Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When do results come out?

ReputationRep:
    I think its the 17th August for A levels

ReputationRep:
    scary stuff!!! that day could be either the best EVER! or....well...lets not go down that road :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    18th of August - a day that will go down in history...

I hear that you can log on to UCAS early in the morning to see if you've made your offer or not. Does it change to conditional to successful or something? Or do they just play the Funeral March if you don't make your offer ?

*edit* I lie, its the 17th. And someone got there before me and said it. So the point of this post is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_belle)
    18th of August - a day that will go down in history...

I hear that you can log on to UCAS early in the morning to see if you've made your offer or not. Does it change to conditional to successful or something? Or do they just play the Funeral March if you don't make your offer ?
    :rofl: very appropriate!

do you know what time in the morning it comes up on UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    I vaguely remember being told that they shut UCAS like the night before to stop you doing that, but not sure. However I do know of people who got phoned before they left to collect results by universities telling them they still got in despite missing grades.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i would guess that they do shut it down....or people would be ringing 'clearing' up really early and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Although....I'd hate seeing Unsuccessful next to Oxford University...

SO SCARY - I'm going to be bricking it on the 17th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Hmm, my first exam is English, Che, June 12th... are you doing AQA? Then i have four more exams that week, five the next week, and my final English paper and two AEA's taking me up to June 29th. Fun all the way!
    Yeah, I'm doing AQA. Which texts are you doing for Unit 5? And you're doing Unseen, right? That's the scary bit isnt it...

(Original post by Che!)
    And you're doing Unseen, right? That's the scary bit isnt it...
    You joke, surely? That's the bit we do no work for! Easy! :p:

(Speaking as a WJEC candidate, mind. God knows how little faith they have in our English papers, if they feel they have to send them to the Welsh to be marked.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    (Speaking as a WJEC candidate, mind. God knows how little faith they have in our English papers, if they feel they have to send them to the Welsh to be marked.)
    lol!

My first exam is English AS on the 26th May (I think), thanks to my school english faculty's BLOODY STUPID policy of doing the A-level as a two year course...so for the last three weeks ive been revising stuff I haven't studied for about 18 months...argh.

On a more optimistic note, English will not matter as I will be defeated by the trig identities in C3 anyway, so I don't have to worry about it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Che!)
    Although....I'd hate seeing Unsuccessful next to Oxford University...

SO SCARY - I'm going to be bricking it on the 17th
    :dito:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Che!)
    Yeah, I'm doing AQA. Which texts are you doing for Unit 5? And you're doing Unseen, right? That's the scary bit isnt it...
    We're doing the all-exams specification (BLOODY English teachers). I'm doing Othello and An Evil Cradling compared with the Woman in White (why???).

We're doing the all-exams specification (BLOODY English teachers).
    Don't knock it! I'd love all-exams, it's this bloody feminised* (coursework-based) curriculum wasting my time with coursework drafts.

*Controversial!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't knock it! I'd love all-exams, it's this bloody feminised* (coursework-based) curriculum wasting my time with coursework drafts.

*Controversial!

Am I bovvered though? Does my post look bovvered, Peter? D'you think I'm bovvered?!?

Am I bovvered though? Does my post look bovvered, Peter? D'you think I'm bovvered?!?
    Arrrgh!

The 2 + 2 = 5 rules of comic referencing

Good:
    The Office
    I'm Alan Partridge
    Seinfeld

Bad:
    The Catherine Tate Show
    Little Britain

&c.

Only quote the good ones, 'cos the bad ones just aren't funny.

:p:

/offtopicrant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Arrrgh!

Good:
    The Office
    I'm Alan Partridge
    Seinfeld

Bad:
    The Catherine Tate Show
    Little Britain

&c.

/offtopicrant
    See, that's what all my male friends say (who aren't gay). Men just don't appreciate Lauren the Teenager!

ReputationRep:
    Economics is the one thats going to get me. Anyone have an particularly hated/feared exams coming up?

ReputationRep:
    Physics synoptic. When you hear that someone ran screaming from an exam and is now in a secure mental facility, it was me, it was physics synoptic and it was because there was an entire 12 mark question on the spark chamber.

ReputationRep:

Good:
    The Office
    I'm Alan Partridge
    Seinfeld

Bad:
    The Catherine Tate Show
    Little Britain

&c.

/offtopicrant
    Completely agree with that, though maybe add Peep Show, the Fast Show and Harry Enfield to the Good (apart from Kevin, who is now a cliche).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.