Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brandedbyfire)
    Hey dude, thats great, your gonna love it at sussex - I'm sure your get in, I had less UCAS points and they let me in anyway. ) I'm studying Internet Computing. I see all those people on MDS doing all there cool stuff and get all jealous lol.
    Thanks.

I'm really looking forward to studying the course and living at the Uni. From what people say on here it appears to me that both the Uni and Brighton have a great friendly atmosphere so I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it.

ReputationRep:
    What happen to al the first years coming there? Do they end up making loads of chores or... Or rather what is the first year like? How's the study load and so on? Is it possible to change halls if one is not happy were one lives? I am just watching out for a friend of mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    What happen to al the first years coming there? Do they end up making loads of chores or... Or rather what is the first year like? How's the study load and so on? Is it possible to change halls if one is not happy were one lives? I am just watching out for a friend of mine
    What degree course would they be studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    What degree course would they be studying?

He will be studying Media and cultural studies

ReputationRep:
    im kerry!

im 18 (will be 19 when i start uni tho!) im from milton keynes n im hoping to go to sussex in september! ive applied for geography and development studies.

my insurance is leicester but if i dont get into sussex i will probably just re apply nxt year!

ive gone for brighthelm as first accomodation choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    He will be studying Media and cultural studies
    Right. Well, one of my mates has just finished her first year doing exactly the same course. From my impressions, she seemed to have a fair few essays for both, several 'practical' media-based things (photoblog, website creation, short video etc.), and a couple of learning logs - kind of like diaries about what you have understood from your readings, lectures, and seminars. No exams in the first year, though...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot Wice One I'll let him know this at once...

ReputationRep:
    Hey Hey!!

I'm Phil, 18, from Fareham in Hampshire and Sussex is my firm choice for september :P looking to do BA Sociology which hopefully I'll get BBB for

Anyone else for Socio? Would love to actually know someone before I went there ^.^

ReputationRep:
    hello
    I'm Nora, from Budapest, Hungary. I'm going to study Media and Languages.
    I am 20, and I love jazz and lots of other kinds of music. I am not a vegetarian)
    Anyone for French and/or Spanish?

ReputationRep:
    Jamie Fletcher
    Either Law with American Studies or Law with Politics

I am from Southampton.
    I am going on a Camp America trip this summer.

or myspace http://www.myspace.com/the_jimi_fletch

Cheers
    Jamie

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Victoria, and sussex is my insurance choice for law with american studies! I'm from Hertfordshire.

ReputationRep:
    yo! (first post)

I'm Lucinda, 18 years and (hopefully!!) going to do English and Media Studies.
    Heh.. everytime I think about Sussex, I get really really excited, because I just love Brighton and the whole campus too!

Thing is, I need AAB (A in English, which shouldn't be too hard, but also means an A in Maths, which I'm incredibly poor at...) so I'm kinda hoping they might let me in with ABB.

I'll probably go for East Slope, and plan to compensate for the hamster-cage-esque decor with fairy lights and the like hah.

Oh yeah.. i like tons of stuff, uhm gig attending, raving it up, all sorts of music but mainly of the indie variety, and summer the most.

ReputationRep:
    Hey peoples, I'm Reece (friends call me reecey or reecey baby), 19 (will be 20 when start) - Will be studying Film. Am currently in a gap year, a very lazy one at that. I did the sad job route, bloody wish i hadn't. Been serving Sainsbury's for a year - can't wait to get out! Gonna have such a wicked time I cantttttttttttttttttt waitttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!

oh and I love "Neighbours" - hope there are some other fans, so we can all watch together!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie_Fletcher)
    Jamie Fletcher
    Either Law with American Studies or Law with Politics

I am from Southampton.
    I am going on a Camp America trip this summer.

or myspace http://www.myspace.com/the_jimi_fletch

Cheers
    Jamie
    a friend of mine is going camp america as well...it's a long shot, but this world is small, look out for him, ralph demenger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reeeeecey)
    Hey peoples, I'm Reece (friends call me reecey or reecey baby), 19 (will be 20 when start) - Will be studying Film. Am currently in a gap year, a very lazy one at that. I did the sad job route, bloody wish i hadn't. Been serving Sainsbury's for a year - can't wait to get out! Gonna have such a wicked time I cantttttttttttttttttt waitttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!
    ooo small world, you live near me! I live next door in Lewisham. we look up to you classy Greenwich folks, haha! What school did you go to? I went to Thomas Tallis and am currently at Christ the King College

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoea85)
    ooo small world, you live near me! I live next door in Lewisham. we look up to you classy Greenwich folks, haha! What school did you go to? I went to Thomas Tallis and am currently at Christ the King College
    Freakey Deaky, I too went Tallis, and stayed on in sixth form studied English Lit, Drama, and Film Studies, - but you know what they say bout Sussex, Tallis by the sea.

What year did you leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reeeeecey)
    Freakey Deaky, I too went Tallis, and stayed on in sixth form studied English Lit, Drama, and Film Studies, - but you know what they say bout Sussex, Tallis by the sea.

What year did you leave?
    Wow! I was probably in the year above you then. I was at Tallis for years 7 - 11 and then stayed on at sixth form from 2002-2003 but took some time out and then started at Christ the King in 2004. I didn't realise so many Tallis people went to sussex till I kept finding out recently that people I knew go there! Did you have Ms Ohmahoney or Mr Bradshaw for English? They were brilliant teachers! Ohh and I bet you had Mr Stanley for Drama? He was cool too, you daren't get on his bad side though, he would eat you alive!

ReputationRep:
    I had Mrs O'Mahoney in years seven and eight. And I had Stanners for five years from, yr 9 - 13. He's left now. And i know what ya mean bout not gettin on his bad side, He ****ing laid into me once. And in year 13 our drama group went Athens with him, and lets just say some Of us got a little worse for wear and were going crazy in the hotel - HE WENTTTTTTT MADDDDDDD!!! Called my friend Rosa a stupid ***** and stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, don't think I've introduced myself here yet ..

I'm Lucy, I'm 18 and I currently live about half an hour outside of Brighton. I'm going to be doing English Language and Linguistics if by any remote chance I get the AAB I need.
    I may or may not be living on campus next year, coz I put that I'd live at home, but am now thinking about begging them to let me change my mind, as I'd feel like I was missing out on the full experience hehe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinders)
    Hey everyone, don't think I've introduced myself here yet ..

I'm Lucy, I'm 18 and I currently live about half an hour outside of Brighton. I'm going to be doing English Language and Linguistics if by any remote chance I get the AAB I need.
    I may or may not be living on campus next year, coz I put that I'd live at home, but am now thinking about begging them to let me change my mind, as I'd feel like I was missing out on the full experience hehe...
    IIRC, Dogtanian's doing that course. And do try to get on campus if at all possible; you won't regret it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2006
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.