Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :eek: what are you implying?! surely not! imo geeks arent that bad. to be very honest i have quite geeky tendencies, my whole sarcasm thing reminds me of the comic book guy from the Simpsons a lot. But i am not going to change that just because it might get me labelled as a geek, its what im comfortable with. As long as you stand up for what you believe in i will respect you no matter if it be a sport, music or Star Trek. What i dont like are people who are not happy with themselves deep down yet dont put in any effort to change. yes i know its hard to change when other people have this perception of you as a "geek" already but that's what uni's all about. you get a fresh start. if people do not take this opportunity to better themselves IN WHATEVER FASHION SUITS THEM and continue to lead a lifestyle which they do not truly like at uni then they get no respect from me.

PS the term unsociable is very subjective, just because someone dosent seem sociable to you dosent mean they are like this to everyone, im sure they are very sociable in front of others, everyone has something to talk about be it the football :p: or how to train up a lvl 70 weedle (:p: again!)

PPS when i say "you" i dont mean you personally viv! think of it as ihr rather than du (im using German btw if you were confused) sorry, im in a serious mood today. Geez my moodswings just come at me like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeniev)
    people are expressing their views on this newspaper thing with an editor named Felix who describes Imperial as the place for unsociable geeks. :s: how annoying.
    The newspaper is called felix...not the editor, he's called Rupert

ReputationRep:
    Okay, calm it Caretaker :rolleyes: lol

Btw, to get this thread back to topic again - I finally got my accomodation letter! So, d'you reckon I should put Imperial College Halls in London as my first choice? And what do you think of Wye?

ReputationRep:
    sorry, felt like a bit of a rant that day. anyway the accomodation letter, i got one yesterday but for section A they just filled in my name by hand and left everything else blank for me to fill in whereas its apparently supposed to be filled in for you electronically and typed. Was yours hand written too?

ReputationRep:
    well, mine was typed... weird really. :s:

ReputationRep:
    hmm... they probably just dont like me then...

ReputationRep:
    lol! maybe they don't... :hahaha:

nah, am kidding. So what did you put as your first choice about hall preferences?

ReputationRep:
    i havent completed it yet but i think ill go for in decending order of preference single self catered, single ensuite, single catered, double self catered, double ensuite, double catered and triple.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is a double? Is a double twice the size or with two people?

ReputationRep:
    with two people. after living at boarding school i tell you you do not want to be sharing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiderBoy)
    Nope, If the bouncers are actually checking they do not have to let you in at all....Don't assume that because you are a student they have to let you in, I'm afraid national Law still maintains precedent.
    They don't check, I just said that. Obviously if you're 17 and ID'd you'd be stuffed. But they just ask for a student card. Always. And if you have ID but no student card, you don't get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Caretaker)
    with two people. after living at boarding school i tell you you do not want to be sharing!
    Yeah, I've just sent mine off with preference to be single, but double non-ensuite over single ensuite and am kind of regretting it. I mean, it looks like around £60 in the difference and I'm not worried about not getting on with my roomate, but I've just been thinking about all the limits it must place on your activities...

ReputationRep:
    I put the single ensuite really low down in the order of my preferences, because the two halls that are really far away are exclusively single ensuite. The catered options were my first two choices because I can't cook and also all catered accomodation is on the South Kensington campus. I hope my attempt to play this accomodation lottery works.

ReputationRep:
    i can't cook either, think i'll just find someone who can and nab all their food :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    yep, i put down as my first choice single catered as its near the campus( I dont want to cook..) and then single standard,,, En suite rooms are a very risky choice as near the campus(where i want to be) theres only BEit hall wich I suppose its difficult to get in(lottery!)...its more probable to be near the campus by being in a single room. Imagine being on picadiilly court or Orient House...it would be horrible to go every day to the campus as its soo far away..

ReputationRep:
    I can't cook either, but I plan on buying cheap food in the first month and burning a lot of it. Experience is a harsh master and all that, I don't like the idea of having all my food done for me, means I get no choice in what to eat or how to prepare it. Plus it's less fun.

ReputationRep:
    I was seeking advice on accomodation. Will I get single catered at Imperial if i tick that as my preference? What are the chances i will have to share? Should I go for Imperial or Intercollegitae? and why is imperial so much more expensive? Finally, when ticking my preferences for halls i assume 1 is my preference and 7 my least preferred...

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cristobal)
    I was seeking advice on accomodation. Will I get single catered at Imperial if i tick that as my preference? What are the chances i will have to share? Should I go for Imperial or Intercollegitae? and why is imperial so much more expensive? Finally, when ticking my preferences for halls i assume 1 is my preference and 7 my least preferred...

thanks
    Hi Cristobal,

I hope you do get your first preference but I fear that it's not written in stone. I don't really know the answers to your other questions except that 1 is your preference and 7 your least preferred.

ReputationRep:
    Preferences are what they are - preferences. There isn't really any promise that you'll get anything. Imperial residences are muuuch closer to Imperial, but intercollegiate have people from different unis which is good in a way. Imperial ones are more expensive because of the area and (personally, after having seen a few intercollegiate rooms) they are slightly better.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else not gotten their accomodation form yet? should i be calling imperial if i still havent got it within the next week. I also had accepted imperial as my firm in early april, and they acknowledged my acceptance in late april-early may and still no accomodation forms.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.