Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do so many women want to be treated better than men...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I HAVE A SOLUTION.

Remove all doors, everywhere, with the exception of the revolving type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Of course it is possible for, say, us, or anyone else who cares enough, to avoid the big supermarket chains and to avoid women. But it takes a special effort, because of the way the market is rigged. Therefore (enough) people in general will still shop at Tesco's, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and (enough) men in general will still kowtow to women. The powerful position of both the supermarket chains and the women is maintained, even if you or I do not subscribe to it.

What's worse is it still affects you or me, the opters-out, because it drives up prices at the small greengrocer, and it drives up the difficulty of meeting a woman (which we do still need to do, in the long term) who does not have unrealistic expectations.

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? I suspect you're one of those no-such-thing-as-society people.
    The market when it comes to food retailers is 'rigged' precisely because enough people were not willing to pay a higher premium for food from a local greengrocers. Of course they could have chosen to, and then the supermarkets margins would have been eroded if they were not able to sell in bulk. Governments can also enact antitrust legislation to prevent there being too few retailers operating in a certain area and provide subsidies to smaller businesses.

You do not need to 'kowtow' to women. We do not need to 'meet women' even in the long-term. When it comes to sex there are still numerous outlets (in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and other nations where prostitution is legalized) and the option to take libido-diminishing medication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    I HAVE A SOLUTION.

Remove all doors, everywhere, with the exception of the revolving type.
    Post of the thread right there folks.

Problem solved.

**** yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    Men and women have different strengths so equality can come to some extents

Posted from TSR Mobile
    funny how this 'equality' doesn't involve any of the crapper aspects of being a man, women seem to easily pick the best of both genders these days

ReputationRep:
    I tell you what.

Why don't we treat men and women differntly because they _are_ different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    funny how this 'equality' doesn't involve any of the crapper aspects of being a man, women seem to easily pick the best of both genders these days
    because if you look at history men were believed to be superior than women and these women were practically raising up children/cooking etc. and did not have a good profession so in a way women worked to achieve this equality, so i dont see how women are picking the best of both genders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    because if you look at history men were believed to be superior than women and these women were practically raising up children/cooking etc. and did not have a good profession so in a way women worked to achieve this equality, so i dont see how women are picking the best of both genders
    because they expect to be treated better than men, i.e not as harshly but expect the same rewards, you cant pick and choose

ReputationRep:
    It's not the women's fault, they really don't know what they want tbh. It's the fault of the captain manginas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    Exactly , if there are future wars I expect to see hundreds of women on the front lines while the fathers stay at home and weep .
    I expect to see divorce not **** over men for everything they have.
    I expect women to hold open doors for me.
    I expect women to pay their share on first dates and not pull a face like a rats ass if I propose the idea.

etc etc
    On the second point they have changed the law so the highest earner gets ****ed over for divorce regardless of gender.

Lots of women hold doors open for people, don't really know where you got that idea.

On the final point, surely the person who suggested the date should pay for both... It would be like inviting someone to your house for a barbecue and asking them to pay for each burger they eat.

ReputationRep:
    Generalisation much?

ReputationRep:
    Because women are dreadful creatures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    I tell you what.

Why don't we treat men and women differntly because they _are_ different.
    You're right! We should be treated radically differently because we have boobs and a womb. For example, doors should be opened at all times for us and the toilet seat put back down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.