-93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i like how most of the girls on this thread start off with "I'm a girl".
dipless
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Must be honest I've never really had a problem getting a good 2 way conversation going, just listen to what she is responding to and build on that if you are finding it hard... I have only ever been on 1 date where all she gave was yes no answers.... think I was just not her type... oh well, but this was the longest hour of my life, but in the end I just said I think this is a waste of both our time and left
the realist
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think the pressure the op feels to talk is coming from himself and not the girls.....think of it as a test bro. Everything a test. Sit in silence for a while behaving completely natural and comfortable, if you allow this they will start to think THEY are the ones who need to talk to impress. Better yet make a comment that makes them feel the need to qualify themselves to you. The science is there you just gotta research it, learn some game bro. Sounds like a risk, but only when you are happy to walk away from the girl with nothing will you start to succeed.

It's all about instilling a sense of your high value to your target.

Think of it like a game of poker rigged in your favour because their is none of your money on the line, only pussy and totally imaginary ego chips/points. No need to be cautious about raising or calling All-in. Hard to explain but you have to call the bluffs and never be pressured into behaving unnaturally. No benefit in playing it "safe" or acting to please.
SportingCP
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by the realist)
I think the pressure the op feels to talk is coming from himself and not the girls.....think of it as a test bro. Everything a test. Sit in silence for a while behaving completely natural and comfortable, if you allow this they will start to think THEY are the ones who need to talk to impress. Better yet make a comment that makes them feel the need to qualify themselves to you. The science is there you just gotta research it, learn some game bro. Sounds like a risk, but only when you are happy to walk away from the girl with nothing will you start to succeed.

It's all about instilling a sense of your high value to your target.

Think of it like a game of poker rigged in your favour because their is none of your money on the line, only pussy and totally imaginary ego chips/points. No need to be cautious about raising or calling All-in. Hard to explain but you have to call the bluffs and never be pressured into behaving unnaturally. No benefit in playing it "safe" or acting to please.

enough said :hat2:
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AdamR89)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't getting to know someone a "two way thing"...? Maybe I'm picking the wrong girls, but the last two dates I went on, I had to talk a lot and make conversation, otherwise they would've just sat there in silence all night. At times they asked me questions, but not often. I felt really awkward to be honest, and I really wanted to get up, say "f--k this, i'm out" and walk out, but I didn't because I was being polite. Anyway, needless to say I didn't contact them again.
So girls, why are you such hard work on a date? Why can't you make it easier by actually talking and getting to know the guy as well?
I think it may be just the girls your picking, or is it just that you create the need to talk yourself so they can't get word in edgeways. Are they really comfortable, I can be really quiet and untalkative if I am in an uncomfortable situation try and really put them at ease, rather than just talking, ask them lots of questions. On the other hand they may just be shy.
darlingsaidyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No way... not in my case. On our first date there were some silences, but hardly awkward ones. I think I did more talking than him tbh but it might have been because we were friends first from work or we'd stayed up for hours chatting before the first date... So maybe my circumstances are different :dontknow:
Climbontoyourseahorse
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm amazed this point hasn't come up yet because it seems to be the standard response to most questions on TSR:

Maybe she's just not that into you?
the realist
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Girl: How dare you make this easy and objective assesment of your dates..... TRY HARDER YOU BORING DWEEB

The message: Shut Up and be a better beta, you got dates to pay for!!!
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
He is boring yet he is the one talking all the time and they say nothing?
Wow, you need to think a bit more before posting your *****y replies.
Yes, just like your rambling Aunt Marge who goes on and on and on and on and nobody else knows what to say. She MUST be interesting, 'cause she says loads!

Quality over quantity, dear.
Dude Where's My Username
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do you put them on a pedestal in the name of politeness???? If that was me, I'd be straight up "you ****ing suck you massive bore off :lolwut: You can pay the bill. I'm off".

Although its more likely they just didn't fancy you. Walk out mid meal next time boss
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cicerao)
Yes, just like your rambling Aunt Marge who goes on and on and on and on and nobody else knows what to say. She MUST be interesting, 'cause she says loads!

Quality over quantity, dear.
Not when the quantity is zero.
If you are not going to have a two way conversation, then what else are you going to do on a date? Sit and stare at each other like brain dead morons?
If the girl though he was talking to much then why did she not interject and move the conversation so she could talk? Probably because she is socially inept and/or boring.

Why I say this is because I have come across it numerous times. You go out with a girl or something similar and they say nothing. The best response from them will be 2 words.
If you can't make conversation about who you are, what you are doing, or what you want to be, then you are really dull or need to see shrink.
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My bf says on our first couple of dates, I didn't speak much but it was more that he just wouldn't shut up Although that's because our first date conversation was more trying to recall the night that we met and he remembered more than me ...
FirstDiscovery
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Firstly, i feel you can get any girl to be into you, so no, its not because she isnt into you, but more because your self-esteem means you feel below her and that you need to entertain her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads