Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1. Intelligence. Not necessarily Einstein, but talking to a brick wall is just never fun. If I can't sustain a conversation with someone they will never be more than a casual acquaintance I see occasionally with other people.

2. Looks - by this I mean my 'type' of looks. Taller, slim (but not necessarily size 0). Blonde is a preference but it's by no means a requirement. Basically, Emma Watson is proof of God's existence. Nothing that 10/10 exists by chance.

3. Sense of humour similar to mine. I'm a complete mix of childishness and wit. (If I may say so myself). I need humour to get me through my day - it's how I cope. A girl who didn't find the same things amusing as me would get tired of me very quickly.

4. Not overly religious. No necessarily an atheist, but pushy judgemental catholic or something that wants me to pray or whatever is a no-go.

5. Quiet, reserved, classy. Not super posh, but not too boisterous or over the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mf2004)
    Definitely don't agree: important yes but most important no, and I'm not lying
    Okay, what if a girl ticked all of the boxes for you.. but lets say she was big big girl, would you still go with her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot)
    My 73 year old neighbour likes Star Wars. I'll let her know if you're interested . For the record, Star Wars is awesome.
    Is she single?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    Is she single?
    Yup. Must be your lucky day.

ReputationRep:
    1) Wit (girls that are flirty but in a smart and cheeky way are fairly irresistable).
    2) Kindhearted/affectionate.
    3) Intelligent/confident - you don't need to be a future nobel laureate but I don't think I could date a girl that I couldn't have an interesting conversation with.
    4) A sense of fun/adventure.
    5) Physical attraction - nice smile, sweet/classy look, decent figure (particularly nice legs) etc.

ReputationRep:
    Tits
    Arse
    Tits-Arse coordination
    Nice legs
    Nice face

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Must be your lucky day.
    I'll have to make my move :cool:

ReputationRep:
    cheesy smile :-D

ReputationRep:
    1. Nice character
    2. Intelligence
    3. Looks
    4. athletic
    5. Ambitions

In this order.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I also tend to like them old and crispy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    1) Smart - Can't have a decent conversation if you've got little between the ears.
    2) Personality - Don't have to be a party girl (in fact that's not usually a plus), but to be approachable and chatty is lovely. So long as that "chatty-ness" is not only reserved for reality-tv shows and the latest gossip (see no. 1)
    3) Fitness - I'm physically fit and active, no intention of dating a fatty.
    4) Face - Don't have to be the next top model, but I'd rather you not look anything like Sue-Bo. Eye's are something I find attractive.
    5) Boobs - I like boobs. However, see no. 3, boobs on fatties don't count.

Probably in that order, but not necessarily.
    The golden rule. Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Authority_Song)
    X
    Except for your personal preference in looks, you pretty much nailed it.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck. Put your light saber to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    Tits
    Arse
    Tits-Arse coordination
    Nice legs
    Nice face
    Because a woman's personality/brain is not important...

ReputationRep:
    Because a woman's personality/brain is not important...
    Nahh.

Was just joking anyway. If you want to see what I really look for in a girl you may stalk my previous threads made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MantaRey)
    1) Personality - Frigid and negative people are not desirable. Personally I like people who are (publicly) somewhat reserved but still friendly and approachable.
    2) Smart- A sharp mind is always a good thing.
    3) Looks - A girl should look presentable and imo have a "natural" look without fake nails, fake hair color, fake contacts, fake tan, excessive make-up etc.
    4) Fun- Nobody wants to be around a killjoy. A girl should be fun to be around and not take things too seriously.
    5) Confidence - Somebody who can stand up for themselves in the face of criticism earns my respect.

Tbh I've never even been in a relationship though and I'm 24 and the only girls I've asked out flat out said "No!", so perhaps my standards are too high or I'm just some hideous spawn.
    I don't think your standards are too high! Those are all reasonable things to look for in a partner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    Hair - has to have some.
    Spelling
    Punctuation
    Grammar
    Someone who likes a grammar Nazi.
    I believe I qualify maybe a little too much for points 2-4 Are you fussy about colour of hair or is it just its mere presence that is required?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    Nahh.

Was just joking anyway. If you want to see what I really look for in a girl you may stalk my previous threads made.
    I know you were joking. I was trying to be sarcastic. Sadly, it never conveys well through text I might stalk. I might not.

ReputationRep:
    -bum
    -funny
    -bum
    -cute
    -bum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.M.182)
    Okay, what if a girl ticked all of the boxes for you.. but lets say she was big big girl, would you still go with her?
    No, but she wouldn't tick sporty box which was one of mine . Seriously though: I agree it's important but someone who's the polar opposite of any of the things I put in my 6 (5 wasn't enough) I wouldn't go for, and looks genuinely isn't the most important one of them. If I get along amazingly with a girl but she's not the most attractive girl ever that's fine, if we don't really get along but she's a 10/10 then sure I'll have a ONS but no more.

As I said it's important (and anyone who says otherwise is probably lying) but I'm pedantic and don't agree with it being the most important.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.