Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxSherlockxx)
    Anyone going to Uni in London?
    Possibly, if I don't meet my firm. Which unis did you firm and insure?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Oh where are you and what are you studying?
    Economics at qmul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    Economics at qmul
    I'll be starting in September. Medicine at Barts, so not far away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    Possibly, if I don't meet my firm. Which unis did you firm and insure?
    I haven't firmed any yet but it will be Barts Just need to take the plunge and do it haha What about you?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by DashingHero)
    Hey, totally agree with your way of thinking.

And hopefully I'll be going Newcastle (I'm still desperately waiting for a reply )

I've applied to study Mechanical engineering. You?
    Hey!

I live up here already, little less scary I suppose. Don't worry, you've still got plenty of time I know a couple of other students who haven't had their replies yet.

Law for me

ReputationRep:
    I haven't firmed any yet but it will be Barts Just need to take the plunge and do it haha What about you?
    I firmed Warwick and insured KCL. But i'm not particularly confident on meeting my Warwick offer. Is Barts the medical school at queen mary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    Hot chocolate makes you automatically an awesome person, so you are forgiven. :P the question is: dunk or no dunk?

Do you plan on joining many societies?
    Hmm, I'm gonna say no dunk. Sorry, there is just way too much of a risk of getting crumbs in my chocolate heaven :rolleyes:

Hmm, I think I might try some of these:

American Football (I'm a massive fan, can't wait to start playing, heh)
    Physics Society
    Maths Society
    Chess Club
    Debating Club
    Politics Society
    Dobby's soc.
    Labour Students
    Christian Union
    Quasar Society

and of course, the Assassin's Guild xD

I plan on being busy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot)
    There's no point all in worrying and even if your flatmates are not like you there are still plenty of people to get to know and make friends with on your course!
    Yeah, I think societies will help loads on that front. I'll be able to find a group of intelligent and interesting people

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Warwick and insured KCL. But i'm not particularly confident on meeting my Warwick offer. Is Barts the medical school at queen mary?
    That it is What are you hoping to study?

ReputationRep:
    That it is What are you hoping to study?
    Well done on the medicine offers. I know someone who studies medicine at queen mary and they really like it there . I'm hoping to study maths :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YThursday)
    Hmm, I'm gonna say no dunk. Sorry, there is just way too much of a risk of getting crumbs in my chocolate heaven :rolleyes:

Hmm, I think I might try some of these:

American Football (I'm a massive fan, can't wait to start playing, heh)
    Physics Society
    Maths Society
    Chess Club
    Debating Club
    Politics Society
    Dobby's soc.
    Labour Students
    Christian Union
    Quasar Society

and of course, the Assassin's Guild xD

I plan on being busy.
    Hmm, to be honest, the crumbs is the bad bit. But soggy warm biscuit does warm the heart on such cruel April days...

Golly! As much as I do plan on keeping busy, I don't think even I'll have enough time for 10 socs :P must make the most of first year though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YThursday)
    Yeah, I think societies will help loads on that front. I'll be able to find a group of intelligent and interesting people
    I totally forgot about societies. As long as people accept me, my books, nerdiness and my guitar somewhere then I am happy LOL. I'm super talkative in general but the first hi and hello is always awkward for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Hey!

I live up here already, little less scary I suppose. Don't worry, you've still got plenty of time I know a couple of other students who haven't had their replies yet.

Law for me
    I live about 4 hours away so thats a tad bit scary, especially since i visited newcastle on an open day and I could hardly understand people. It would be like learning another language

Yeah I've talked to a few other students who are still waiting, didn't help with the nerves a lot though

What's your insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the medicine offers. I know someone who studies medicine at queen mary and they really like it there . I'm hoping to study maths :cool:.
    Thank you Just goes to show it's worth re-applying :P Maths? Clever person! How do you like your tea?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    This is definitely where I belong! I'm quite tired of everyone making fun of me just because I don't drink like them and make a fool of myself. In my head if I don't like the taste of something then why would I want to drink it? Doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Another non-drinker over here! I'll be firming Southampton for Medicine. Feeling pretty nervous about uni, but I'm really looking forward to it at the same time!

(I am definitely not avoiding revision by posting on TSR...)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Just goes to show it's worth re-applying :P Maths? Clever person! How do you like your tea?
    I don't like tea (or coffee or hot chocolate ). They just don't taste very nice to me. I'm happy with apple juice, milk or strawberry milkshake :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    Well, thought I should introduce myself to my fellow non/occasional drinkers.

Hey, I'm DashingHero. I've applied to study Mech engineering at Aston, plymouth, leicester, coventry and newcastle. I'm still waiting for a reply from newcastle though.

I'm interested in joining any sport societies (football, self defence, hockey, archery etc) and any that just interest me. When at an open day, it was mentioned they had a twenty minute society, where the leader? sends you a text and you have to follow out those instructions within twenty minutes. If you do this then you may win a prize.

Supposedly, once this happened where the people that made it to a certain airport with their passport had a paid for weekend trip to amsterdam.

Anyways I hardly drink because I don't really like a lot of alcohol and cause parents rarely drink. (Tbh I also think I'm still a bit of a kid cause I can get excited over having a fizzy drink, whereas alcohol just sounds plain boring ) I should stop talking now

See ya!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like tea (or coffee or hot chocolate ). They just don't taste very nice to me. I'm happy with apple juice, milk or strawberry milkshake :rolleyes:.
    no tea? aaah traitor :P No that's cool. I love tea...amazing how I manage to restrict myself to two cups a day. My friends made me a teapot birthday cake for my 19th. I am so cool...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by DashingHero)
    I live about 4 hours away so thats a tad bit scary, especially since i visited newcastle on an open day and I could hardly understand people. It would be like learning another language

Yeah I've talked to a few other students who are still waiting, didn't help with the nerves a lot though

What's your insurance choice?
    I'm not too bad with my accent - understandable at least, I think! Geordies at least have quite a friendly reputation. Must be scary though from so far away.

Northumbria is my back up - don't know if you know it but it's up in Newcastle as well

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.