Banning Gay Kissing on TV Watch

Craig_D
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If this were true I'd think a lot less of him, however I don't think it is. There's nobody's word but the Sun's, you'd think that a serious policy suggestion would have more behind it than that.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So we've established that there is no actual basis for the claims made here.

Carry on as normal, people.
Ayshizzle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
But you have absolutely nothing to base your beliefs upon, whereas the Bible is the greatest source of good that the world has ever seen. Atheists can't use that argument, and I have not personally attacked anyone; I'm trying to help people by spreading the teachings of Christ.
The Harry Potter books are decent works of fiction. I might start worshipping the teachings of Dumbledore.

WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
I can't see the justification for the policy tbh... other than a hysterical "Won't somebody please think of the children?"
You think that child kissing should be shown pre-watershed?:eek::eek::eek:
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Possibly because you blindly assert that everything the bible says must be true?
Better than the people on here who seem to believe that everything the internet says must be true...
ch252525
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
The majority of Brits are Christian. That's a fact. You're lying through gritted teeth just like any other atheist, because you know you don't have the answers.
Thank you God_X for your sheer amazing generalization.
First of all, you fail to be a good Christian.
1. "...You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above," Did God allow you to use his name in your username?

2. You acted like you are superior than all the non-believers but bible told us we are all equal in God's eyes (God created man in his own image). Your way of preaching is not helpful at all and made everyone thinks all Christians are jerks. You didn't live with the spirit of Christianity.

Romans 11:20 True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Don't be conceited, but fear
3. You're homophobic. You should love your neighbour whoever they are. Telling them they're going to hell doesn't help.

4. you are not God. you are not the one who judge others on judgement day.
Matthew 7:1 New American Standard Bible
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged.

Next, even all the British people believe in God doesn't make God real. For instance Sam is the smartest guy in human's history, he points to the question "1+1" and says the answer is "3". Everyone believes him. But it doesn't make what he said right.

Saying because bible is a holy book filled with words from God. God is real. Is fundamentally flawed. It is also flawed the other way round.

If you assert both statement at the same time, it would be an invalid circular argument.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Better than the people on here who seem to believe that everything the internet says must be true...
Do I detect a note of hostility in your post?
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ch252525)
Thank you God_X for your sheer amazing generalization.
First of all, you fail to be a good Christian.
1. "...You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above," Did God allow you to use his name in your username?

2. You acted like you are superior than all the non-believers but bible told us we are all equal in God's eyes (God created man in his own image). Your way of preaching is not helpful at all and made everyone thinks all Christians are jerks. You didn't live with the spirit of Christianity.

3. You're homophobic. You should love your neighbour whoever they are. Telling them they're going to hell doesn't help.

4. you are not God. you are not the one who judge others on judgement day.

Next, even all the British people believe in God doesn't make God real. For instance Sam is the smartest guy in human's history, he points to the question "1+1" and says the answer is "3". Everyone believes him. But it doesn't make what he said right.

Saying because bible is a holy book filled with words from God. God is real. Is fundamentally flawed. It is also flawed the other way round.

If you assert both statement at the same time, it would be an invalid circular argument.
Trolled!
leavemebehind
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hope this flippin happens, dont wanna see that type of affection on my screen thanks. media is trying to corrupt our minds into accepting this disgusting foul behaviour. L O L
ch252525
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
Trolled!
why?:confused:

how to define 'trolling'?
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ch252525)
why?:confused:

how to define 'trolling'?
:rolleyes:

Your post is nearly as absurd as the ones you were replying to by God_x.
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eljamaispa)
David Cameron and the conservative party are a bunch of bigoted, homophobic ******s. They can get lost. I want my children to grow up not having to ask why same-sex kisses are only on after 9pm, I then having to explain that our government is closed-minded, prejudiced and doesn't know the 1st century from the 21st. Total BS.
:rofl:

And you're a bigoted, classist poor-o.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
Do I detect a note of hostility in your post?
More a symphony than a note.

(Original post by Elwyn)
To all the religous people spreading their usual rubbish. If you want to live your lives according to those teachings then fine, but why should we athiests live our lives according to rules set by some being who we don't beleive in?
Do you actually want to know, or is that question just rhetorical? Because to me, the answer seems fairly obvious, despite how unpalatable it may be to you.

Most religions attempt to establish a moral code, not just some rules for followers. When it becomes a moral issue, then naturally it is a person's inclinations to enforce others to live by his morals to one degree or another.
JGR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
But you have absolutely nothing to base your beliefs upon, whereas the Bible is the greatest source of good that the world has ever seen. Atheists can't use that argument, and I have not personally attacked anyone; I'm trying to help people by spreading the teachings of Christ.
Wow. I actually started laughing.
The bible is a fiction novel, and not a very helpful one at that, having caused various wars and delayed the progress of humanity.
The sooner it's gone the better.

As for the topic, Dave is much too clever to say/propose something as stupid as this. It's just tabloid trash for the sun readers and/or labour voters.
jimi191
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think the eu would put him in his place.

quote from a mep sarah ludford on a similar issue

"A law which bans 'promotion' of homosexuality could collide head-on with EU law on equal employment rights. On the wider human rights front, it would inhibit proper sex and citizenship education, have a chilling effect on free speech in the media, arts, and political activity and be a pretext to ban gay pride marches."

i know the thatcher camp were able to get around this for the infamous Section 28 but hopefully that wont happen again
Jacktri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No straight male wants to see two guys kissing.
moonkatt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Craig_D)
There's nobody's word but the Sun's, you'd think that a serious policy suggestion would have more behind it than that.
The gay kiss business was in a dm headline of various things that a report by concerned mothers who would like certain things banning pre watershed, seductive behaviour and all that. Corrie actress reads the headline and not the story, has twitter rant. Sun write story on twitter rant.

original report: http://www.themothersunion.org/docum...nded%20(2).pdf

daily mail story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crackdown.html

So basically someone didnt read the whole story and kicked off over the headline without thinking.
Elwyn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Do you actually want to know, or is that question just rhetorical? Because to me, the answer seems fairly obvious, despite how unpalatable it may be to you.

Most religions attempt to establish a moral code, not just some rules for followers. When it becomes a moral issue, then naturally it is a person's inclinations to enforce others to live by his morals to one degree or another.
Ofcourse it was rhetorical, maybe it wasn't clear enough for you, don't worry, I'll put the word rhetorical in brackets the next time I do it. It is not that it is unpalatable, it is that in all fairness, religion is a joke. I'm all for respecting views, but I do not just sit there doing nothing when religous people try and poison peoples minds with this nonsense that ultimatley achieves nothing and just leads to conflict.
Helpful_Charlie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's irrelevant in a secular society. Religion should play no part in politics. If religious groups want to forbid certain activities, they're welcome to, but don't **** it up for the rest of us.
We're not a secular society though, therefore that's irrelevant.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Elwyn)
religion is a joke. I'm all for respecting views, but I do not just sit there doing nothing when religous people try and poison peoples minds with this nonsense that ultimatley achieves nothing and just leads to conflict.
Yet oddly enough, it's you that is putting your views across rather aggressively. Could it be that you're the one causing conflict here?

When it comes to religion, I have few answers, but ultimately I find it baffling and quite depressing to watch teenagers on here dismiss possibly the most notable endeavour in human history as 'a joke' or 'rubbish' or whatever else. It's pretty silly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads