Turn on thread page Beta

Come on girlies, which prom dress??? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ting-Ting)
    Theres an amazing store called Pussy Galore in Cardiff if you're really keen on getting a unique dress (or if you can be bothered to pop into cardiff for a shopping spree!) I'm not sure if its an independant store or not though but they do amaaazing dresses! whether its a puffy ball gown dress type or just a nice slim and classy evening dress. Plus, they do alot of backless dresses with criss cross ribbons across the back!
    I bought a gooorgeous black silk evening dress (with backless criss cross ribbons and a long fishtail back) there a few months ago and i had soo many compliments!
    hey im from south wales, quite near Cardiff and I was wondering where this store is. I need a dress for my sixth form ball and I think I might check it out. Where abouts in Cardiff is it?

ReputationRep:
    I think I know the one she's talking about and if so - it is absolutely gorgeous. It's £110 and I was prepared to pay that for my uni ball because it really is so stunning, but they're all sold out everywhere apparently.
    It wasn't in brimingham bullring when I went last week ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linka1)
    Awwwwww you must have gone to one of those proper prom shops as well, who do like princess dresses. I had the idea of getting one of those intially coz I think they look gorgeous when I was browsing on the internet. I dont know, they kinda cost loads! If you manage to get one then well done you, and I wanna see a pic heehee.

I actually know exactly which dresses from Monsoon you are talking about, so I think that you have to be careful that you're the only one with that dress!

I've set my sights on this dress from a bridal shop (eek) and its not too expensive so I'm off to get fitted for it! Its like sapphire and goes straight across from the bottom of your shoulder to the other so its like sitting on the top of your arms. Its fitted all the way down and the bottom goes out a bit. Hope its suitable though.

I dont think black should be worn at a prom ...or white. But other colours in between...there's just sooo many!!!

That's what I originally thought but today, (whilst only half thinking about my dress) I walked into a shop and walked out again with a black prom dress and I love it.

Btw subterfuge - cool dress! And shipped in from China?? And only 40 quid altogether? I've misread something here...

ReputationRep:
    It took me weeks to find a dress that would actually suit, since they all look funi on me for somewhat odd reason... but i found one!!! Do u think it looks too smart for the prom? I was thinkin addin sum lace on the hem at bottom and along the neckline....

btw...the dress cost me £60, quiet good i guess when considerin sum gals are spendin to the extreme :p:

Attachment 22194

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxSimixXx)
    It took me weeks to find a dress that would actually suit, since they all look funi on me for somewhat odd reason... but i found one!!! Do u think it looks too smart for the prom? I was thinkin addin sum lace on the hem at bottom and along the neckline....

btw...the dress cost me £60, quiet good i guess when considerin sum gals are spendin to the extreme :p:

Attachment 22194
    I wouldn't say it was too OTT for prom at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subterfuge)
    i bought my dress fairly early on and i agree with anybody who says ebays a good place to look
    i looked there for ideas before finding one i liked too much to not buy :P
    it ended up being £40 shipped over from a dressmakers in china

i was really shocked when i heard of people spending £200/300 on dresses from karen millen & places.

anywho, here's the dress... does anybody have any suggestions on what kinda shoes/bag/jewellery i could wear with it?
    i bought some earings today that are bluish pearl & silver, but im not sure they go...
    *faints*
    I am in love with your dress! It's exactly what I want - so much so that it scares me.
    Where exactly did you get it from? Did you order it from a website??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    *faints*
    I am in love with your dress! It's exactly what I want - so much so that it scares me.
    Where exactly did you get it from? Did you order it from a website??!
    She bought it on ebay

ReputationRep:
    I dont know what shoes or accessories to go with my dress now :eek:

Done with deciding the dress - it's like a sapphire blue colour (like a royalish blue matte satin).

Thinking silver stuff and not too much jewellery.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by linka1)
    I dont know what shoes or accessories to go with my dress now :eek:

Done with deciding the dress - it's like a sapphire blue colour (like a royalish blue matte satin).

Thinking silver stuff and not too much jewellery.
    how about these silver sandals on ebay :tsr2: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SILVER-JEW...QQcmdZViewItem

ReputationRep:
    that was one hell of a bump.

ReputationRep:
    ^ that was exactly what i was gonna say!

ooo eeee ooo...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Only 8 months and 5 days too late!

ReputationRep:
    I got my prom dress in the sales. I'm such a cheapskate was reduced from £150 though!

ReputationRep:
    I got a ball gown for our christmas ball made to measure from ebay for £69 what a bargin! And no one else would ever have the same one, it came all the way from china and it was worth every penny (+more!)

ReputationRep:
    I love the sales - a couple of years ago got a beautiful dress from Monsoon that I was gonna buy for 180 quid or something crazy a few weeks before for like 50 pounds! I love their 70% off sales Still not had an occasion to wear it though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclear_pavlova)
    Im so silly..I got my dress last summer! Its orangey pink, full length and embroidered with beads and sequins....its so lovely...I bought it from nordstrom in san francisco...

I think ebay is really good for dresses..seriously!

I GOT MINE THERE!!

is it the same as mine? (i'm in the middle on the pic)

xXx
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    ^ that was exactly what i was gonna say!

ooo eeee ooo...
    Fortunately I did manage to get a pair of shoes hahaha BEFORE the prom lol

Thanks for the link though haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2007
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.