Should I buy Samsung Galaxy Ace? Watch

Poll: Should I buy the Samsung Galaxy Ace?
Yes (15)
48.39%
No (16)
51.61%
gooner4ever
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hash007)
Wait a few days and there will be an amazing deal on the Samsung Galaxy S2, that's what i'm going to get.
this guy is not gonna be able to afford a samsung galaxy s2 regardless of how 'amazing' this deal is if he's looking at the contract price of a mid range phone like the samsung galaxy. The price difference between these contracts are huge!
hash007
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gooner4ever)
And is the Samsung Galaxy Ace, higher mid range?
I need someone to do the calculation for me, if whether a contract for 2years then moving to giff gaff. Or just getting pay as you go, on giff gaff. Will be cheaper.

Galaxy Ace is defo not higher mid range! its very low mid range!
Can't you do the calculation yourself?

£180 altogether for £7.50 deal over 24 months with Talkmobile.

£100 for phone + £10 a month with GiffGaff = £340 over 24 months

You decide which is the better deal....

Personally If you could stretch your budget to £15-17 a month you could potentially grab a Galaxy S2 which is miles ahead of the Galaxy Ace.
Thug
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by hash007)
Can't you do the calculation yourself?

£180 altogether for £7.50 deal over 24 months with Talkmobile.

£100 for phone + £10 a month with GiffGaff = £340 over 24 months

You decide which is the better deal....

Personally If you could stretch your budget to £15-17 a month you could potentially grab a Galaxy S2 which is miles ahead of the Galaxy Ace.
Re-calculate.

I'm going to be spending 10quid every 3/4 months. Since the giffgaff-to-giffgaff lasts 3 months.
Thug
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by SpiggyTopes)
I was a natural! I can type like a superhuman maniac, quicker than I can think! I am even trying to imagine ways that I can use it to write essays on and then transfer them to my computer.

To be honest, I only know of two other people who can use Swype, a friend and a physics teacher of all people! Most people I know absolutely hate it!

Does it show if you've got email notification. And how is the messenging set out for texts?
TheNoobyPotato
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm with Vodafone. 300 mins, 500MB, Unlimited texts, and the phone for £10 a month. I got about 1 year ago.

The phone is good. The only issue I have with it is the battery, which only lasts about a day. I think it only lasts a day because I didn't charge it properly when I first got it

Also, there are minor issues where the phone can freeze sometimes or act slow. As someone already said, there is some glitch where the phone shuts itself down. This only really causes me problems at night because of my alarm. You get used to the problems. They aren't that bad.
SpiggyTopes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Thug)
Does it show if you've got email notification. And how is the messenging set out for texts?
Yes, it has an e-mail notification. I am on g-mail, I assume it is the same for other e-mail accounts.

Name:  sms_not_sent_04.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  30.7 KB It is set out like that. When you want to type, a qwerty keypad appears at the bottom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads