Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sii217)
    ^^^^^

Check posts 67 - 69.
    Oh thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had a go at the January 2010, question 7b? I'm a bit stuck...

ReputationRep:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...W-QP-JUN11.PDF

Question 8 anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulietheCat)
    Yes, range is y and domain is x. The substitution with u^2, you just rearrange for x and diffrentiate it.

U^2=X-1
    X=U^2+1

Diffrentiate the x function and since it is dx/du, you have to multiply the derivative (2U) by the function which you are trying to integrate. I had such questions in my textbook but never realised where I was going wrong! Now I know how to do it.
    Oh that great I will try it later on...
    So,have you got any problem/unsure in C3 or just waiting for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Here, it took quite a while to eliminate cos^2x. I hope it's clear in green ink.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Differentiate the U, as per in substitution questions. Rearrange to get dx.

When you get dx = du/2sec^2x the sec^2x cancels out with the cos^2x, then it becomes an integral of 1/2u^2 .du :-) Are you okay from there?

ReputationRep:
    Here you are
    If you have any confuse just ask again,hope this can help
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Compare your du/dx with the integral

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenau)
    Oh that great I will try it later on...
    So,have you got any problem/unsure in C3 or just waiting for the exam?
    I need to go through mid ordinate and Simpsons rule as I'm a little rusty. But as long as I don't make silly mistakes, I should be fine.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24DJF)
    Anyone had a go at the January 2010, question 7b? I'm a bit stuck...
    Use the product rule, to find the differentiall of tan^2(4x) use the chain rule, and then you just change the tan4x's into y .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstyy93)
    Use the product rule, and then factorise
    I tried that, but I can't get it in the form it asks for :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and make sure we all don't make stupid mistakes... Like not integrating in a substitution question...

Woops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24DJF)
    Oh, and make sure we all don't make stupid mistakes... Like not integrating in a substitution question...

Woops.
    Or differentiating 3/x as 3ln(x). That happened on my C4 mock. I can't believe I lost 6 marks because of that silly mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24DJF)
    I tried that, but I can't get it in the form it asks for :/
    What have you got so far? Remember y=tan4x so once you have it in terms of tan4x you can replace it with y

ReputationRep:
    Ive been doing Solomon papers too. They're not too bad but I keep making silly errors... I know all the theory though so its just accuracy I need to be careful about!

Got a C from Jan so defo need to make sure i get an A!

ReputationRep:
    Or differentiating 3/x as 3ln(x). That happened on my C4 mock. I can't believe I lost 6 marks because of that silly mistake.
    I just hope I don't make any stupid mistakes! :-) we'll be fine on Thursday guys! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I need to go through mid ordinate and Simpsons rule as I'm a little rusty. But as long as I don't make silly mistakes, I should be fine.

How about you?
    Basically i have done all the AQA C3 PP,now trying to go through all the mistake I made and hopefully can understand some things I still confusing..
    And I keep making some silly mistake which is stupid... So,I will be very careful in the real paper...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Hi, I'm doing this exam as well. Doing plenty of papers as possible

ReputationRep:
    i keep getting around 60/75.
    any ways to improve my scores in 1 day? obviously the real exam result will be alot lower because of nerves and making alot more silly mistakes.
    i can do all the basic stuff thats on the syllabus and questions that are similar every year, i just cant do the new stuff where they try and trick you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReTurd)
    i keep getting around 60/75.
    any ways to improve my scores in 1 day? obviously the real exam result will be alot lower because of nerves and making alot more silly mistakes.
    i can do all the basic stuff thats on the syllabus and questions that are similar every year, i just cant do the new stuff where they try and trick you.
    When you say 'new stuff', do you mean calculus?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.