Turn on thread page Beta

Does anybody not have Facebook or has left Facebook recently? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gorila7)
    I have left facebook about 5 days ago. It's just awful and too time consuming

ReputationRep:
    i've still got my facebook i have over 1500 friends n not even 1 asks me how i'm doing btw i appear offline n if i'm online no 1 even bothers popping up on chat n the worst feeling is that getting ignored so might think of leaving facebook for good i mean wots the point really if no 1 cares about me lol sad times :/

ReputationRep:
    i would leave it if not all my friends would be there and if it wouldn't be the only way to stay in contact with them.
    i have friends in both amerika, germany and norway who are very important to me and who i keep in contact with through facebook...
    if that wouldn't be...i would probably leave facebook imidiently! i think it is scarry...

ReputationRep:
    When all the myspace scum came over it got ruined. The day it became like twitter is the day I hate 99% of people, no one cares about your miserable pointless lives. Why announce stuff? Best part of it the people that update a lot are the people that actually do the least, hence why they're on facebook and are usually miserable and boring.

ReputationRep:
    I deleted mine in September. Don't miss it at all

ReputationRep:
    I still have Facebook. I have no pictures on there though, and I never will. I have unsubscribed from everyone's status updates. Everyone. I use it purely for the following reasons;

1) Updates from particular companies; Official Arsenal FB page, PlayStation, The Hut, Amazon etc...

2) Business - thinking of not doing this as it's not really necessary.

3) Organising Events - I guess this is one good feature.

4) Catching up with certain people from time to time since I don't have phone credit atm.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/201...facebook-fast/

It's a good read tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I have about 10 people on my friends list so I can talk to and keep in touch with them - I had about 300 people on there before, mostly from school, showing off about their new tattoos or their holidays to Ibiza "with the lads/girls".

ReputationRep:
    Since they changed the group settings a huge amount of its usefulness has disappeared. I never update my status or read anyone else's, I'm just not that boring and attention seeking. I rarely log into the messenger thing. It's still a useful way of sharing photos I suppose, although I personally never put any up. I am vaguely aware of what old friends are up to, which previously I wouldn't be, but that's only a minor advantage.

Previously it was a very easy way of organising the various societies and sports teams I run, you could just send out a message to everyone at the touch of a button, organise a discussion forum, arrange events, etc etc.

Now they've ****ed with the groups and events pages, its easier to just use email again.

I can't really think of anything else its useful for... I think if I had shares in facebook I would probably sell them around now, I think its popularity has probably peaked and now they've messed around with it too much and it will start to drop off again.

ReputationRep:
    I had it go rid of it then got back on it for uni as I though it might be easier for making friends etc.
    But I figured it doesn't make thaat much of a difference and as facebook tends to be rather addicting and time consuming for me I got rid of it again.
    I have to say that leaving facebook once and getting back to it again I kind of figured that I enjoy life more without facebook (I say life because facebook does influence life in many ways)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Since they changed the group settings a huge amount of its usefulness has disappeared. I never update my status or read anyone else's, I'm just not that boring and attention seeking. I rarely log into the messenger thing. It's still a useful way of sharing photos I suppose, although I personally never put any up. I am vaguely aware of what old friends are up to, which previously I wouldn't be, but that's only a minor advantage.

Previously it was a very easy way of organising the various societies and sports teams I run, you could just send out a message to everyone at the touch of a button, organise a discussion forum, arrange events, etc etc.

Now they've ****ed with the groups and events pages, its easier to just use email again.

I can't really think of anything else its useful for... I think if I had shares in facebook I would probably sell them around now, I think its popularity has probably peaked and now they've messed around with it too much and it will start to drop off again.
    This.

Once every few weeks or months, I'd just click on someone's profile to see what they're up to. Or better yet, I'd phone them :awesome:

Social Networking, lol - more like Social Attention Seeking.

ReputationRep:
    I've not got it. I don't think that it's a positive thing for friendship to be commodified in that kind of superficial way. If other people want to use it though, which of course most people do, that's up to them. I suppose TSR is the social network I use most.

And even though I deleted my Facebook account, it's still up there, which shows the issue with privacy.

ReputationRep:
    I deactivated last week after only reactivating for 3 weeks. Prior to that, I'd been de activated for over a year. I just hate Facebook.

Everyone on my "friends" list is really boring, even the ones I know. Some are so mentally de-funct they've activated apps that POST STATUS UPDATES FOR THEM?! :lolwut: That is the height of social failure for me, plus the number of dullards banging on about how much they love their boy/girlfriends that they keep splitting up/making up with, which I'm convinced they do for nothing but attention, just means Facebook is AIDS to me.

Its staying deactivated to me now

ReputationRep:
    I just don't go on it anymore. It's still there but I just can't be arsed with it.

The only reason I kept it was to keep in touch with people but tbf I barely even talk to them on FB so meh...

ReputationRep:
    You can... leave?

Facebook is optional?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of facebook at all. I just don't like the way people use it as the alternative to speaking to someone, they just find out via your profile instead. I went to Edinburgh this year for the Fringe Festival, came back and spoke to one of my friends, and said "Yeah, summer is good, I went to Edin.." "oh yeah, I saw all the photos on facebook, it looked really good". So I just got interupted, and she seemed to know more about it than I did, I just looked at her wondering what the hell I was supposed to say on our little catch-up date, because she seemed to know everything anyway.

I also hate the amount of drama on the site. I never get involved in any myself, but I just don't understand someone's reactions. For example, last month, my friend and her bf had such a big argument just because his ex "liked" his profile picture...What the hell is the point of that? Over-reaction much!

I do want to delete it, but I like getting my photos from a night out, even though it's set to private for only myself. And I also like the funny stuff on it, people being fraped or jokes etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo00oo)
    Get Skype or exchange E-mail addresses.
    nope, tried that...most of my friends don't even have skype and they don't check their emails as often as they check facebook...kinda tragic...

ReputationRep:
    I go on it for the lols. To all those people that post pictures of them pouting for the camera, and receive comments like 'omg ur so hawt bbz' - do you realize how ridiculous you look?

Or how much I laugh at your blatant attention seeking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Last Status October 20th 2012. Today i liked pancakes thats about it really.
    you do realize that the year is 2011.

Psychic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calabria)
    lack of friends ?
    Lol
    Just didn't see what the hype was about, i text all my close friends and the other "friends" I had were people I hardly knew.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have facebook, dont plan on getting facebook either

reason? theres too many *****y people on facebook who cant come to your face and say them

p.s i have a life outside of sitting in front of the computer

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.