Report 7 years ago
That'd be very selfish
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kuroshokora)
Dude, if you can get away with it, do it. The opportunity to acquire an incredibly rare book that will give you a lot of pleasure for a very low price? I'd do it. It isn't theft if you pay what they ask as compensation, and if that's only six quid, then go for it.
Why are you trying to justify it? This is still theft. If you took something from a shop and then went back the next day to pay, you'd still have stolen it in the first place!
Angela_Beth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
It's £700-odd vs £6.
That's a lot of money. But it'd mean a lot more to you if you actually put in the effort and saved up for it.
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Angela_Beth)
That's a lot of money. But it'd mean a lot more to you if you actually put in the effort and saved up for it.
Oh I have the money, I just balk at paying that much for a book.
Slumpy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh I have the money, I just balk at paying that much for a book.
A book which you 'can't imagine living without'?
PlasticBag
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its theft plain and simple. If your caught your liable for a criminal conviction, a jail term and public humilliation at the hands of tsr.
'Will'
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
TheSownRose

Has your hand-in been due yet? I am intrigued to know what decision you made so this is the granddaddy of all dilemmas.
Bobbler
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it
senator88
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I currently have a book from my local county library that I really like. It's rare, it's the only copy at the library, it's taken me two years on the waiting list to get it and it's out of print now - I can't buy it anywhere for less than a ridiculous sum of money.

If you lose a book, the county library service charge you the RRP that's printed on the book. The RRP on this book if £5.99. I'm considering saying that I've lost it, paying the £6 and getting to keep this amazing, rare book. Should I or not?
Can I ask, why is it so rare? and so good? And what is it about ?
jetsetgirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Curious to know what OP did. I can definitely see why it's a dilemma (especially being a fellow bookworm :love:).
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jetsetgirl)
Curious to know what OP did. I can definitely see why it's a dilemma (especially being a fellow bookworm :love:).
You mean a fellow thief? :curious:

I love reading but this would never be a problem for me... of course I might be jealous but I would save up and buy the book if I was that bothered!
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by senator88)
Can I ask, why is it so rare? and so good? And what is it about ?
I have no idea why it's so rare, but a lot of you will be happy to know it's back in the hands of the library after a rather lengthy appointment with my photocopier.
senator88
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have no idea why it's so rare, but a lot of you will be happy to know it's back in the hands of the library after a rather lengthy appointment with my photocopier.
hahah. probs the right thing to do and you can read it all the time! so, you gonna upload it to the net..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads