Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did it ever occur to you that some people ENJOY giving oral sex??

I see no way in which it is degrading unless it is physically or emotionally forced on the person that is doing it.

Blackmailing someone onto doing it?? Yes.
    Making them feel emotionally insecure in the relationship so they feel they have to do it?? Yes.
    Physically pushing them down there?? Yes.
    Letting someone because they WANT to pleasure you?? No. Not at all.

[EDIT] - By the way, if I was your girlfriend and I went to give you a blow job and you stopped me and said 'no', I'd be pretty pissed off, to say the least, because I only do things I want to. And I presume most girls are the same.

I talked to her about it after i started this thread and asked her why she never asked me, she told me that she would prefer i did not but would accept if i really wanted to and that she never directly asked me because she thought we had an unspoken understanding... then she asked me, and i said i felt the same way.

...and fyi... she is ideal.

I dont always have to experiment to know if i want something or not (eg food so far i have been able to tell, but then pressure from people around me say things like how do you know till you try it! ...and i end cringing while i eat or spit it out). But i dont think that i would enjoy it because i dont agree with it principly

(Original post by El Scotto)

The mouth is a sexual place. You kiss dont ya?
    thats more passionate isnt it?

(Original post by LiverSwings)
    Did it ever occur to you that some people ENJOY giving oral sex??

I see no way in which it is degrading unless it is physically or emotionally forced on the person that is doing it.

Blackmailing someone onto doing it?? Yes.
    Making them feel emotionally insecure in the relationship so they feel they have to do it?? Yes.
    Physically pushing them down there?? Yes.
    Letting someone because they WANT to pleasure you?? No. Not at all.

[EDIT] - By the way, if I was your girlfriend and I went to give you a blow job and you stopped me and said 'no', I'd be pretty pissed off, to say the least, because I only do things I want to. And I presume most girls are the same.
    we've already gone over that somewhere in the past 4 pages...actually this has developed quite fast ~ sorry im not going to search for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'd like to think I give oral sex with the same amount of passion as I kiss.

Anything you do that you want to do with someone you're attracted to is passionate.

ReputationRep:

Its still sexual, though I dont know how old you are so arnt really going to continue this conversation further lol

ReputationRep:
    we've already gone over that somewhere in the past 4 pages...actually this has developed quite fast ~ sorry im not going to search for it.
    But can you breifly explain to me why you would see it as degrading if there are two people who WANT it to happen??

I'd like to think I give oral sex with the same amount of passion as I kiss.

Anything you do that you want to do with someone you're attracted to is passionate.
    sorry what i meant the act of kissing would be described more as passionate rather than sexual.

ReputationRep:
    And on the dominant submissive thing, surely the partner giving oral sex is dominant, as they are controlling when and how the other is getting pleasure, and can stop at any point they want. They are also in a position to do some serious damage, another factor of their 'control' and therefore dominance.
    Exactly. I imagine that it takes a certain amount of trust for a man to put himself in such a potentially vulnerable position - hence the balance of power is just the opposite of what people sometimes assume, i.e. the power/control arguably lies with the woman, not the man. How can that be degrading for the woman, in a situation where both parties are fully consenting adults?

ReputationRep:
    Threadstarter - I think you have some issues that you blates need to get over. Oral sex is not immoral/common/cheap/degrading or wtfeva and everybody does it, it's just that nobody (apart from me :rolleyes: ) talks about it.

what are you talking about just because everyones doing it, doesnt mean he and his girlfriend should, he doesn't need to get over anything. a few people have said they think its degrading too, im not sure where i would stand...

I respect him for having those beliefs though.

ReputationRep:
    Plus, being turned town would be a little humiliating.

refer to post number 82.

ReputationRep:
    sorry what i meant the act of kissing would be described more as passionate rather than sexual.
    Meh. Not really. But that is personal opinion I suppose.

i dunno, i think its more passionate actually, but can easily lead to sexual stimulation, but thats nitpicking really.

ReputationRep:
    Re: kissing

It all depends on how you do it. I think that passionate kissing has a sexual dimention...we really are nitpicking here.

ReputationRep:
    i was shocked to see a guy say he'd never want his g/f to give him head.
    thats so weird.
    i thought guys loved blowjobs and it was just about all they think about haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day if both parties want it, then what's wrong with it??

It becomes degrading when one of the people involved doesn't want it I suppose.

i think thats more sexual assault...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.