And I wouldn't mind a few :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ive just given you your second red gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Does that sentence make sense...?
    Surely it should be
    'That would change were I able to...'
    Nope; that actually would make no grammatical sense.

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to him. He's pissed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Nope; that actually would make no grammatical sense.
    It makes more grammatical sense than the original comment. Although the sentence is gramatically correct, it does not makes sense in the context in which you have put it.

Sorry, I'm not really awake at the mo.

ReputationRep:
    Marvellous; I'd dare say it's high time that we curbed inflation around here.

Apropos, you may wish also to 'default' the following members:

6+6=6
    Blissy
    Daveo
    Devilbunny
    Ditzy
    Flukey
    Juno
    Juuerou_chou
    LPK
    MattG
    pikaboo
    Ramroff
    Ron
    Saffie
    Shauniemac
    tis me lord

(More to come.)
    are you suggesting i'm a rep whore?

I never get rep, idiot.

And why should it be set to default? I use my rep kindly on newbies most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    It makes more grammatical sense than the original comment. Although the sentence is gramatically correct, it does not makes sense in the context in which you have put it.
    Yes, it does; in fact, it is grammatically perfect. I would that you read more (widely).

(Original post by Saffie)
    are you suggesting i'm a rep whore?

I never get rep, idiot.
    Now, why on Earth would you state something so patently false? I mean, what are you; insane?

Regardless: at least two of the posters in this thread have proved themselves completely alien to the concept of 'irony'; but then, given the 'two' in question, I should really have expected no less.

'Stfu', indeed.

Right, I'm off to bed; to sleep off this alcohol-induced malaise. A bientôt, w*nkers. (No offence meant, et cetera.)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it does; in fact, it is grammatically perfect. I would that you read more (widely).
    OK, surely the word 'suggest' goes in that sentence somewhere? :confused:

I love the way Profesh always edits his posts to add longer words. :p:

ReputationRep:
    He does? Thesaurus (sp) lover!

Well... sometimes I'll read his post and then a minute later it'll be 5 words longer but with no extra content, just... waffling.

ReputationRep:
    And then waffling with incredibly long and confusing words so no one can understand him . Makes me feel clever if I know a word. Thank you Profesh for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    ahaha I didnt know that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Not 'to add longer words' as such. Rather, I'm simply too anal not to vacillate implacably (even, after the fact) over what are for most other people utterly trifling issues of syntax, metre, and lexicology; punctuation is by far the most persistent offender.

ReputationRep:
    Now, why on Earth would you state something so patently false? I mean, what are you; insane?

Regardless: at least two of the posters in this thread have proved themselves completely alien to the concept of 'irony'; but then, given the 'two' in question, I should really have expected no less.

'Stfu', indeed.

Right, I'm off to bed; to sleep off this alcohol-induced malaise. A bientôt, w*nkers. (No offence meant, et cetera.)
    What are you; :rolleyes: stupid?
    Oh no! Your intention was to make me look stupid? It's just a bit random (well, that and inherently rude, but I'm trying to be nice here (you might want to try that sometime)), when you know nothing about me, and when in actual fact, I am far from it. :cool:

And if you actually did not understand my previous post, I suggest you google "Asperger's Syndrome" and see your doctor, or get out more.

ReputationRep:
    What are you; :rolleyes: stupid?
    Oh no! Your intention was to make me look stupid? It's just a bit random (well, that and inherently rude, but I'm trying to be nice here (you might want to try that sometime)), when you know nothing about me, and when in actual fact, I am far from it. :cool:
    I had considered furnishing you with a definition of 'hypocrisy', but I recognise now that such is no longer to be necessary.

And if you actually did not understand my previous post, I suggest you google "Asperger's Syndrome" and see your doctor, or get out more.
    I suggest that you grow up, develop a sense of humour, and cease wasting my time. If nothing else, the abiding 'irony' and 'hypocrisy' here vests with those aforementioned posts; although, that being said, I am obligated nevertheless to concede a prevailing naïveté inherent in the expectation that you would construe my 'black-list' after the fashion in which it was actually intended (given your demonstrated lack of comprehension in prior instances). Honestly, nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    I had considered furnishing you with a definition of 'hypocrisy', but I recognise now that such is no longer to be necessary.

I suggest that you grow up, develop a sense of humour, and cease wasting my time. If nothing else, the abiding 'irony' and 'hypocrisy' here vests with those aforementioned posts; although, that being said, I am obligated nevertheless to concede a prevailing naïveté inherent in the expectation that you would construe my 'black-list' after the fashion in which it was actually intended (given your demonstrated conceit in prior instances). Honestly, nevermind.
    I am well aware of said definitions, If you insist on teaching me something- teach me something I don't know. *sigh* I miss Vienna. Besides, no one is forcing you to reply, maybe you should learn to take some responsibility for your actions (and therefore your time use). :rolleyes:
    What you are interpreting as conceit is just realism, but you know nothing about me, so you could at least quit making false assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    I am well aware of said definitions, If you insist on teaching me something- teach me something I don't know. *sigh* I miss Vienna.
    I was conferring a certain benefit-of-doubt; however, as it stands, you have (at best) succeeded in demonstrating nothing save for your own lack of perspicacity.

Besides, no one is forcing you to reply, maybe you should learn to take some responsibility for your actions (and therefore your time use). :rolleyes:
    I prefer not to leave matters unresolved, where at all possible; again, chalk this down to anal-retention. However, where at all possible, I would also that such resolution be accomplished without recourse to ad hominem impertinences; such as have been brought to bear by your good self.

What you are interpreting as conceit is just realism, but you know nothing about me, so you could at least quit making false assumptions.
    What you have (mis)construed for 'false assumptions' are, in fact, mere hyperbole; although, that said, I should deem such to be perfectly rational in light of the evidence to-hand.

I never get rep.
    So much for 'realism'.

ReputationRep:
    Come on peeps, I was only asking about golden gems....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.