x Turn on thread page Beta
Guys: do you find girly girls attractive? watch
- 28-03-2013 18:40
(Original post by Anonymous)
- 28-03-2013 19:24
I'm just curious. I understand it's hard to define but do you mind if girls are really feminine? I'm currently single though I haven't had much of a problem finding a boyfriend before, but some guys I've dated (usually the more intellectual ones) have mentioned/hinted that they aren't so keen on someone girly for various reasons. I'm not particularly *****y or a drama queen but they seem to assume I'll be like that.
I'm pretty hard-working, well-read and love playing sports, but being feminine is who I am (my parents brought me up to be a tomboy and I kind of rebelled against that). Having said that, I'm not sure if my personality is putting off a lot of nice guys so is there anything unattractive about the below personality traits? I'm-
- very into fashion, slightly vain though don't wear make-up except on nights out. I'm "high-maintenance" in the sense that I put a lot of effort into my appearance but I'm not the type to tell a guy off for messing up my hair or something
- into popular music and culture and tend to watch tv shows such as Gossip Girl
- able to stand up for myself directly but often come across as quite emotional (e.g. I was watching one of my guy friends play rugby the other day, he got tackled and looked injured and I screamed and clapped my hand over my mouth)
- not a big fan of chasing after guys and prefer to just be friends with them and let them express interest if they want, though I don't play games
- very petite and usually wear dresses and skirts
- friends with both guys and girls but (without sounding sexist) prefer to hang out with my female friends (and those who are equally girly) because we share interests like clothes/make-up etc.
- more interested in talking about stuff like celebrity gossip and what's happening in my friend groups than stuff that's strictly academic, though I can hold my own in an academic conversation too (I'm president of the Model UN society)
- get annoyed when girls say they get on better with guys "because there is less drama" - how can you be a girl and not respect your own gender?
- play a lot of sports but most are stereotypically girly ones like dance and cheerleading (they offer it at my uni)
- very active on FB etc. and am the sort of person who takes a lot of photos with my friends of us pouting and stuff and makes comments like "you look great babes x". I can speak with perfectly good grammar, though - I feel it's just part of the fun of being a girl
- Thread Starter
- 28-03-2013 21:12
- 28-03-2013 22:11
- 28-03-2013 22:18
The Facebook thing would annoy me a bit, as would celebrity gossip if they tried to bring it up with me all the time as I don't give a ****.
Everything else sounds okay.....
Although considering I keep Tarantulas and have a huge transparent storage box on my chest of drawers with hundreds of not thousands of cockroaches in, a stereotypical girly girl is probably not for me.