Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: do you find girly girls attractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    And that's supposedly a good thing?
    Yes it is because its not a bad thing. I like people like that because I am like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just curious. I understand it's hard to define but do you mind if girls are really feminine? I'm currently single though I haven't had much of a problem finding a boyfriend before, but some guys I've dated (usually the more intellectual ones) have mentioned/hinted that they aren't so keen on someone girly for various reasons. I'm not particularly *****y or a drama queen but they seem to assume I'll be like that.

I'm pretty hard-working, well-read and love playing sports, but being feminine is who I am (my parents brought me up to be a tomboy and I kind of rebelled against that). Having said that, I'm not sure if my personality is putting off a lot of nice guys so is there anything unattractive about the below personality traits? I'm-

• very into fashion, slightly vain though don't wear make-up except on nights out. I'm "high-maintenance" in the sense that I put a lot of effort into my appearance but I'm not the type to tell a guy off for messing up my hair or something
    • into popular music and culture and tend to watch tv shows such as Gossip Girl
    • able to stand up for myself directly but often come across as quite emotional (e.g. I was watching one of my guy friends play rugby the other day, he got tackled and looked injured and I screamed and clapped my hand over my mouth)
    • not a big fan of chasing after guys and prefer to just be friends with them and let them express interest if they want, though I don't play games
    • very petite and usually wear dresses and skirts
    • friends with both guys and girls but (without sounding sexist) prefer to hang out with my female friends (and those who are equally girly) because we share interests like clothes/make-up etc.
    • more interested in talking about stuff like celebrity gossip and what's happening in my friend groups than stuff that's strictly academic, though I can hold my own in an academic conversation too (I'm president of the Model UN society)
    • get annoyed when girls say they get on better with guys "because there is less drama" - how can you be a girl and not respect your own gender?
    • play a lot of sports but most are stereotypically girly ones like dance and cheerleading (they offer it at my uni)
    • very active on FB etc. and am the sort of person who takes a lot of photos with my friends of us pouting and stuff and makes comments like "you look great babes x". I can speak with perfectly good grammar, though - I feel it's just part of the fun of being a girl

Thank you
    Which one are you OP?

(Original post by Dark Horse)
    Which one are you OP?

Haha trololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha trololol
    Are you the ginger one because of your intellectual/academic side?

ReputationRep:
    The Facebook thing would annoy me a bit, as would celebrity gossip if they tried to bring it up with me all the time as I don't give a ****.

Everything else sounds okay.....

Although considering I keep Tarantulas and have a huge transparent storage box on my chest of drawers with hundreds of not thousands of cockroaches in, a stereotypical girly girl is probably not for me.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.