Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"He is just a white man" - Dying man heckled by racist yobs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pernell Whitaker)
    Statistics can be doctored. It seems like on here, the white man will do anything to deny that this country still has a severe problem with non-whites.

The facts are also this, if white people hadn't had the NOTED history of racism, both institutional and overt, towards BMEs, then I dare say very few race attacks would occur against them. I challenge you to find me black and asian supremacist groups in Britain, that spout the same sort of ****e that C18, Blood and Honour etc etc do.

I doubt the BBC are doctoring statistics somehow. However, if it helps you carry on with your myopic world view...

How can a country have a 'problem' with anyone? Countries don't think last I checked. People can have a problem. If you then extrapolate this personal issue to an entire nation, well what does that make you?
    I do love it when black people justify their racism with 'but you did it first' :p:.

Oh, and here is a history lesson mate. The Arab slave trade in Africans was as prevalent, if not worse, than the atlantic trade. Yet you do not, I assume, think this a 'noted history'. Black people sold other black people into slavery. You do not, I doubt, call this a 'noted history'. The fact of the matter is, people do ****ty things to people. White people are no worse in this regard. If you wish to tar all white people with the actions of a few rich guys a century or more ago, be my guest. If you wish to only read certain history books and never learn, for example, the history of China or the Buntu's (african linguistic group), then yes, you will be led to believe white people are somewhat a special case in terms of racism. This isn't actually true, it is just a cop-out, and indeed does nothing to solve the problems of racism we are concerned with here.

Not going to argue with you though, you've evidently already decided that white people are different from you, and indeed are worse than you. Hey, we are 'more racist' right! We've a special racial prediliction for it apparently. The only actual difference is that European nations have had the 'chance' (though I feel the word inappropriate) to apply their racism to others, long before the social advances that made the majority of us understand these ideals to be wrong on so many levels. I have no doubt that if it had been Africa that had spawned various empires, that those empires would have been just as brutal. At the end of the day, that time was a brutal one, and people were brutal also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)
    http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk...story_continue

...And why were these guys not arrested? Hmm, I wonder...! :mad:
    This is what happens when people ignore racism. For example in USA a lot of effort was made to root white racism in the South. The KKK suffered severely. At the same time no effort was made to stop black racism. A black got killed by a bunch of racist by tying him to a rope tied to a car. They dragged him for a mile or so and he died. A media uproar was started. Couple of years later a bunch of black guys did the same thing in the same road and nothing heard about it.

Equality is a two way street. Just because black people have been historically prejudiced against doesn't give them the right to be a racist. Bash their head in.

ReputationRep:
    How can a country have a 'problem' with anyone? Countries don't think last I checked. People can have a problem. If you then extrapolate this personal issue to an entire nation, well what does that make you?
    I do love it when black people justify their racism with 'but you did it first' :p:.

- I cant say it's an arguement I've ever heard - i've never heard of a hate crime committed because 'you had my parents as a slave'. You seem to assume they ALL say it as an excuse - as any other racism, it is not always logical or reasoned, and often pure ignorance. saying that just sorta strikes me as stereotyping.

Not going to argue with you though, you've evidently already decided that white people are different from you, and indeed are worse than you. Hey, we are 'more racist' right!

- are you assuming he's black because of what he said or am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    It is a terrible thing to do. However, I feel compelled by Gilliwoo's comment to say that they should be allowed to say what they like, even at such a time. They didn't actually attempt to hinder the emergency services I believe? At the end of the day, words don't stop people doing their jobs.
    Surely this could be considered antisocial behaviour? If I can be arrested for calling a security guard a ******, then a bunch of chavs can get arrested for directing racist comments to a dying man.

ReputationRep:
    Racist unrest is scarcely new in this part of London, it has been going on for years, and can mostly be traced back to police brutality in the 70s. It is nonetheless highly unpleasant, and it is time communities worked together to stop this sort of vicious hatred.

ReputationRep:
    This is hardly a new thing.

One of the jewish private ambos pulling up outside hospitals in the east end often attracts a crowd of natives. They ain't exactly full of sympathy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2007
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.