The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uclan; adult nursing - sept 2013

Scroll to see replies

Hi my sister's older friend did a nursing course she stayed at Liberty Court they did a payment plan with her as you get a abursary or somthing don't you. Think it is only them that would let her pay in less instalments i would try them it is meant to be a really nice place to live too all ensuite. If i pass my course i will be going to look at the place for my accommodation
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by totaledhead
I was just offered a place for Adult Nursing this September! I'm really excited but I'm really worried about my finances. I'm from Ireland so I don't get the bursary, so I'm not too sure if I can afford campus accommodation straight off. Is anyone else going into private accommodation for first year? Any advice for a foreigner? :P

I m going to be living in the cosmopolitan moor lane private halls which are 72.50 a week(for a 50 week contract since 42 wouldnt be enough for the course) for a standard room.Brunel court is another cheap private halls,i think they only do en suite ones though but thats less than 90 a week
Reply 82
Original post by melissaann
Ive been accepted to do adult nursing in september too :smile: anyone else gunna be livin in Iq preston? And also anyone got their nhs bursary sorted yet? Xx

Hey im gna be at iq preston, flat 118 :smile:
Reply 83
Hiii,

i have recently applied for the pre reg nursing course starting in September (I know really late!) lol haven't heard back yet but was just wondering whether any one can give me any tips if I get offered an interview, so I can be prepared! Thanks! :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by emilyg1991
Hey im gna be at iq preston, flat 118 :smile:

Me too :smile:
Reply 85
Hi Emsmith257,

Im doing adult nursing starting In sept so have recently had the interview. You have a large group discussion, there was 35 in my group. They put up pics and you have discuss. They then have a small group discussion of about 6 people. They ask questions like why do you want to do nursing and what do you think the nursing role involes. You will then do a maths and english test. Then they will check you certificates and qualifications etc. Hope this helps
Reply 86
Hey guys I've also confirmed my uclan offer for adult nursing. :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by taylorelisha
Yaaay! and i've just got my offer for accommodation at IQ kopa, Flat 116 :biggrin:

i'm in 116 too! well hopefully if I get my grades that is :smile:
Hey got an unconditional offer for uclan and confirmed it thought id come on here to see who else is going. Also just had my DBS appointment today :-D
Reply 89
Hi i will be starting uclan in september to study adult nursing too are you living in? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending