Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    offer from York ! AAB including chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    Is joining the York club! AAB

Definitely my firm unless I get an offer from Cambridge (which I highly doubt.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanesavu)
    I applied to Oxford for biochem as well. Have you been doing some extra preparations for Ox? I´ve been busy with schoolwork lately, so i havent done anything. I´m not very confident either.
    soz to intrude on the little convo here but i'm applying to oxford too! i haven't done any extra don't worry - i think i need to brush up a bit on my AS biology and chem never mind the extra stuff that i most probably will not get down to :L

ReputationRep:
    interview at oxford ! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

ReputationRep:
    Offer from sussex!!

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Aberdeen and Strathclyde.
    GCSE's: 3A*'s, 6A's
    AS:AAA(Biology, Chemistry and Geography) Plus a C in A2 maths.
    Predicted:A*AA (Biology, Chemistry and Geography)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattie)
    interview at oxford ! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Hey congratz! which college? I applied to St Edmund Hall, but havent received any answer yet.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Leeds, AAA and 'informal interview' at Sheffield!

ReputationRep:
    Hey congratz! which college? I applied to St Edmund Hall, but havent received any answer yet.
    St John's, they seem to be the first college giving out offers, but you should probably hear by the end of the month , good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesseliz)
    Offer from Leeds, AAA and 'informal interview' at Sheffield!
    same here! are you going for the interview at Sheffield this thursday by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Oxford for biochem as well. Have you been doing some extra preparations for Ox? I´ve been busy with schoolwork lately, so i havent done anything. I´m not very confident either.
    I've read a few books from their reading list but i dont feel at all prepared. Where else have you applied btw?

ReputationRep:
    a level predictions = AAB, really want to go to sheffield! but applied to sheffield, york, nottingham, leeds and newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barsh)
    I've read a few books from their reading list but i dont feel at all prepared. Where else have you applied btw?
    Imperial, UCL, Sheffield and St. Andrews.

Ive got an offer from St. Andrews, and am currently filling out a questionnaire from UCL.

You?
    And which college did you apply to? (maybe ive already asked you. If so, forgive me )

Ive read a few books as well, but I dont really remember them in detail.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Sheffield for Medical Biochemistry (conditions to be confirmed on a visit day.)

Need to decide between Sheffield and York now as they both seem great to me.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's: 7A* 2A 1B
    AS: AAAB (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Phys)
    A2 predictions: AAA

APPLIED TO:
    Manchester University
    Imperial College London
    Bristol University
    Bath University
    Cardiff University

Its not fair, my school don't seem to have predicted A*'s to anyone, even the people that are likely to get them. Will this put me at a disadvantage, because there seem to be an awful lot of A*'s in this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simmsy)
    Offer from Sheffield for Medical Biochemistry (conditions to be confirmed on a visit day.)

Need to decide between Sheffield and York now as they both seem great to me.
    I applied for this course too... WHY HAVENT THEY REPLIED TO ME YET? :confused: (sorry im just cyber-panicking)

oh, and may I ask you about ur academic results? thanks =))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CeeTay)
    soz to intrude on the little convo here but i'm applying to oxford too! i haven't done any extra don't worry - i think i need to brush up a bit on my AS biology and chem never mind the extra stuff that i most probably will not get down to :L
    yeah the same. Im scared that I´ll just freak out at the interview (if i get one) , so I dont think that any extra reading would help me

ReputationRep:
    I applied for this course too... WHY HAVENT THEY REPLIED TO ME YET? :confused: (sorry im just cyber-panicking)

oh, and may I ask you about ur academic results? thanks =))
    The reply was by letter so they very possibly could have replied to you but you haven;t got the letter yet. They sent it on the 11th and I only received it this afternoon. I also sent my application off early so that could be a reason. Good luck, I know exactly how you're feeling

As for my academic results I got 2 A*s 7As and 2Bs at GCSE (with quite extreme extenuating circumstances)
    AAAB as A-level (Maths, Physics, Chem, Biology) (same circumstances on a lesser scale)
    AAAB predictions (B in physics)

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from surrey asking for AAB

AS results:
    Biology A
    Chem A
    Phsyics A
    Maths B

Predicted:
    Biology A
    Chem A*
    Physics A
    Maths B

still waiting to hear from bristol, sheffield and liecester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simmsy)
    The reply was by letter so they very possibly could have replied to you but you haven;t got the letter yet. They sent it on the 11th and I only received it this afternoon. I also sent my application off early so that could be a reason. Good luck, I know exactly how you're feeling

As for my academic results I got 2 A*s 7As and 2Bs at GCSE (with quite extreme extenuating circumstances)
    AAAB as A-level (Maths, Physics, Chem, Biology) (same circumstances on a lesser scale)
    AAAB predictions (B in physics)
    Well I live in the Czech Rep. so i really hope they´ll send me a reply by email O.O otherwise itll take ages. Congratz btw!!!

I sent my appl. on the 12th of Oct... so i hope theyve already made a decision regarding my application.

(youre doing all sciences?? tough! and impressive:cool:)

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.