Leo*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bethanycaddy)
job
hopefully in Engineering
Well If you're looking to go in to Engineering you're going to need your Maths and Physics

Have you looked at taking a BTEC in Engineering?
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're not stupid, don't worry - most of the people on TSR tend to be quite academic so in comparison people with slightly lower grades look bad.
bethanycaddy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by lawology)
I don't think it's fair for you to judge people for their grades any more than it's fair for them to judge you on yours. YES some people on here get upset if they don't get all A's and A* but ultimately, it's all relative to the grades you need. I'd be very upset if I got AAB in my A levels - not because those are bad grades but rather because thats what I need to get into my university.

Similarly, I have friends who have offers from BBB universities and they'll feel the same way if they get BBC. A levels are just the hoops you have to jump through to get into university/the next stage of life, so if I get anything less than what I need, I won't be upset that I've got a B in something, I'll be upset that I've fallen short of the hoop that I've set myself and ultimately not have done the best that I feel I can.
see. this is what i'm on about.
if you need it &don't get it i feel really bad for you.
but if you don't need it you just want it to rub it in that you got better then other people THAT annoys me.
i see lot's of thread rubbing it in.
this is why i started this.
threads like "i was 5A*s just to prove that i'm better then my sister"

that makes me angry.

i want to make sure you know that i'm happy for the people going. jealous abit yeah. i'd love to be clever enough to get into places like that

but when people rub it in that there better then people THAT annoys me :/
Bslforever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
People with all As are 'real' people too. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean that no-one else should be able to.

Each of us have our own standards because each of us have different natural abilities. If you need to get 3 As to get into the course you want to do and you feel you are capable of that, but mess up and end up with AAB, you have still 'failed'. The grades you got were fantastic, but not good enough for what you needed - hence the 'fail'.

What we class as good and bad is a very personal thing based on what we think we should be able to do. The simple fact is some people are going to be better than you at academics and will see getting the same grades as you as failure. Other people are going to be worse than you at academics and will see getting the same grades as you as a dream come true. That is just the way life is.

So don't get upset, the more academic people just have higher standards for themselves because they feel that they should be achieving better. You just need to set realistic goals for yourself, realise what you are capable of achieving and work towards making the best of whatever abilities you have.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
You're not stupid, don't worry - most of the people on TSR tend to be quite academic so in comparison people with slightly lower grades look bad.
thanks
yeah they are ://
Asterix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm not going to a "real" uni this year because i procrastinated too long with my applications, and like you it was uni or out of the house so i got my parents to accept that i'd do a year learning a language and figuring out what i wanted to do and study. it allows you to slowly get used to uni work, with the social life, without the stress of failing a couse and loosing a year, or starting a course and realizing its not what you want to do... its basically a half/half, but with only the good halves. plus, it looks good on a CV
try something like that maybe? good luck.
Arcanine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bethanycaddy)
i'm telling the truth &if you don't like that why are you still commenting?
you could leave.

because i don't get the work, even when i ask for help &do revision&do papers etc &that's MY fault?

i'm trying
it's not easy for everyone
Aww, you're trying? Well try ****ing harder then, you soft, annoying, whining bint.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bslforever)
People with all As are 'real' people too. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean that no-one else should be able to.

Each of us have our own standards because each of us have different natural abilities. If you need to get 3 As to get into the course you want to do and you feel you are capable of that, but mess up and end up with AAB, you have still 'failed'. The grades you got were fantastic, but not good enough for what you needed - hence the 'fail'.

What we class as good and bad is a very personal thing based on what we think we should be able to do. The simple fact is some people are going to be better than you at academics and will see getting the same grades as you as failure. Other people are going to be worse than you at academics and will see getting the same grades as you as a dream come true. That is just the way life is.

So don't get upset, the more academic people just have higher standards for themselves because they feel that they should be achieving better. You just need to set realistic goals for yourself, realise what you are capable of achieving and work towards making the best of whatever abilities you have.
see i think i might get a CDD if i'm lucky
that's why people who complain about As annoy me :/

they are real i know
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Asterix)
i'm not going to a "real" uni this year because i procrastinated too long with my applications, and like you it was uni or out of the house so i got my parents to accept that i'd do a year learning a language and figuring out what i wanted to do and study. it allows you to slowly get used to uni work, with the social life, without the stress of failing a couse and loosing a year, or starting a course and realizing its not what you want to do... its basically a half/half, but with only the good halves. plus, it looks good on a CV
try something like that maybe? good luck.
that actually sounds like a good idea! (:

i might try this!
thankyou

goodluck to you also!
Philbert
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Judging by the number of troll posts, this forum is clearly not just for extremely intelligent people.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leo*)
Well If you're looking to go in to Engineering you're going to need your Maths and Physics

Have you looked at taking a BTEC in Engineering?
i wanted to do one but my school &most of the others don't offer this course
which is annoying >_<

&the ones that do offer the course don't allow me to do business at the same time, which i'm actually good at
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Philbert)
Judging by the number of troll posts, this forum is clearly not just for extremely intelligent people.
what do you mean?

if you're taking the piss out of my spelling&grammar like everyone else please don't bother.
i'm typing fast&tbh i can't be arsed to make sure my writing satisfies the people of tsr.. :/
dolmio
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
with a bit of hard work and determination, you can go where you want to go OP. I know it's not all about going to a top university but if that's what you want to do, make sure you work hard so that you can do that.

I'm one of those examples - I got BCCD at AS with no revision cos I was a stupid lazy 'tard in my AS year, and now I've re-taken some exams and worked my ass off for them. I'm now going into my final A2 exams with AAB at AS and got some really good offers considering I was in such a bad position last year - I just made sure I worked hard and now I'm in the fortunate position of having Durham as a firm and York as insurance
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by dolmio)
with a bit of hard work and determination, you can go where you want to go OP. I know it's not all about going to a top university but if that's what you want to do, make sure you work hard so that you can do that.

I'm one of those examples - I got BCCD at AS with no revision cos I was a stupid lazy 'tard in my AS year, and now I've re-taken some exams and worked my ass off for them. I'm now going into my final A2 exams with AAB at AS and got some really good offers considering I was in such a bad position last year - I just made sure I worked hard and now I'm in the fortunate position of having Durham as a firm and York as insurance
jeeeez!
well done!

i just need the motivation to work
i resat my business exam and went from a C+ to a A- (:

which i'm happy about
i'd like a better Maths mark
hopefully my D1 result will bring up my results

i'm actually going to work harder for my resits &fingers crossed i do better
RabbitCFH
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol retard

Seriously though, you presented your arguments in quite a retarded way.
Casshern1456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just do the best you can in school use the resources it provides learn the specification and practice, use past papers. Do the best you can and at least you've tried.
Asterix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm sure you've probs tried this, but you said your mum wants you to do engineering and you want to do buisness, try using what you've learnt in buisness (this is hypothethical, i'm basing myself on stereotypes) and make some sort of 'presentation' as to why buisness would be better for you. if its what you want to do, dont follow you're mums projection of herself onto you, its your life now.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by RabbitCFH)
lol retard

Seriously though, you presented your arguments in quite a retarded way.
i know i did.
sorry.
ch0llima
Report 7 years ago
TSR has a tragic and deleterious Oxbridge fetish. Oh, that and you're a failure if you choose any career path other than banking or medicine

Just learn to ignore it and be proud of what you have and what you've achieved. If it makes you feel better, most other people on TSR can't be bothered with the Oxbridge ego stroking either.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ch0llima)
TSR has a tragic and deleterious Oxbridge fetish. Oh, that and you're a failure if you choose any career path other than banking or medicine

Just learn to ignore it and be proud of what you have and what you've achieved. If it makes you feel better, most other people on TSR can't be bothered with the Oxbridge ego stroking either.
this is one of my main arguements thankyou for re-inforcing it!

it does doesn't it! ://

sorry i cant get 5A*s and be a doctor at Oxford
now please stop ripping the piss out of me..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.66%
No - but I will (46)
6.69%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (325)
47.24%

Watched Threads