Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

i have applied for ...

Fashion design womenswear - CSM ( still hasnt been acknowledged)
    Fashion design 3 year and 4 year sandwich - Westminster (got my questionnaire today!)
    Fashion design - Bath Spa ( sent entry project off today, My deadline for this is the 2nd Feb)
    Fashion - UWE ( interview 15th feb )

im a bit worried about CSM but by the looks of things there well known for being super slow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyy8)
    Has anybody esle who sent a project to Bath Spa heard anything from them? they said we would hear 10 days after the submission date (29th) but nothing ...
    My submission date is the 2nd Feb, sent my project off today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyy8)
    Has anybody esle who sent a project to Bath Spa heard anything from them? they said we would hear 10 days after the submission date (29th) but nothing ...
    Hey, i'm guessing you had to of submitted by the 19th? If so i had the same and i only got my invite to interview today so i would give them another day to work through their lists, as I didn't get it until later on in the day as well. I think i posted about it on my other account which is the posts from kaytee-ox but tsr wont let me access that one now for some reason.
    Bath invited me to interview on an incorrect date, so probably best waiting another day if they get it right.
    Good luck and hopefully you hear soon and its the news you want!
    Was bath one of your top choices?
    x

ReputationRep:
    Finally heard from CSM, got to send an entry project type thing off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaytee-ox)
    But in the email it also listed all the email addresses of the other applicants........ :/ which is slightly worrying

ReputationRep:
    I am not applying for university this year but would really like to get in at csm or another really good fashion school but I was just wondering if they prefer a levels or btec? It would be really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferniedee)
    I am not applying for university this year but would really like to get in at csm or another really good fashion school but I was just wondering if they prefer a levels or btec? It would be really helpful
    When i spoke to the admissions tutor at csm they said they were more worried about the work you were producing, than the route you take. However if you are doing a levels you needed to do a foundation, whereas they will accept straight from BTEC.
    What course are you on atm?

Also CSM were quite happy to accept from BTEC but there were some good uni's that i looked at that were quite funny about accepting people off them x

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my AS levels but I'm doing Textiles (English Lit, Maths and Spanish) so I was wondering if they would take me because of Textiles but I don't know if they will. It's Product Design Textiles rather than Art and Design Textiles so it focuses more on the designing, analysis, existing products and making rather than being artistic :/ xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferniedee)
    I'm doing my AS levels but I'm doing Textiles (English Lit, Maths and Spanish) so I was wondering if they would take me because of Textiles but I don't know if they will. It's Product Design Textiles rather than Art and Design Textiles so it focuses more on the designing, analysis, existing products and making rather than being artistic :/ xx
    Definately talk to a teacher/careers advisor at your school/college and see what they say.
    But all the uni's i have applied to have asked for a portfolio, which from the a levels you're doing, you just won't have. So doing a foundation degree will allow you to spend a year doing arty/textiles/fashiony things to build up your portfolio.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you I think I'll do that then x

ReputationRep:
    Just received my questionairre from Westminster for fashion design. Does anyone know if the designer on the last question is from a current season or previous older seasons? So frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingy123)
    yeh same! just takes alootttttaaa time. what are you studying at the moment, fashion btec? or art and design?
    I'm studying A level Textiles, Art and BTEC Production Arts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thrillsandfrills)
    Just received my questionairre from Westminster for fashion design. Does anyone know if the designer on the last question is from a current season or previous older seasons? So frustrating!
    I got sent a questionnaire too!
    I've been staring at the image trying to figure out which collection it's from! Gah it's really fustrating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaytee-ox)
    Hey did you apply for Menswear or Womenswear? I have yet to hear from CSM and I don't know if it's just because Womenswear gets so over subscribed..

ReputationRep:
    last year they used a previous years look from gaultier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niasonko)
    Hey did you apply for Menswear or Womenswear? I have yet to hear from CSM and I don't know if it's just because Womenswear gets so over subscribed..
    Womenswear, but the email was pretty shoddy. It had all the other applicants emails addresses in the to bar, which is a breach of confidentiality i think =/
    But im guessing they are sorting it out this week, as someone else who i know who has applied but heard nothing so they probably just havent got through everyone yet x

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok thanks for the info

That's kind of worrying though, nobody really wants their email addresses getting sent to others :/

But then again, they have about 3000 applicants to sort out, it must a real headache for their admissions office -.-

ReputationRep:
    I got sent a questionnaire too!
    I've been staring at the image trying to figure out which collection it's from! Gah it's really fustrating!
    I literally have no idea haha, hoping it's just gonna come to me one day soon! The other questions don't seem to bad which is okay though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok thanks for the info

That's kind of worrying though, nobody really wants their email addresses getting sent to others :/

But then again, they have about 3000 applicants to sort out, it must a real headache for their admissions office -.-
    Yeah, luckily my email address i used for ucas isnt used on my facebook.
    But tbh every other uni manages to do it, without sending me everyone elses emails. As there are computer programs that do it all for you these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GildedButterfly)
    last year they used a previous years look from gaultier.
    Last year they had s/s 2011 marc jacobs for vuitton.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2012

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.