?
Report 6 years ago
they are really friendly. Just smile and be yourself
Divingbrit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Attitude is as important as your answers, Passion is good!
Divingbrit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Job Interview Tips

When asked what your weaknesses are, say Ryan Gosling. It’ll break the ice. Then say ‘persistent lateness’ or something.

Bring a box to the interview, point at it and say “I do all my thinking outside of that.” Then open some champagne.

When asked if you want anything to drink, say “Just a glass of job please!” Then laugh for 15 minutes. No less.

When shown to the interview room, walk further up the corridor & say “I always go the extra mile!” Then click your heels.

Show you give 110% by pouring 10% too much water into your glass. Smile knowingly.

Wear a sock puppet on one hand, make it whisper in your ear and say “What’s that, Mr Wuzzles? I seem ideal for the job?”

Loosen your tie as you enter & say “Phew! Is it me or did it get 100% more dynamic in here?” Then reverse high five them.

When they ask if you got here all right, reply “I always succeed in getting to where I’m going” then punch a nearby door.

Tell them you won’t need a lunch hour because you’re powered by results. Then make a powerboat noise for about 8 minutes.

Unbutton your shirt to reveal a Superman ‘S’ & say “Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s increased productivity!”

Dress as an American footballer to show you’re a team player. And have ‘Sustained Growth’ written on your football.

Say “I hope to become part of the furniture here.” Then crouch into a ball pretending to be a pouffe & never move again.

Show you’re a fast learner by wearing an L plate round your neck & a Usain Bolt face-mask. Don’t speak. They’ll get it.

When asked if YOU have a question, reply “Where do you see YOURSELF in 5 years’ time, nosey?” Laugh. Pass around some mints.

When asked where you see yourself in 5 years, say “owner of a B&B for cats” and tap your nose like you know the market.

Produce 2 cans of Dr Pepper & push one over to your interviewer. Then break open yours & say to them “Virgo. Am I right?”

Give your interviewer a hollow pork pie. Then lean back and say “That’s your company - I’m your pork.”

Hire a billboard across the road from the interview room that shows you wrestling a bear. Point to it occasionally.

Get a friend to call you during the interview and say “I can’t talk now, I’m on a date. With destiny!” then wink at them.

Guarantee a second interview by wearing clown shoes at the first interview and not mentioning it until the second interview.

If they extend their hand for you to shake, enclose it in your hands and say “Look! A hand-sandwich! I need this job.”

Know the interviewer’s name and use it during the interview. If you’re not sure what it is, call them “Jobsy” or “Jobbo”.

When asked where you see yourself in five years’ time, make your gas-filled chair rise above them and say “Here, Dawg.”

Tattoo your limitations down one arm. Interviewers admire honesty.

As you walk to the interview room with the interviewer, try to make small talk such as “You look like my real father.”
Caitlin_dj
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I applied for Sports Services and Spectator Services but my interview (September) is for Protocol - has anyone else been interview for this area?
Divingbrit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Caitlin_dj)
I applied for Sports Services and Spectator Services but my interview (September) is for Protocol - has anyone else been interview for this area?
I did that at the Olympics,you will enjoy it, I think it was the best role going .
Caitlin_dj
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Divingbrit)
I did that at the Olympics,you will enjoy it, I think it was the best role going .
You're so lucky I would have loved to volunteer at the Olympics! I went to a few events the atmosphere was just amazing What did you end up doing for Protocol?
Divingbrit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What did you end up doing for Protocol?
Protocol is helping , in my case the Olympic family, and the VIPS, which included all the Royal family's of Europe and Michelle Obama, in your case it might well be our Royal Family, and all the Heads of the commonwealth, you supply all the help and information they require, (normally, where are the loos?, and where is my transport to the next event!?)
Homeboy Hotel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Still not even heard about an interview yet, I think they don't want me...
Divingbrit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From the info we received last week, only half of the interviews have so far been completed, Its a very big job, and at least a third of those who will be required have not yet been given an interview date. And while most will have heard by the end of the year, others will not get invited until well into 2014, Patience is a must for a volunteer, ask anyone who checked daily, if not hourly for their invite to 2012, (I could almost check my email when asleep I did it so many times)
Homeboy Hotel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From the info we received last week, only half of the interviews have so far been completed, Its a very big job, and at least a third of those who will be required have not yet been given an interview date. And while most will have heard by the end of the year, others will not get invited until well into 2014, Patience is a must for a volunteer, ask anyone who checked daily, if not hourly for their invite to 2012, (I could almost check my email when asleep I did it so many times)

That is reassuring, thanks!
Kenneth1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Got my interview for protocol on Friday 13th! When's yours? I didn't apply for it either but after looking up what it involved I'm really keen to do it
Logan5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just had my interview and am so keen to take part! However I live in England and have been desperately seeking accommodation, but everywhere I try has been fully booked already! I've tried b&bs, hostels, Uni digs, even holiday inn and premier inn without success! anyone else in the same boat? Anyone got tips for where else I should try?
maryjane11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Logan5)
I just had my interview and am so keen to take part! However I live in England and have been desperately seeking accommodation, but everywhere I try has been fully booked already! I've tried b&bs, hostels, Uni digs, even holiday inn and premier inn without success! anyone else in the same boat? Anyone got tips for where else I should try?
I've just booked my interview but if I can't sort out any reasonable accommodation then I won't be ale to do it! I really want to be apart of it too! It would be such a waste of an opportunity!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Logan5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maryjane11)
I've just booked my interview but if I can't sort out any reasonable accommodation then I won't be ale to do it! I really want to be apart of it too! It would be such a waste of an opportunity!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I do find somewhere I'll mention it on here. Good luck
MKennedy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by clarrison96)
I have an interview for Spectator services on Friday, anyone else going? I am quite nervous for the interview and I'm wondering what the "experience" is! What would you suggest to wear? Because I didn't want to go formal, but jeans can't be okay can they..? Has anyone done the interview already?
I have an interview for Spectator Services next week! I'm so nervous! I have no idea what to expect, it's hard to know when they're saying it's so informal!
Divingbrit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MKennedy)
I have an interview for Spectator Services it's hard to know when they're saying it's so informal!
Go with a big smile, remember what inspired you to apply, and think of a good turn you have done for a stranger, and you will be half way there :-0)
Divingbrit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maryjane11)
but if I can't sort out any reasonable accommodation then I won't be ale to do it!

]
Almost all of us are in the same boat, go for your interview and worry about the accommodation when you get an offer, then you will know where you will be expected to work and things might be clearer.
MKennedy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Go with a big smile, remember what inspired you to apply, and think of a good turn you have done for a stranger, and you will be half way there :-0)
Ok Thank you! It would be so exciting to be part of the action
jameskharade
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had my interview today, was so nervous, but overall it was good, not too formal. Just some smart jeans and a polo shirt will do, the interviewers wear a polo shirt as well. They are all very friendly and welcoming, and will freely come over and chat while you wait for your interview.

The interview was slightly more challenging than I expected, consisting of questions such as 'Where have you shown leadership and strong teamwork, and how did you show it?', and 'Who have you met that was difficult to get on with and how did you solve the problem'. Basically, they just want to know you can communicate with others and help them at the games. Most people are in the same boat as you so there's nothing really to worry about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Caitlin_dj
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kenneth1)
Got my interview for protocol on Friday 13th! When's yours? I didn't apply for it either but after looking up what it involved I'm really keen to do it
Mine is on Thursday 12th I'm excited for it although I haven't really started preparing yet. It looks like a great area to be involved with though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (73)
23.93%
No (232)
76.07%

Watched Threads