Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Will Mou play with 3 DMs and concede possession to Barca? Thus having to play on the counter....

We know Barca won't spring [m]any surprises. They'll just do what they do.

They need to win. Madrid want to win.
    I can see Mourinho wanting to attack Barca and take the game to them tbh. This is the first time he's faced them and he has had the upper hand, he'll want to press the advantage imo.

If Madrid score 1 or 2 though, prepare for a 5-5-0 formation tbh.

ReputationRep:
    As it is in Madrid I think it will be a very tight game...

Real Madrid 1-0 Barcelona

Goalscorer: Higuain
    Yellow cards: 6
    Red cards: 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catilina)
    Creativity is not superior to solid defense work, it´s different. Besides Madrid's wingers and Özil tend to be the creative playmakers, Alonso is more of a link-up player between offense and defense.

PS: The Classico is not a real derby. It also lacks the potential for escalation that many real derbies still have, because the rivalry between Madrid and Barcelona is mainly down to sucess nowadays. The days where this game had any real political or social relevance are long gone. The news article about the guy who shot his father only proves that some people are insane. He´s from Angola, I doubt he even has any close connection to either club and the headline is also misleading because it reduces the conflict to football (even though the article states that they argued over other things as well).
    Ozil will be on the bench and the front three will be Di Maria, Higuain/Benzema and Ronaldo. I know Madrid's wingers tend to be creative but if the midfielders can't get the ball to them then Barca will dominate possession, which is very likely considering they have Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta - the three best midfielders in the world. In big derbies like this, controlling the midfield is essential but the defences need to be quite solid too. Xabi Alonso is the key to Madrid winning this game, if he gets crowded out then it will just be a scrappy affair with Barca winning because of their technical superiority. Extremely difficult to predict and it could go either way really.

I agree with your second paragraph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    If Madrid score 1 or 2 though, prepare for a 5-5-0 formation tbh.
    Haha, I think it's only Mourinho who understands that the (only) way to beat Barca is with a 5-5-0 formation. (or 5-4-1 in this case, I think he might be feeling spontaneous tomorrow :rolleyes:)

I do remember how he got criticised - and at the same time praised - for his anti-football tactits the led Madrid to win the Copa Del Rey final last April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree69)
    Haha, I think it's only Mourinho who understands that the (only) way to beat Barca is with a 5-5-0 formation. (or 5-4-1 in this case, I think he might be feeling spontaneous tomorrow :rolleyes:)

I do remember how he got criticised - and at the same time praised - for his anti-football tactits the led Madrid to win the Copa Del Rey final last April.
    5-5-0/4-5-1/5-4-1 and counter them hard. Or if you're feeling like being completely humiliated play 4-3-3 ala Ferguson 09. :teehee:

I wonder what would have happened to Mourinho if he lost the Copa Del Rey final too. Would he still be at Madrid? Would he have been under even more pressure this year to beat Barca? :beard:

Who knows? :dontknow:

begin already ffs

ReputationRep:
    People focus way to heavily on Mourinho and Guardiola.

(Original post by Catilina)
    People focus way to heavily on Mourinho and Guardiola.
    yeh, too bad they don't pan the cameras enough on them spanish babes ffs :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Just about to go shop to get supplies to use while watching this.

Excited!

Come on the boy! Come on Madrid!

ReputationRep:
    What time is kick-off (GMT)?

It says 21:00 on SkySports, but I'm not sure if that's Spain time or our time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    What time is kick-off (GMT)?

It says 21:00 on SkySports, but I'm not sure if that's Spain time or our time.

Kick-off time is 21.00 (UK)

in spain its an hr ahead so over there it'll be 22.00

Man i can't wait 4 this to start the world will be watching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manny92)
    Kick-off time is 21.00 (UK)

in spain its an hr ahead so over there it'll be 22.00

Man i can't wait 4 this to start the world will be watching
    Ah, thanks

Yeh I can't wait either! Should be a brilliant match.

ReputationRep:
    Should be a cracking game!

Going to cheer on Mourinho and Real Madrid for this match and eventually the La Liga title.

Going to be a tight game I think and will be surprised if there is not at least 1 red card.

ReputationRep:
    Why does Spain have such late kick offs?

I think late games are class, but aren't fans nearly in stadium by midnight!

ReputationRep:
    Going to keep a backup lower bitrate stream running, just in case.

Hopefully Bloodzeed holds up :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Why does Spain have such late kick offs?

I think late games are class, but aren't fans nearly in stadium by midnight!
    Siesta culture remember. They usually eat dinner around 9pm to 12am as well.

ReputationRep:
    I think its more to do with timezones and TV rights than any cultural thing in Spain.

Barca to win, I reckon. 2-0.

At least one red card. Lots of theatrics.

#STANDARD

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it will be 1-1 draw, with barca again dominating possession. I don't think mourinho would want to risk it and attack barca especially when they are ahead with a game in hand. David Villa and Higuian to score.

ReputationRep:
    3-1 Madrid.

Benzema, Ronaldo, and Ramos to score. You know who for Barca.

I keep thinking it's gonna be a repeat of Inter's 3-1 win over Barcelona at the Meazza.

ReputationRep:
    Barca victory imo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.