Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    How did you revise for your A psychology?
    Well, My school do the course backwards so i got the A in unit 2 and am sitting unit 1 in May.
    Unit 2 doesn't have as many studies as unit 1 so it's more about understanding/applying than name dropping. My school made us do every possible 12 marker that that could come up. If you can do a 12 marker on it (well),then you've already got the 8 marker, 6 marker, 4 marker and a 2 mark question covered by just removing some infomation.

If you're doing unit 1 like me, when looking through the developmental and cognitive topics always think about how the examiner could ask a research methods question on it.
    I made posters and mindmaps and notes and DID PAST PAPERS. Also all that stuff you learnt in unit 1 on memory improvement... apply it to your revision.
    Happy revising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    I love the look of
    Cambridge
    St. Andrews
    Nottingham
    Bristol
    Edinburgh
    Imperial

there's more I like but they are my top ones
    I am also hoping to apply for medicine, and it looks like my uni preferences are pretty similar; currently I'm thinking:
    Cambridge/Oxford (undecided)
    imperial
    exeter
    nottingham
    edinburgh

And then if not Oxbridge one of Kings, Durham or UCL

Did you do any January exams? If so how did they go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Personalized prospectus?!? Tell me more! XD )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it had my first name on the front cover and then on the spine too, and the letter on the inside was addressed to me - was yours not like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    I am also hoping to apply for medicine, and it looks like my uni preferences are pretty similar; currently I'm thinking:
    Cambridge/Oxford (undecided)
    imperial
    exeter
    nottingham
    edinburgh

And then if not Oxbridge one of Kings, Durham or UCL

Did you do any January exams? If so how did they go?
    Awesome

I didn't do any Jan exams, have them all in the summer

Did you have any?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome

I didn't do any Jan exams, have them all in the summer

Did you have any?
    I just had C1 which went pretty well! What board are you on for chem/bio?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to do a nursing degree and apply to:
    1. Nottingham
    2. Manchester
    3. Southampton
    4. Kings
    5. City

Going to all open days in June/July

ReputationRep:
    I just had C1 which went pretty well! What board are you on for chem/bio?
    OCR for chem and bio
    AQA for physics
    Edexcel for maths

I wish I could have done c1 in jan...would have been nice I kind of love maths...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    OCR for chem and bio
    AQA for physics
    Edexcel for maths

I wish I could have done c1 in jan...would have been nice I kind of love maths...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Same for Chemistry, Biology and Maths (assuming chemistry is A not salters)
    I'm loving it too right now and I never did in lower school! Taking C1 in jan is such a weight off my shoulders as I only need a B and a C in S1/C1 to get an A overall!

ReputationRep:
    Same for Chemistry, Biology and Maths (assuming chemistry is A not salters)
    I'm loving it too right now and I never did in lower school! Taking C1 in jan is such a weight off my shoulders as I only need a B and a C in S1/C1 to get an A overall!
    Wow that's fantastic well done What do you think you are you going to drop before A2?

ReputationRep:
    Woah - finally a thread that I can totally relate to!

Is anyone thinking of studying engineering? I'm thinking Civil/Environmental, or maybe even Geophysics to be a little different. I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography. Liking Maths at the moment, but Geography's awesome too!

My heart's set on Imperial

ReputationRep:
    Hey (: I'm in year 12, and hope to study Chemical Engineering. xD I think...Or maybe aeronautical engineering I'm pretty undecided yet though :s

I find it scary how everyone knows where they want to study, when I haven't even decided on a course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loua96)
    Woah - finally a thread that I can totally relate to!

Is anyone thinking of studying engineering? I'm thinking Civil/Environmental, or maybe even Geophysics to be a little different. I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography. Liking Maths at the moment, but Geography's awesome too!

My heart's set on Imperial
    Heey, I am!

I'm thinking Chemical/Aeronautical Engineering perhaps (:

ReputationRep:
    Economics at Uni, definitely looking at LSE, Cambridge, York, Manchester, Bristol and Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    Heey, I am!

I'm thinking Chemical/Aeronautical Engineering perhaps (:
    Oh hey!

Yay another engineer! Aeronautical sounds interesting too. Couldn't do Chemical, don't do Chemistry aha. Do you have any idea about which unis you want to go to?

ReputationRep:
    Oh hey!

Yay another engineer! Aeronautical sounds interesting too. Couldn't do Chemical, don't do Chemistry aha. Do you have any idea about which unis you want to go to?
    Yaay Haven't met any other year 12 future engineers yet :P

Not a clue, in all honestly. Although, I do like the look of Bath, Imperial, Nottingham, Birmingham, Loughborough and Warwick though xD How about you?

What A-levels do you take?

ReputationRep:
    Yaay Haven't met any other year 12 future engineers yet :P

Not a clue, in all honestly. Although, I do like the look of Bath, Imperial, Nottingham, Birmingham, Loughborough and Warwick though xD How about you?

What A-levels do you take?
    Neither have I! I guess we're a rare species, especially being female too...

Imperial's no. 1 for me, but I'm thinking about Cambridge, Oxford (need to decide which one though!), Manchester, UCL and maybe Birmingham. I think I have to reconsider though after my AS modules

I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Neither have I! I guess we're a rare species, especially being female too...

Imperial's no. 1 for me, but I'm thinking about Cambridge, Oxford (need to decide which one though!), Manchester, UCL and maybe Birmingham. I think I have to reconsider though after my AS modules

I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography. How about you?
    Haha, yeah. The girl: guy ratio at uni for our particular course isnt going to be too good either, I suspect.

Nice choices! Why? how did they go?

Awesome subjects xD I do biology, chemistry, physics, maths, spanish and art

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics, preferably an MMath (with a year abroad) at the following universities:
    -Durham
    -Manchester
    -Nottingham
    -Exeter
    -Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DakotaBlue)
    Yeah it had my first name on the front cover and then on the spine too, and the letter on the inside was addressed to me - was yours not like that?
    Naw I've only been looking at reading so far, Damn my disorgisation!
    Also gotta wait for the 2014 personalized prospectus since I'm guessing they aren't ready haha. Alwells I'm patient, nice area surrey I hear !
    What do you plan on studying?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah. The girl: guy ratio at uni for our particular course isnt going to be too good either, I suspect.

Nice choices! Why? how did they go?

Awesome subjects xD I do biology, chemistry, physics, maths, spanish and art

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suspect so, but it depends on whether you consider the high boy ratio a good thing or a bad thing

And the Maths ones went okay, but I got a C in my Physics module, and I'm totally kicking myself for it! Need to do better in the Summer, Imperial say that they don't like more than one or two resits! How'd yours go?

Thank you! Yours are cool too, very diverse which is a nice change

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.