Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarky-x)
    I sent my university confirmation letter with the covering letter from the website in the post, and I changed my address online. Been on hold for 40 minutes now

Wish I'd changed it earlier now, but I was waiting on an appeal up until last week

EDIT: Just got through to them, the bloke on the other end of the phone did not sound like he was having fun hahaha
    Poor guy, the amount of angry student's he's got to deal with :p:
    You should of just done it all on the phone instead of sending out the documents, I managed it all in 10 mins and then had the new notice out within 7 days and that was late August.

Is it sorted now or you still on the phone, hope you get it before the course starts!?

ReputationRep:
    Aye, he must be a bit fed up!

I phoned first and they told me that I had to send the confirmation letter through the post. They told me it would take up to 3 weeks to process now and I'm moving tomorrow night!! They gave me another phone number though which I've to call tomorrow which I can sort it all out over the phone, so I hope it works!!
    Aww hopefully, best of luck with your move then Where are you off too I you don't mind me asking? :p:

ReputationRep:
    RGU in Aberdeen my firm was for Glasgow Cali though but I missed a condition so that's why I'm in this pickle!! So excited for going now though!! Where are you off to?
    :woo: I'm off down to Aberdeen Uni, I just missed my firm too for Edinburgh but Aberdeen seems preety good What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Wooo! I'm doing Fashion Management, yourself? Looking forward to freshers ?!
    I'm doing Geography and hopefully some Geology. Yip I'm looking forward to it, it's getting so close!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wιzard)
    Salla, I asked them about it and their reply was:

-Do I need to send a certified photocopy of my passport to
    SAAS? (or anything else?)

-No you do not need to send this information into us if you are an EU
    national and have never lived anywhere other than the EU.

I'm an EU national but have been abroad for 21 months as gap year! Is that changing anything??? I mean I still had my home adress at my parents but I lived and worked abroad! Ahhhh confused!! Heeelp please :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys and girls, im in Ayr, looking forward to starting at Uni of West Scotland in the morning! I left this whole SAAS thing a bit late, only applied for my tuition fees about two weeks ago, Im an EU student, from Ireland. The uni says I should have proof of my application and they will hold out for my award until november, does that mean printing off the reply I got to my email and bringing it into registration??! Any help appreciated, thanks folks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talkshowhostess)
    Hey guys and girls, im in Ayr, looking forward to starting at Uni of West Scotland in the morning! I left this whole SAAS thing a bit late, only applied for my tuition fees about two weeks ago, Im an EU student, from Ireland. The uni says I should have proof of my application and they will hold out for my award until november, does that mean printing off the reply I got to my email and bringing it into registration??! Any help appreciated, thanks folks!!
    The university should accept anything you have that confirms SAAS will be paying your fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talkshowhostess)

I'm at UWS in Paisley. If you log into the SAAS site, click on Make a Student Award Application and then click on View Application there is a pdf file of the application which you can print off. I took that to enrolment and they just had a look at it, took my application number and told me to take my award to the finance office once it arrives.

ReputationRep:
    Word of advice for anyone struggling with the SAAS: if you're anywhere near or can get to Edinburgh, try to go to along to the SAAS office at Edinburgh Park. I've been trying to contact them by phone and email for the past couple of weeks so went along in person (without an appointment since I couldn't get through) and the staff on the reception desk were very helpful. They probably helped more people during the short time I was there than the helpline ever does.

ReputationRep:
    They're all retards

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who applied to SAAS in time and received confirmation letters and all that jazz - have you received full funding? My grant has gone in but not my loan, buggered me up big time. Anyone else have the same problem? I've not had any communication about it being late anything, which is moronic imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beaker)
    For those of you who applied to SAAS in time and received confirmation letters and all that jazz - have you received full funding? My grant has gone in but not my loan, buggered me up big time. Anyone else have the same problem? I've not had any communication about it being late anything, which is moronic imo.
    I've had both of mine go in, be it three days apart though. It was my loan that went in last so give it a few days and hopefully you'll get it.

ReputationRep:
    I havent got my loan yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanybob)
    I havent got my loan yet
    At all? Did you apply on time?

I applied on time and my first payment was late but recieved further payments on time. Give them a wee call if you applied on time and have had confirmation of everything, perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanybob)
    I havent got my loan yet
    Give them a phone to see whats happening. I got my second payment in but a couple of friends are still waiting for their first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beaker)
    At all? Did you apply on time?

I applied on time and my first payment was late but recieved further payments on time. Give them a wee call if you applied on time and have had confirmation of everything, perhaps.
    Yep, I applied on time, got confirmation and all that jazz... I'm waiting on my bank to confirm that they havent screwed up (which I suspect they might well have) before I pester saas. I've been having a fair few problems with my account recently...

ReputationRep:
    Hi can someone please clarify the deadline date for being classed as handing your SAAS application in on time? I applied on the 8th of Sept and have recieved no correspondance from SAAS or SLC. SLC said they havent recieved my loan application as of a couple of days ago and SAAS are a joke to get hold of on the phone, iv called them every other day for the past 2 weeks and it doesnt even get to an automated service just get "ring ring... lines are busy" also emailed them 2 weeks ago which they have not got back to me on yet. Anyone else still having this hassle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKork)
    Hi can someone please clarify the deadline date for being classed as handing your SAAS application in on time? I applied on the 8th of Sept and have recieved no correspondance from SAAS or SLC. SLC said they havent recieved my loan application as of a couple of days ago and SAAS are a joke to get hold of on the phone, iv called them every other day for the past 2 weeks and it doesnt even get to an automated service just get "ring ring... lines are busy" also emailed them 2 weeks ago which they have not got back to me on yet. Anyone else still having this hassle?
    Yep there slippery *******s to get a hold of! Forget the emails they will never reply ring and as soon as you get through just stay there they will eventually pick up! They will be backlogged with applications, sorry I have no idea of the deadline and im sure you have already checked the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKork)
    you can check the progress of your application by logging into your account on the SAAS website.

Latest info from SAAS website:

We are working on general undergraduate applications received on 22 July. We are currently processing applications from undergraduates studying outside Scotland and NMSB applications submitted since mid-August.

We are currently prioritising applications with the earliest course start dates. If you are a continuing student and you submitted your application by 30 June 2010, we guarantee your award will be in place for the start of your course. To date, we have received 139,246 applications for support and have processed 117,551.

We received 89,890 applications by the 30 June “Guarantee Date”.

I would monitor the progress at http://www.saas.gov.uk/student_suppo...ion_latest.htm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.