Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huxley24)
    I've been accepted at BG over GTTR which I've accepted but not heard anything from BG about a doc checking day? I've also got to get my skills tests done yet. For those who have done them already, how much preparation did you put into revising for them?
    I have to admit I had to put a lot of effort into revising for them, but your mileage might vary. I found the literacy to be okay, but the maths, while not being particularly complicated, is tricky if you're not very fast. I haven't had to do anything maths related since GCSE!

I found this book invaluable as it teaches you all the quick methods. It's cheaper to download if you have a kindle or the kindle app. It's also got some literacy tests in, but I can't comment on that as I didn't use them. The Nintendo DS Brain Training game was actually the best thing though!

Really can't wait to meet you all.

ReputationRep:
    So confused, I think half this thread is Primary Education (the degree) as people are talking about needing 280 A level points and the other half is the PGCE? Lol.

Oooh huxley24, check out the QTS thread! Good tips!

ReputationRep:
    Yea I'm confused how the 2 groups have been combined :/ I'm going to be studying the primary ed degree with qts x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflem30)
    HEY! i have firmed BG too! have you passed your QTS tests?
    hey guys, sorry to be catching onto this thread so late...i have firmed BG too, primary ed is my insurance and drama and education is my first! it's so good to finally find people who are on the course....do any of you know if there's a facebook group for our freshers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddy Fox)
    hey guys, sorry to be catching onto this thread so late...i have firmed BG too, primary ed is my insurance and drama and education is my first! it's so good to finally find people who are on the course....do any of you know if there's a facebook group for our freshers?
    i've firmed bg too for primary ed i looked on Facebook but i couldn't find anything wish there was though cos then everyone could talk about which course they're on etc! are you staying in accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I've not come across a Facebook page but keep looking for primary ed. I'm sooooo excited!!! X

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have firmed BG lincoln too for primary education! 😃😃

ReputationRep:
    There's a freshers page on Facebook now bgsu welcome week xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toekneeleigh)
    There's a freshers page on Facebook now bgsu welcome week xx
    yeah, found that recently, thanks! the fresher's looks so good! so excited to start!

ReputationRep:
    Im starting at BGU in September studying Primary Education can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys had your letter from BG with the reading list, first project and equipment list? I received mine yesterday, it feels so real now eeeekk x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah got mine Wednesday, I know so excited now counting down the days till I start haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feeling really nervous but extremely excited now about starting. With commuting I'm not sure what parts of freshers week to go to yet. Would be good to meet some people on the primary ed degree course before we start If anyone else wants to? X

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, sorry i'm joining on so late...but I'm officially going to BG too studying Primary Ed this september!! absolutely buzzing!! I'm in to meeting people on the same course, would be fun! can anyone post a link to the facebook freshers week please? i cant find it! Thaaanks! X

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/252843104855781/

ReputationRep:
    That's the freshers week link xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toekneeleigh)
    That's the freshers week link xx
    Thankyou! Massive help! xx

ReputationRep:
    guys! i managed to get hold of the studen union to find out how much fresher's wristbands are, and they're only £15! :O how good is that?!

ReputationRep:
    Cool they can be purchase on the Wednesday can't they? X

ReputationRep:
    they can indeed xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.