Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your biggest regret about your schooling? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My subject choices for A Level apart from psychology.
    Drama was pointless, especially since I didn't do it for GCSE
    Human Biology. I did get an A in GCSE science, but I struggled for that, and an A in GCSE isn't much, really.
    English Language, I didn't even read about what was involved. It was so boring.

And not starting Violin until Year 9. So much lost time. D:

AND NOT GETTING INTO A REVISION ROUTINE. I know that if I revised more I could have done so much better in AS.

That's a lot of regrets. :/

ReputationRep:
    Not revising.

I was very arrogant and believed I knew far more than I did. I managed to get very good GCSEs without any revision and thought I could do the same at A Level. Apparently not. They weren't catastrophically bad, but this was back in the days when you did your exams at the end of two years (no modules, so there was little, if any, indication of your working level, and we didn't even do mocks). We didn't get the option of resits either, so the underachievement was quite final. The topics I chose were quite badly-matched to the kind of person I am, but that's a secondary regret.

All is rectified now, but it took part-time study to rectify it. And lots of revising. On the bright side, when uni came around I had a much better frame of mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    What didn't you like about college, and which one did you go to?
    I went to what is now called Salford City College. In all honesty, I went because all my friends went, which therefore meant I wasted first year messing around with them all. Pulled it back in second year with loads of resits and no social life, but the college environment didn't help either. It was so easy to just skive. There was never any homework, and never any consequences for missed coursework deadlines. I was basically incredibly lazy and got away with it due to the lack of discipline. Since I performed pretty well at GCSE (A*A*A*AAAABB) I think in hindsight, sixth form would have suited me more.

ReputationRep:
    Not trying hard enough in my Highers (Scottish equivalent to AS levels, I think) last year:

B - Maths
    B - English
    C - History
    D - Physics

Bottom two were my two best subjects. This is what happens when you get cocky and don't study enough

Still doing Advanced Higher Physics and Maths this year though, and I'm working my butt off for them.

ReputationRep:
    Not taking additional science at GCSE (I did core, additional was optional). Even worse, they said that I could have been eligible for triple science. I will always stand by that it was one of my biggest regrets in general, let alone schooling.

ReputationRep:
    Lol this is the defference between me and you guys

I've been street smart since an early age, i knew how insignificant high school was in comparison to college and uni, you know those mornings when you wake up and you don't wanna get out of bed bcoz it's so comfy?
    -Yeah i stayed in bed all those times, get up at about 11 and play xbox for the rest of the day

-If i didn't wanna do homework i'll just not do it, especially year 7-9

-"You shouldn't have you phone in class give it here" .. "Lol you feeling okay? why would i give you my phone" Then I get sent out and play games in the LRC till the lesson finished

-Me and my friends spent most of year 11 skiving last lessons or staying out after luch playing footy

Looking back highschool was one of the best times of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billton)
    I went to what is now called Salford City College. In all honesty, I went because all my friends went, which therefore meant I wasted first year messing around with them all. Pulled it back in second year with loads of resits and no social life, but the college environment didn't help either. It was so easy to just skive. There was never any homework, and never any consequences for missed coursework deadlines. I was basically incredibly lazy and got away with it due to the lack of discipline. Since I performed pretty well at GCSE (A*A*A*AAAABB) I think in hindsight, sixth form would have suited me more.
    I'm going to a sixth form college in September with about 1 person I know. All the rest who applied who I know didn't get in, the school had about 1600 applicants with only 500 spaces. It's a very, very high achieving college so hopefully the atmosphere and environment is okay!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.