How the British Royal Family earns YOU £2.60 every year Watch

joe3469
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by OdinsThunder)
lol, or just working hard.

If these people and their labour are so great they can go and setup their own business, the lazy ****s.

Communists... laziest scum on the earth.
I wouldn't say I'm a communist, at least not by the modern meaning of the term.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For £2.60 I can purchase a sausage in batter,chip roll, and a savaloy from me local chipper.

Why are the royals leading us to a life of obesity?
f00ddude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thisismycatch22)
The Windsors do not own the royal estates. This is a delusion. The land belongs to the Sovereign. It is not the private property of the person acting as Sovereign. If we became a republic it would belong to the state.
no its owned by them
think about it like this, you parents die (hopefully not but u'know) and leave you their house, you now own this house, this is the same as what happens to the royals, they pass down all their assets
it is in the sovereigns name, but thats exactly the same, if i said tsr is owned by thisismycatch22, you own it, you pass the name on, the other person owns it and so on
if your username was deleted, the person in ownership of it at the time keeps ownership of tsr

im pretty sure its actually in the royal families ownership rather than the sovereign, but im too tired to look it up but the end result is the same
edit: just looked it up, its in the royals name "the crown" and therefore refers to whoever is king/queen
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tesphena)
Lots of people inherit. You can't just take their property from them.
But they pay inheritance tax.

The royals don't.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thisismycatch22)
Yes, they have done the research. And if people don't come here for the weather, they're certainly not coming for the Royals either.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-visitors.html
According to the article [thanks, btw, I'm clearly much too lazy this morning] some do and some don't... And as they said it's tourists from China who do [and they *generalisation alert* tend to come with bucket loads of money] then it's still not a bad thing.

And everybody still said they were a reason for coming, even if they're not the top one.
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Boom Boom Pow)
It's not like the royal family do things in excess. Now if the queen started using tax payers money to buy male strippers and have a fleet of super cars just for the lulz, then I would have a problem.
How much did the wedding cost?

How much does their 24 hr security cost?

They have a fleet of Rolls Royces, no strippers though
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
People hate them because they are born into wealth while they aren't. People hate them because they're jealous. People don't care how much they cost or how much benefit they bring to the UK.
I don't see nearly as many people being anti Richard Branson or Alan Sugar...because those guys earned their money.
OdinsThunder
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joe3469)
I wouldn't say I'm a communist, at least not by the modern meaning of the term.
Some variety of Marxist I'm sure.
joe3469
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by OdinsThunder)
Some variety of Marxist I'm sure.
Marx was alright but Bakunin and Kropotkin were better...
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by No Future)

And you don't think a President [or whatever their title may be] wouldn't need protection 24/7? That their family wouldn't also require protection? The security costs wouldn't change that dramatically, if at all. I'd guarantee you the US Secret Service - even just the PPD - costs far far more.

The Rolls are theirs. In some cases, donated by the company. Would you turn down a free gift?

Even if the Royal Family had nothing to do with the UK in terms of leadership/being at the top, unless you actively exiled the lot of them from the UK they'd still be here and celebrity culture would still follow them. In the event of a wedding on the scale we've just seen [which almost definitely won't happen again for decades anyway] you'd still get the same media circus, the same policing costs.... It wouldn't change anything.
f00ddude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But they pay inheritance tax.

The royals don't.
because the land isnt private property, they give the public access and the profits go to the government anyways
you can't put a value on the land due to this, and therefore tax can't be paid
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't see nearly as many people being anti Richard Branson or Alan Sugar...because those guys earned their money.
You need to talk to joe3469 more, he dislikes anyone who makes a profit. And he's not the only one out there, worryingly.
lilam
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If the monarchy were removed, have you guys actually thought about what exactly would replace that void? I mean, I've seen the way your politicians or lords or what not fight in parliament. Is that really what you wish to govern you? What exactly will be the stabilizing factor that unites the nation once the monarchy is gone? Not only unite, but also places a sense of order and decorum to those rowdy politicians.
f00ddude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

the wedding cost us nothing at all other than security which was more in the interest of the general public viewing the event than them!

their security, less than when foreign diplomats come here
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)

We have Brighton Beach and a few breweries. But we also have a curiousity. A fascinator, if you will. Something that's a bit unique and special. Certainly more special than a few pebbles pretending to be a beach, anyway...
Brighton? LOL

Pretty sure London and Edinburgh are much bigger tourist attractions

The UK isn't famous for being a beach destination, duh.
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

The Wedding was paid for by the Royals. The security - the vast majority of which was because the public wanted to go (if the public wasn't interested all they'd need is a small team of police around the procession - not thousands lining the route) - so it's the people who attended who are responsible for the costs we incurred on security - not the Royals.

Quite a bit probably, but just like everyone else, they are entitled to security. If you were vulnerable to a constant threat of attack, you too would be provided with security.

I'd guess it's more to do with their status as unelected head of state as opposed to "not earning the money".

France has the Cote d'Azur and [arguably] the world's best and most famous vineyards...

We have Brighton Beach and a few breweries. But we also have a curiousity. A fascinator, if you will. Something that's a bit unique and special. Certainly more special than a few pebbles pretending to be a beach, anyway...
Brighton beach and a few breweries isn't the best the UK has to offer tourists, and I'm sure you know that very well. For a start, there are dozens of better beaches (the Kent coast near where I live, for example, was designated one of the top 11 places to visit in the world by a famous travel group this year).
Fumblenuts91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't wait until the wedding is far enough in the past that these threads can just die.

No-one is going to change their mind about the royals because of this site.
joe3469
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You need to talk to joe3469 more, he dislikes anyone who makes a profit. And he's not the only one out there, worryingly.
Wow... I'd like to see a radically different economic system free from coercion, indeed how worrying it is some people would like a better and fairer world.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Brighton? LOL

Pretty sure London and Edinburgh are much bigger tourist attractions

The UK isn't famous for being a beach destination, duh.
:rolleyes: That was exactly my point...

What is the UK famous for around the world... The Queen. Ok, I freely admit that might not be why they come here... but it is what they know.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joe3469)
Wow... I'd like to see a radically different economic system free from coercion, indeed how worrying it is some people would like a better and fairer world.
Fairer? Debatable, but I see your point.

Better? Almost definitely not.

Human endeavour is driven by striving to be better. Survival of the fittest?

Eliminate that forwards surge to be betetr and survive and what are we left with? Stagnation and pointlessness.

Imagine if that first caveman had thought "well... I'd like to see what's outside my cave, but it might be mean of me..."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads