Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyCripps)
    Hey! I am doing the foundation course starting in August, I have booked a place at Liberty Park what about you?
    Oh good! Well I have signed up to stay there, just need to find out if I have a place there. Have you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    On Ucas it says the Graphic design course starts on the 16th Sept, when is it for everyone else going to LCA? And is that when we will need to be in leeds for freshers? does anyone know??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriella-Sophia)
    Oh good! Well I have signed up to stay there, just need to find out if I have a place there. Have you heard back?

Yeah and I've put down my deposit and now I have been invited to a Liberty Park mixing day event on 1st July. I hope you get a place! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LStronach)
    On Ucas it says the Graphic design course starts on the 16th Sept, when is it for everyone else going to LCA? And is that when we will need to be in leeds for freshers? does anyone know??
    i think everyone starts on the 16th but i didn't know whether the 16th was the start of the course or start of freshers, i have no idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyCripps)
    Yeah and I've put down my deposit and now I have been invited to a Liberty Park mixing day event on 1st July. I hope you get a place! X
    Oh gosh! I hope I can get a place. I only sent in my form last week which isn't so great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblears94)
    Hi, I firmed my choice for fashion concepts and communication at Leeds college of art and booked accommodation at broadcasting towers. my friends who already live in leeds say its one of the nicest places to live just incase you were stuck on accommodation choices is any body else doing fashion?

I'm doing the concepts and communication at LCA too, living in IQ though!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied for accommodation and not heard back yet? I'm getting a bit worried seeing as other people have already heard back..

ReputationRep:
    Gabriella-Sophia,

I got sent a letter about two weeks ago about accomodation and replied the same day stating my preferences only to find out on Monday that Liberty Park and Carlton Hill are both full for LCoA students. However I had to contact LCoA myself as they didnt actually tell me this. So i had to go through Liberty Living independently and sort out my own accomodation. So maybe you should ring Student Services...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sian_elle)
    I'm doing the concepts and communication at LCA too, living in IQ though!
    I'm doing design and realisation and I think I'm booking at IQ aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Leeds college of art in sept to study creative advertising, I see a lot of people have chosen the fashion route! Anyone else doing advertising?

Also I think I have a place at liberty park cause they received my deposit but I havnt been given a room number or anything yet, has anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evies)
    I'm going to Leeds college of art in sept to study creative advertising, I see a lot of people have chosen the fashion route! Anyone else doing advertising?

Also I think I have a place at liberty park cause they received my deposit but I havnt been given a room number or anything yet, has anyone else?
    I am doing Creative Advertising!, finally someone else, seems like everyone is doing fashion. I still need to get my grades though so I hope they will be sufficient for my offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipull)
    I am doing Creative Advertising!, finally someone else, seems like everyone is doing fashion. I still need to get my grades though so I hope they will be sufficient for my offer.
    Yay! I think there are quite a few people doing creative advertising, well thats what they said in my interview anyway. They must just be staying quiet about it on here! Lol.

Good luck with your results! Where are you staying?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Xyzarah is right - LCoA have filled their places for Liberty Park next year but if you contact us directly we have rooms available with other LCoA students.

If you need any help just contact us on 0113 243 3618

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evies)
    Yay! I think there are quite a few people doing creative advertising, well thats what they said in my interview anyway. They must just be staying quiet about it on here! Lol.

Good luck with your results! Where are you staying?
    thanks! So far I've only found one other person on facebook who's doing Creative Advertising so it's kinda weird that there aren't many people to be found. I think I'm gonna stay at IQ it looks nice and it's like a 15 min walk to the college so not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyzarah)
    Gabriella-Sophia,

I got sent a letter about two weeks ago about accomodation and replied the same day stating my preferences only to find out on Monday that Liberty Park and Carlton Hill are both full for LCoA students. However I had to contact LCoA myself as they didnt actually tell me this. So i had to go through Liberty Living independently and sort out my own accomodation. So maybe you should ring Student Services...
    Ah thanks. You'd think they'd tell people... Right, I shall get on it ASAP!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone studying fine art next year at LCA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyNicholls)
    I'm doing design and realisation and I think I'm booking at IQ aswell.
    Ah that's cool! I have a friend doing that pathway and a couple of girls il be living with are did you book with iq in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evies)

Im going to leeds college of art for creatie advertising too! (I know this is a late reply!
    although im either driving there or getting the train so no accommodation for me.
    I just want to hurry up and start now! I got a place last year and turnd it down for some stupid reason! So i guess ill see you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheyyyy)
    Im going to leeds college of art for creatie advertising too! (I know this is a late reply!
    although im either driving there or getting the train so no accommodation for me.
    I just want to hurry up and start now! I got a place last year and turnd it down for some stupid reason! So i guess ill see you there
    Oh cool! Yay there are some others after all! aha. Oh how come you're not staying in Leeds, is it far for you to travel?

Yeah I have had a gap year too, just needed a bit longer to decide what I wanted to do . Yes see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evies)
    Oh cool! Yay there are some others after all! aha. Oh how come you're not staying in Leeds, is it far for you to travel?

Yeah I have had a gap year too, just needed a bit longer to decide what I wanted to do . Yes see you there!

Sorry about the late reply! Im going to either drive or get the train because im only around 40 minutes away i know i should be going into my third year now! I didnt go to college straight from school and i have just done a year in hudd just want to hurry up and get it over with now haha
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.