Turn on thread page Beta

Unfortunately, white, straight, cis and male watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teknik)
    Says the person who does not understand the simple mathmatical concept of proportion.
    I understand it very well bent kid. You don't become a construction economist without a basic grasp of simple maths.

Now, off you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I understand it very well bent kid. You don't become a construction economist without a basic grasp of simple maths.

Now, off you go.
    Firstly I am 26, secondly you obviously don't regarding your ignorant post in our last discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Is there a charity I can donate to for down-trodden under-represented white folk? Dammit, my heart just bleeds for them.
    No because any collective white organisation, charity, party or club would be deemed to be racist.

ReputationRep:
    i hope one day we will be sent a messiah from god to deal with what the marxist have done to white people,then its payback time :mad:

ReputationRep:
    No because any collective white organisation, charity, party or club would be deemed to be racist.
    See, this is exactly the reason I think one should be set up. Maybe you can furnish me with you bank account details in the mean time?

ReputationRep:
    I would not know where to begin
    No point making such a bold statement if you can't back it up. I'm intrigued as to why you find black music/culture so trashy. Not to be antagonistic or anything just genuinely interested................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gridiron-Gangster)
    No point making such a bold statement if you can't back it up. I'm intrigued as to why you find black music/culture so trashy. Not to be antagonistic or anything just genuinely interested................
    I did not say I found black culture trashy, I specifically stated that the culture represented at the Mobo wards were trashy.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're just not getting jobs because you're not as great as you think?

I worked in a company that was around 80% male. Me and several other employees, including some of my friends applied for a new position that opened up in another department. I ended up getting a job and when i told my 'friend' who was unsuccessfull the first thing he said was "Probably because you're a girl". After he got over the fact he didn't get the position (he ended up applying again successfully a few months later) he conceded that i got the job because i was the better applicant.

If you applied for a job and another white middle-aged male got it you'd just move on, but if you found out it was a women or ethnic minority then it must be the result of 'positive discrimination'. How likely is it that you know the other person enough to make that judgement and how arrogant must you be to automatically assume you are more qualified.

ReputationRep:
    it certainly is trashy along with every other kind of "culture" they have,its all very primitive and vile

the sooner we get rid of it the better

ReputationRep:
    I did not say I found black culture trashy, I specifically stated that the culture represented at the Mobo wards were trashy.
    Like what in particular? Reel off some artists.

If it's any help I'm not particularly a fan of N-Dubz or Dizzee Rascal either. I do like the one song by Tinnie Tempah though.

Most of my favourite "black music" as such is probably old school Rap, Tupac, Reggae, even Motown Classics and as far as the current stuff goes mainly the Black American Artists like Jay-Z, Neyo, Cee Lo Green.

I can't stand N-dubz though.

ReputationRep:
    Like what in particular? Reel off some artists.

If it's any help I'm not particularly a fan of N-Dubz or Dizzee Rascal either. I do like the one song by Tinnie Tempah though.

Most of my favourite "black music" as such is probably old school Rap, Tupac, Reggae, even Motown Classics and as far as the current stuff goes mainly the Black American Artists like Jay-Z, Neyo, Cee Lo Green.

I can't stand N-dubz though.
    Jazz. It's all about jazz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arron)
    it certainly is trashy along with every other kind of "culture" they have,its all very primitive and vile

the sooner we get rid of it the better
    There is no 'we' here. Only you.

Maybe you're just stupid?

ReputationRep:
    whats 'cis'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    Jazz. It's all about jazz.
    How could I forget the jazz? Don't mind a bit of Louis Armstrong myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    Maybe you're just stupid?
    I think we that probably is the answer but alas the OP can't admit the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alenda)
    Maybe you're just not getting jobs because you're not as great as you think?[...]how arrogant must you be to automatically assume you are more qualified.
    Sooo true, coddamn.

ReputationRep:
    You don't get it do you? None of these so called "black organisations" barred membership to those who weren't black and their aim was bridge divisions between communities. Your so-called "white organisations" only exist to antagonise other groups, disturb the peace and spread hatred. May I remind you that the BNP only changed their policies on membership because they were forced to do so.

I get sick of ignorant people like you taking aimless potshots at organisations like the MOBO and NABPOs without taking into account why these were setup in the first place and their rules on membership. If you're going to criticise groups like the MOBO then you should also criticise the National Front on their membership rules or the British People's Party or Combat 18. Last time I checked the National Front weren't too keen on having black or asian membership. Doesn't that scream racism and biggotry more than any MOBO awards ceremony where a significant number of the nominees and recipients aren't even black?

ReputationRep:
    You don't get it do you? None of these so called "black organisations" barred membership to those who weren't black and their aim was bridge divisions between communities. Your so-called "white organisations" only exist to antagonise other groups, disturb the peace and spread hatred. May I remind you that the BNP only changed their policies on membership because they were forced to do so.

I get sick of ignorant people like you taking aimless potshots at organisations like the MOBO and NABPOs without taking into account why these were setup in the first place and their rules on membership. If you're going to criticise groups like the MOBO then you should also criticise the National Front on their membership rules or the British People's Party or Combat 18. Last time I checked the National Front weren't too keen on having black or asian membership. Doesn't that scream racism and biggotry more than any MOBO awards ceremony where a significant number of the nominees and recipients aren't even black?
    That is NOT the point, any white organisation which described itself as an organisaiton for whites would be banend no matter if they let in ethnic minroties or not. You would NEVER have an award ceremony called music of white origin in this day and age, it is you who does not get it. Combat 18 and the national front are banned organisations

ReputationRep:

Here was the post I made on that other forum in response to similar ignorant comments like yours regarding MOBO and the NBPA. Infact I think you might have been one of the people posting there. Anyways my post is pretty clear-cut and the rules are set out there for you so whatever ideas you had about these black organisations being racist well it just went out of the window. If despite this evidence you still want to stick to your ignorant mindset then well good luck to you.

http://www.nbpa.co.uk/about-us/constitution/

OK firstly to clarify the rules on membership I've posted a link to the last updated version of the NBPA constitution which outlines their rules on Full and Associate membership. For some reason I was unable to to copy and paste the relevant section but for the record there doesn't seem to be any mention on membership restricted to those of a certain race/ethnicity etc. So wherever people are getting this notion that if you're "white" you can't be a full member (let me guess Wikipedia?) then you're misinformed.

Let's be brutally honest here at no level has the NBPA barred membership to anybody based ethnicity, race or religion. But let's not forget that the BNP restricted their membership to "whites only" and only changed that rule because they were FORCED to do so as their rules on membership broke the law. Under no circumstances have the NBPA broken any laws with regards to their membership criteria etc so to label them as a racist organisation is just plain stupid.

Also Combat 18 and the National Front still restrict their membership to "whites only" and even publicly display their prejudiced views so if anyone is to be labelled a racist organisation it's them. The BNP have only come into line because they were forced to do so, not because they accepted that they were in the wrong.

You all seem to criticise the need for an NBPA but yet forget to ask yourself one thing. Don't you think it's rather sad in this day and age in 21st century Britain that there are organisations out there who feel that members of a particular ethnicity are prejudiced or discriminated against within the working environment and have evidence to back up their claims? It's pathetic isn't it? It just shows how despite the progress we've made there are a handful of repulsive individuals out there who just can't accept the fact that we are all equals and that everyone has a right to live and work without being subjected to any form of biggotry on the basis of their ethnicity or religious views.

The whole point of an NBPA and MOBO was to celebrate the achievements of such minorities against a backdrop of racial discrimination and overcoming obstacles to become successful. It's a celebration of achievement which from the offset they have be more than happy and willing to share with ALL races and cultures in this country hence why many "non-black" artists win MOBOs and the NBPA promotes relations with other ethnic groups.

Organisations like the NF however would rather promote their own ideals of white supremacy and support links between other "white supremacy" groups. Nowhere on the NF website does it say anything about wanting to promote a harmonious relationship with other ethnic groups.

When people argue about why there isn't a White Police Association or a WOBO awards, it isn't because they're genuinely concerned about racial equality for all it's simply because they want to antagonise a situation which I think is childish and immature.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.