Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The seven social classes of the UK watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which social class do you belong to?
    Elite
    14.43%
    Established middle class
    24.23%
    Technical middle class
    24.23%
    New affluent workers
    10.31%
    Traditional working class
    5.15%
    Emergent service workers
    10.82%
    Precariat
    10.82%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobaccoSmoke)
    Only the English worry about all this classism crap. They did away with all that in most of continental Europe.
    Rubbish. Just because titles etc were abolished in much of europe it absolutely does not mean that classism does not exist. I know several Italian aristocrats and they are very class conscious and still use their titles despite the fact that they are no longer legally recognised.

ReputationRep:
    Established middle class. ***** please, everyone knows my House is the greatest in Westeros. :smug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    seriously who gives a ****?

ReputationRep:
    There is certain truth in what BBC statement. However, I believe there are only two social classes in UK:
    The first one they are who live comfortably and they are both the rich and the unemployed who live on benefits.
    The second is the working class, or the used to be middle class, the main tax payer who are always stressed out with work and day to day life. Yu can read more about them in this article: http://www.advett.com/publications/N...ss-system.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mullionel)
    There is certain truth in what BBC statement. However, I believe there are only two social classes in UK:
    The first one they are who live comfortably and they are both the rich and the unemployed who live on benefits.
    The second is the working class, or the used to be middle class, the main tax payer who are always stressed out with work and day to day life. Yu can read more about them in this article: http://www.advett.com/publications/N...ss-system.html
    Yes, a system founded on prejudice. Nice one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is. It's real pity that such social disparity still in 21st century.

ReputationRep:
    'New affluent worker'

Except, I'm not a worker and not exactly 'affluent'.

Methinks this system does not compute well with student life.

ReputationRep:
    On the short test I got Elite

Long test: 97/100 for economic capital
    30/100 for social capital
    50/100 for economic capital

Meh, seems like bs to me tbh

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.