A2 AQA Sociology Revision. Watch

This discussion is closed.
JackT180
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Irishmonkey1992)
100%!? My god, what did you do exactly the night before? Have you got a photographic memory or something?

What did you get in Mass Media? I am taking Mass Media alongside my Crime & Deviance repeat, it is extremely difficult There is just sooooo much to learn in Crime & Deviance theory, never mind research methods or the entire theory for Mass Media!

Also, what exam technique are you referring to? lol
Well i spent around 4-5 hours the night before reading through my notes, and then about 2 hours before the exam i revised. To be fair, a lot of credit goes to my teacher as he basically made us a set of revision handouts and said learn these word for word and you'll get 100%. So thats what i did and fair enough thats what i ended up with, on education as well as family.

This year, as you say there is a lot to know for Crime and Deviance so I have revised that already and just making sure i know it all. Either way the exam isnt that hard, as long as you know everything it's not hard to apply to the possible questions so just make sure you know it all before the exam :P
EmilyBrown
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I bet your teacher is rob webb haha. Any ideas pal on what your teacher reckons the questions are gonna be?? Any suggestions?
Jordenfruitbat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
I make these for each exam and using these solely, I haven't got less than 96% :P
Thanks so much so useful! There is actually way to much to remember though I hate this exam
iheartmondays
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
No problem, glad I could help!
helppp!! unit 3 and 4 beliefs/crime!!!!!!!!!! helpppppppppppppppppppp
golddust&lipgloss
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
is anybody doing the stratification section?
MUJ17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have to learn both these units...from scratch...as well as 3 other modules from other subjects...and I still haven't started....FML!

Last minute cramming it is...
Kate5tar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anyone got any tips for what might come up in SCY3 - beliefs in society? Please qoute me :P
torilou10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lasuil)
anyone got any tips for what might come up in SCY3 - beliefs in society? Please qoute me :P
Same please, soooo worried
Lucy-Mc
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Any idea what questions might come up in beliefs in society? So worried about the exam tomorrow, have done hardly any revision! Does anyone know the questions from the January exam?
torilou10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lucy-Mc)
Any idea what questions might come up in beliefs in society? So worried about the exam tomorrow, have done hardly any revision! Does anyone know the questions from the January exam?
I asked this on another thread (questions on January exam) and received the answer that the 33 markers were on social change and social stability, and ethnicity and that there was another question on Churches and NRMs.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
Kate5tar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well the paper was so freaking hard. I wrote the same amount for the 18 marker as I did for the 33, and the first question totally stumped me. Think self-teaching was a bad idea!
So glad it doesn't count towards my university application since i already got a place
torilou10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well the paper was so freaking hard. I wrote the same amount for the 18 marker as I did for the 33, and the first question totally stumped me. Think self-teaching was a bad idea!
So glad it doesn't count towards my university application since i already got a place
Are you self-teaching yourself any other subjects? Did you just use textbooks for Sociology?
Kate5tar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by torilou10)
Are you self-teaching yourself any other subjects? Did you just use textbooks for Sociology?
just A2 sociology. I just used textbooks, yes. not looking forqard to crime and deviance on monday
torilou10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
just A2 sociology. I just used textbooks, yes. not looking forqard to crime and deviance on monday
Same I'm only now able to look through everything properly and there is so much with such little time left. No idea how I'm going to revise it all!
Kate5tar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
haha, who else reckons they'll have got less than 15/33 on the theory and methods question>? xD
Jordenfruitbat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
haha, who else reckons they'll have got less than 15/33 on the theory and methods question>? xD
I think I got like 10 haha
Kate5tar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jordenfruitbat)
I think I got like 10 haha
i just had a rant for like a page and literally wrote "I don't know how to answer this adequately" on my answer paper xD glad my grade doesn't matter!
Jordenfruitbat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i just had a rant for like a page and literally wrote "I don't know how to answer this adequately" on my answer paper xD glad my grade doesn't matter!
hahha I just ranted for like 3 pages none of it made sense I wish my grade didnt matter :eek:
ndubz4lyf
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I make these for each exam and using these solely, I haven't got less than 96% :P
i love these there great but im having trouble translating some of your abreviations such as PM /vc/ms/ac
could you translate please
Noodlzzz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ndubz4lyf)
i love these there great but im having trouble translating some of your abreviations such as PM /vc/ms/ac
could you translate please
pm = post modernism
vc= value consenus
ms = mainstream

ac? can you give an example?

Sorry, didn't make these particularly user friendly :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed